GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Thinking GH is for me...what do you think?

Hi everyone! I am new to the site and wanted to share my goals...been thinking HGH might be an option. All advice is appreciated

Weight: 150 - 160, presently at 160
    Height: 5ft 4in
    Weekly Work Out: 2 - 3 spinning class, one step bench, one weight resistance for a weekly total of 4 hours. Everyother week I take in a yoga and step class. (About a year ago, I was between jobs and worked out about 9 hours a week...and only made it to 147 lbs)

Body type: an apple..most of my fat in the stomach area, I am straight in the hips, toned legs and thighs and boody. My weight is decieving because I carry a lot of muscle...think stocky cheerleader. I am wear a size 6/8 at the moment; 7 lbs for me is a dress size.

Diet: I eat well, lean proteins, salads no dressing, try to limit bread carbs, but do have a sweet tooth. Take in about 1700 calories per day.

Goals: Fat lost, especially in abdominal area. I would love to be between 130 and 135...but just can't seem to get there. I love the leaner look on a woman, definition...no bulk.

JimInAK is offline Member
    I'm 51 years old and have been taking HGH for about two years now. It's not magic, but I am convinced that it works for me.

I only take 2iu/day, although I increase the dose a bit if/when I cycle Test and Deca . The benefits are not as obvious as taking AAS, but overall it helps me maintain my gains plus my joints seem to be stronger, my skin in much clearer and I feel better when taking HGH. My libido is improved and my recovery when injured seems to be very good, particularly when considering my age.

I believe that HGH is beneficial for healthy older people. It works for me.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    HGH for women has become something confusing to me honestly. Many docs recommend low doses for women as in 1-2 units ED and no more than this. However if HGH does not react to women as much as men, then this makes no sense except for the fact that women have so many other hormones at play which effect HGH.. pros and cons. Even Suzanne S. in her latest book, "Breakthrough" along with other docs, suggest that if our hormones are not balanced FIRST before starting HGH, then one will gain weight more than likely. I should have listened to this! After 6 months averaging 1 unit a day along with BHRT....I am bigger than I have ever been in my life. This outcome has really made me re-think this entire thing. I went cold turkey on everything except for my Armour Thyroid. Whatever you decide to do..start low...and build up. I will be curious to hear what you decide to do and results. WELCOME AGAIN! Glad you made it over here!

ps: since I started I have eaten the best in my life..worked out more than ever...
    the best part about HGH is the SLEEP!! best sleep in the world...and the great sense of well being...

We are opposite body "shape" types.. which could make a difference! hey..you never know...genetics plays a part in this!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-21-2010 at 07:19 PM.

If you go on HGH I'd love to see your results. I'm very interested in how HGH affects women. Not too much data on women and HGH.

my thoughts

I too am surprised at how little info is available for women and gh. Men seem to begin dropping bf within 4 - 6 weeks of hgh usage. When I go on a diet, my husband looses weight faster than me, so I expect my progress to be slower (or more normal). I am also surprised of the results of slimmerme...all contrary to what I have read. I have no thyroid issues, just an awfully slow metabolism!

If I decide to go, I will work up to 4 -5 iu daily depending on the source (generics vs others). I have read that any dosage less than 2 iu (5 on/ 2 off) is only beneficial for anti-aging. I do anticipate bloating and hand tingling sensation in the first month from my research. I do not expect to see any results until month 4....which seems like a long wait.

I don't think that my goals are unrealistic, although I may have to watch a little more closely on what I eat. I will have to think on this a bit more, because this is an expense, but perhaps I can rationalize it as a Xmas gift to me!

Sounds like you have looked into it and know what you want to do!
    My doc actually wanted me on a higher dose so you are both on the same page. I actually chose to lower the dose myself and he feels my IGF-1 results reflect this. So..It will be interesting to see what happens on a higher dose...it really will be.
    Looking forward to your journey.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-21-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Sounds like you have looked into it and know what you want to do!
    My doc actually wanted me on a higher dose so you are both on the same page. I actually chose to lower the dose myself and he feels my IGF-1 results reflect this. So..It will be interesting to see what happens on a higher dose...it really will be.
    Looking forward to your journey.
    I have been reading / reasearching and haven't found any women taking above 5 iu so if Dr is recommending above 5, I too would give pause and question. Why did you not follow doctor's advice?? Are you considering to increase the dosage?? Interested in your next step!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I have been reading / reasearching and haven't found any women taking above 5 iu so if Dr is recommending above 5, I too would give pause and question. Why did you not follow doctor's advice?? Are you considering to increase the dosage?? Interested in your next step!
    Doc suggested 3 units ED of script Omnitrope. I was way too bloated so I lowered it..and felt better. He wanted for me to do 3 units to help with lean mass but with the testosterone and DHEA along with it, I bulked up like a BB's DREAM come true! There is a reason these guys want HGH....and I suppose I was a living example. Bigger but stonger...tighter but more massive. Not what I wanted. My doc still insists that I should have stuck with the 3 units. My gut told me otherwise. And I am glad I listened to myself. I would have kept getting more like a moose. About 3 weeks ago, after my last BW, I went cold turkey. On everything. The only thing I miss is the deep sleep and great sense of well being. I might start back again but want to clean out on everything. I do think combining the test with the DHEA did contribute to my gain. So..I recently separated my estrogen and progesterone and eliminated the test and DHEA all together. I plan to start the Estrogen and Progesterone back in few weeks...after I clean out....and then might start back the HGH. Jury is still out on this though.

After reading so much on this, I am still conflicted as to this: IF women do not react to HGH as much as men..then why is it suggested we take lower doses? My only theory is because we have so many other hormones.

Anyway...my suggestion is to follow your instinct on this. Only you know what feels right. I just could not take the water retention headaches nor fatigue. And when I saw that I was popping out of my clothes, I thought.."whoa nelly!" enough of this! I wanted to get skinny! Not bigger! so....I suppose we all react differently. And I mentioned that I am a different body type because it will be interesting to see if later down the road, it makes a difference. Dr Uzzi Reiss mentions in "Natural Superwoman" the body types do signify estrogen dominance or not. And since I am more hourglass curvy type (estrogen dominant according to him) with lots of muscle as well as I always been athletic (testosterone dominant), this combination of the two could make a difference somehow. Hey..you never know...and since we are at the forefront on this...all the data will help.

I too am curious as to what all you do and how you feel. Please try to keep a log. This will help you remember. I did for awhile then stopped. Wish I had all along.

Good Luck! I am so glad to have another gal around town!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-23-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Thread Information