got fina? is offline Member

4 months on GH. Low Vitamin D

Anyhow. Went for another blood test yesterday. The last one was before i started taking 2 Iu's of Serostim a day. I never tolod the doctor that im on GH since i wouldnt want to hear a leccture. When he got the results back he told me the only thing different from the last blood test whicch i tool prior to starting GH was that i had a slightly low Vitamin d in blood.

Do u guys think this was caused by my Gh, and is it something to be concerned about? Could it cause any problems.

Anyway's i told him i was feeling panicky and he gave me Clonazepam. Took one last night and slept like a fukn champ.

What r your thoughts. Thanks, Al

So do you guys think the GH could be causeing the lowered count in Vitamin D?

JimInAK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got fina? View Post
    So do you guys think the GH could be causeing the lowered count in Vitamin D?
    I serious doubt that your use of GH would affect your vitamin D level. Being from Alaska, where it gets quite dark in the winter due to our long nights (less than six hours of indirect daylight in December, as the sun never goes directly overhead in the winter), we have vitiman D issues then, which cause depression in some people, as vitimin D is produced in your body as a direct result of skin exposure to the sun.

Get more sun exposure or take supplemental doses of D in pill form. Occasional use of a tanning bed could help. Your low level of vitamin D should be easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by JimInAK View Post
    I serious doubt that your use of GH would affect your vitamin D level. Being from Alaska, where it gets quite dark in the winter due to our long nights (less than six hours of indirect daylight in December, as the sun never goes directly overhead in the winter), we have vitiman D issues then, which cause depression in some people, as vitimin D is produced in your body as a direct result of skin exposure to the sun.

Get more sun exposure or take supplemental doses of D in pill form. Occasional use of a tanning bed could help. Your low level of vitamin D should be easy to fix.
    Cool. Great info brother!!!! Im offf to the beach....

JimInAK is offline Member
    FYI - You can find tons of information regarding vitamin D definciency by doing a simple search on the web. There are many conflicting ideas regarding what level is optimal and how to achieve an optimal level. Many medical experts claim that many diseases are caused or fueled by a vitamin D deficiency.

I'm not an expert and I recommend that you do your own research on vitamin D, so you can make an informed decision. I take 2000 - 4000 iu of D3 daily... some experts recommend 5000 iu / day. The FDA recommends 400 iu / day, while the latest research indicates much more can greatly benefit your immune system, bones and joints, colon and prostrate, etc.

I eat lots of fish and eggs, which I believe are good sources for vitamin D. Many experts say that a lack of vitamin D contributes to the poor condition of health for many people.

Here's a pretty good source of general information on vitamin D: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D
    Last edited by JimInAK; 08-27-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    Yep, go to the beach or get to the tanning salon. Natural UVB will fix you up faster and better than any pills.

Thread Information