Morgoth is offline Associate Member

HGH Gut-Is it real?

So we have all seen the pictures of Pro BB'ers who have a gut. Some people say its caused by HGH, others say its caused by Insulin .

What's the truth?

Also, if it's caused by HGH, how can one avoid it? Is it reversible?

Are you referring to the IGF gut? The HGH signals the liver to release IGF. IGF is the real compound that grows muscles and bones. The IGF receptors are reset in the muscles after a hard workout and there are a high concentration in the intestines. HGH alone, unless you're taking HUGE amounts, isn't the culprit. It's the huge amounts of IGF that's taken that's more likely the culprit to the distended gut.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So we have all seen the pictures of Pro BB'ers who have a gut. Some people say its caused by HGH, others say its caused by Insulin .

What's the truth?

Also, if it's caused by HGH, how can one avoid it? Is it reversible?
    Ive seen it more with insulin ABUSE then anything. You would have to be on massive amounts for long periods with just HGH.

Morgoth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Are you referring to the IGF gut? The HGH signals the liver to release IGF. IGF is the real compound that grows muscles and bones. The IGF receptors are reset in the muscles after a hard workout and there are a high concentration in the intestines. HGH alone, unless you're taking HUGE amounts, isn't the culprit. It's the huge amounts of IGF that's taken that's more likely the culprit to the distended gut.
    So you mena to say that IGF when taken SEPERATELY from HGH is what causes the gut?

Any more opinions?

Belial10732 is offline New Member

mediocre45 is offline Junior Member
    I have kind of a big gut...but I've never run high doses of IGF...about 250 mcg a week, sometimes 4 days at 60-70 mcg per day. I think it is from constantly pushing out my gut to: 1) powerlift and 2) impress the ladies...could that amount of IGF have caused my gut? (note that I do have abs and it's not just a fat gut). Also...I've always been able to push out my gut like a pregnant woman since I was a kid...hence the reason I have always got so many chicks.

That's awesome. I gotta work on my gut.

Thread Information