amar7 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Dr Bernstein: Lantus doesnt bind to IGF receptors, as long as...

Lantus doesnt bind to IGF receptors, as long as there are insulin receptor, which everyone of us does have in their bodys. So that Lantus binds to IGF-1 receptors could be a false study I'm afraid.
    At least thats what I understood out of the text with my limited english language skills, I give you 2 quotes on that in addition to the source:

"There is a law of physics that when you get down to molecular through subatomic dimensions, if it can happen, it will happen," says Bernstein. "If you have IGF-1 receptors available, even though you have insulin receptors, insulin is going to bind to some of them. In chemistry, it is called the 'law of mass action.' Most of it will go to the insulin receptors, but a little of it will hit the IGF-1 receptors. So we probably should not use that as an argument that it can't cause cancer."
    "Insulin binds to insulin like growth factor [IGF-1] receptors, and it binds to insulin receptors," says Bohannon. "But if you have insulin receptors and IGF-1 receptors, it will bind to the insulin receptors and not the IFG-1 receptors. This was a specially bred strain that did not have insulin receptors, so the only thing to bind to was the IGF-1 receptors. And when you bind to the IGF-1 receptors, that can stimulate the formation of tumors.
    Quote of this text "Can Insulin cause cancer?"
    http://www.wifil.com/forum/messages/41549.htm

So if I get this right, Lantus doesnt bind to the IGF-receptors usually as long as your insulin receptors are availible. The question is, if this is right, how is it possible to lower the insulin receptors to elevate the igf-binding? Or could it be necessary to overdose Lantus to get the Insulin receptors saturated for the igf to be activated? (which I don't recommend to anyone as there is a high risk of hypoglycemia which can lead to the death in worst case)

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    hmmm, im lost here

amar7 is offline Junior Member
    hey dec11, Lantus is known for the tendency to bind to the IGF1-receptors about 10x more than usual human insulin . Thats why some scientists linked lantus to cancer, which is bollocks anyway imho, because many studies have shown that IGF1 doesnt cause cancer. For bodybuilder IGF1 is for many reasons an interesting thing to get elevated as you probably know

Thread Information