shizizzle is offline New Member

First HGH injection, maybe too much iu's

I just started my HGH cycle, planning on doing it for 6 months at 8 iu's a day.

This was my very first shot, and I feel kind of 'sick', a little bit of nausea and sweating and tired.

Was this a bad idea to inject 8 iu's for my first shot, should I have gradually built up to 8 iu's?

This is my very first HGH cycle, but I have ran steroid cycles before so its not just injection nerves.

Forgot to say, its generic blue tops.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome.
    WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH! 8 units to start out? I bet you do feel bad. Stop right now at that dose please.
    What are your goals and stats?

Tomorrow start with at the most 2 units and build up gradually. Here is a thread you might like to read.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...one-interested

shizizzle is offline New Member
    I am bulking, will be starting a dbol /test p/deca cycle in 1 month and thought I would start the HGH early.

If I can handle the 'sick' feeling, would it be ok to continue at 8 iu's a day, or is there risk of permanent damage?

height: 5'11"
    weight: 185lbs

First of all HGH is not recommended for anyone under 30 for the potential of the negative feedback loop and not worth the risk...are you a body builder? or for personal well being?

Handling the sides of 8 units ED could backfire. How on earth are you going to have the energy to go to the gym with the way you feel? makes no sense to do such a shock to your system. Building up the doses will help prevent sides.

And I bet you are not even 100% certain you have legit stuff which is even worse to take that amount of gh.

LeanGreenMachine is offline Junior Member
    I have to agree with SlimmerMe here. At 25 your Pituitary should still be pulsing GH in big doses. Get your labwork done to measure your IGF-1 then decide if pinning synthetic HGH is the way to go. Remember, exogenous GH will provide a negative feedback loop to your Puititary and shut down your natural GH pulses for several hours or more after pinning. That being said, if you have to run synthetic HGH then start at a smaller dose and build up, say; 2IU for 2 weeks, then 4IU for 2 weeks, 6IU for 2 weeks, etc. Otherwise, your arms wil be completely numb and your fingers will look like sausages!

You could also consider the GH releasing peptides like GHRP-6 and CJC-1295. These will bost your natural GH without the negative feedback of exogenous GH on your Pituitary - IMHO
    Last edited by LeanGreenMachine; 01-31-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Markosterone is offline Member
    When I started my hgh I did 2 units first day, then upped it with 1 unit every day, second week, I was on 4 units ED, 3rd week upped to 6. Now I backed down to 5 units ED.
    Got hard to work with my hands hurting cause of the sides...

I always took my hgh in the morning, and it made me tierd. Now I do my hgh post workout with insulin , and It is much better, not getting tierd at all but acctually feeling good and having moore energy. I always work out after I get home from work.

GL & HF

ps. I am 25y old to. ds

HGH is great stuff. I've been on it consistently for over 2 years at 5iu/ed. Still feel great and stay pretty lean even though my diet's not perfect. The age dependency thing is that, like AAS shutting down your HPTA, the HGH will slow down your natural pulses of growth hormone . There is a chance your pituitary will be permanently affected and will produce less natural growth hormones when the synthetic HGH use is over. At 25, most people produce about 2iu of natural growth hormone everyday. The damage to your natural production isn't felt immediately. It just happens over time. If you're going to run HGH, you should know the consequences.

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    Scotch I know your usually spot on with your posts. Can you direct me to any studies that even hint at the fact that pituitary will be permanently affected and or will produce less natural growth hormones. Also regarding how many iu's our bodies produce of gh naturally at a particular age, any documentation on this. I know these answers are the stock answers we will see over and over in this forum and many others, I've just never seen anything to support this.

GH consumer is offline Banned
    Would definitely be interesting to see studies related to this.

Allthough there are (almost) no studies being done on healthy, good eating, not deficient, AAS and GH in much higher doses then medical using subjects.

It is almost impossible to compare a study done on substantially different subjects then most on here and after use those conclusions to the fullest.

Exogenous GH and AAS use is very limited in the medical field and therefore the conclusions of the studies can only reach so far.

The further one goes with his/hers use of AAS and GH, the more the evidence becomes anecdotal.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just curious, never done growth (too cheap LOL) but my main fear would be "gorrilla gut", is this side felt to be dose dependent or more dose and duration or is it related to use of growth in the environment of a couple of grams a week of AAS?

GH consumer is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Just curious, never done growth (too cheap LOL) but my main fear would be "gorrilla gut", is this side felt to be dose dependent or more dose and duration or is it related to use of growth in the environment of a couple of grams a week of AAS?
    The GH gut is funnily not mostly caused by GH alone but the main cuprit is thought to be insulin .

High doses of GH and insulin for over a long period (years) will in some produce this.

AAS will not cause the gut and also high doses with GH will (although purely anecdotal evidence) not cause the dreaded gut.

I have to agree with ScotchGuard here. High doses of exogenous HGH can and will affect your natural GH pulses. The synthetic GH creates a negative feedback loop your Pituitary just like AAS does to your HPTA. If I were as young as some of you guys I WOULD NOT be using exogenous HGH, at least not until your early 30s anyway. Is there any studies to prove this? I am pretty sure there are NONE conducted on healthy 20 something year old males with normal IGF levels. I can pretty much guarantee that! I am 48 years old and I will suppliment HGH for life. Are you willing to take that risk at 20 something? I wouldn't.
    Last edited by LeanGreenMachine; 01-31-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Lanzi R, Tannenbaum GS. Journal of Endocrinology

Department of Pediatrics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Endogenous pulsatile GH secretion is blunted by the administration of exogenous GH; however, few data are available on the time course of GH negative feedback, and the mechanism by which this occurs still remains unclear. In the present study, we examined the temporal pattern of the inhibitory effect induced by an acute (single) and chronic (5 days) sc recombinant human (rh) GH injection regimen on spontaneous GH release in the rat and assessed the possible involvement of the hypothalamic GH-inhibitory peptide, somatostatin (SRIF), in this response. Eight-hour (0800-1600 h) GH secretory profiles, obtained from free-moving adult male rats administered a single sc injection of 200 micrograms rhGH at 0800 h, revealed a marked suppression of spontaneous GH pulses (GH peak amplitude: 45.7 +/- 10.9 vs. 207.8 +/- 31.7 ng/ml in H2O-injected control rats; P less than 0.001) lasting for up to 4.1 +/- 0.1 h after the injection (mean 4-h plasma GH level: 13.6 +/- 3.6 vs. 49.4 +/- 7.0 ng/ml in H2O-injected controls; P less than 0.01). During the subsequent 4- to 8-h period, recovery of spontaneous GH secretory bursts was evident, and neither the GH peak amplitude nor mean 4-h plasma GH level of rhGH-treated rats was significantly different from that of H2O-injected controls. The magnitude, time course, and recovery of the rhGH-induced inhibitory effect on pulsatile GH release after chronic rhGH treatment was similar to that after a single injection. Passive immunization of rhGH-treated rats with SRIF antiserum reversed the rhGH-induced inhibition of spontaneous GH pulses (peak amplitude: 131.7 +/- 53.7 vs. 7.1 +/- 3.4 ng/ml in rhGH-treated control rats given normal sheep serum; P less than 0.05) and restored both the GH peak amplitude and mean plasma GH level to values similar to those in H2O-injected controls. Taken together, these results demonstrate that: 1) the inhibitory effect of rhGH on endogenous pulsatile GH release is of short duration (approximately 4 h); 2) the time course of this response does not change after 5-day repeated rhGH administration; and 3) the feedback effect of GH on its own spontaneous release is exerted, at least in part, by increasing hypothalamic SRIF secretion. Such a mechanism of GH feedback may be important in the physiological control of pulsatile GH secretion.

Exogenous growth hormone inhibits growth hormone-releasing factor-induced growth hormone secretion in normal men.

Rosenthal SM, Hulse JA, Kaplan SL, Grumbach MM.

Previous studies from this laboratory and by others in rats, monkeys, and humans support the concept that growth hormone (GH) can regulate its own secretion through an autofeedback mechanism. With the availability of human growth hormone-releasing factor (GRF), the possible existence of such a mechanism was reexplored by examining the effect of exogenous GH on the GH response induced by GRF-44-NH2 in six normal men (mean age, 32.4 yr). In all subjects the plasma GH response evoked by GRF-44-NH2 (1 microgram/kg i.v. bolus) was studied before and after 5 d of placebo (1 ml normal saline i.m. every 12 h), and then before and 12 h after 5 d of biosynthetic methionyl human GH (5 U i.m. every 12 h). The GH response to GRF (maximal increment over time 0 value) was significantly inhibited after GH treatment (0-1.3 vs. 2.3-11.2 ng/ml before treatment, P = 0.05), but was not significantly affected by placebo. This impaired pituitary response to GRF persisted for at least 24 h following exogenous GH treatment in two subjects who underwent further study. Serum somatomedin-C concentrations were significantly increased after 5 d of GH treatment (2.66-5.00 vs. 0.92-1.91 U/ml before treatment, P = less than 0.01). The impaired pituitary response to GRF may be mediated indirectly through somatomedin, somatostatin, by a direct effect of GH on the pituitary somatotropes, or by all of these mechanisms. These data suggest that after GH treatment, the blunted GH response to synthetic GRF is not solely a consequence of the inhibition of hypothalamic GRF secretion.

jaketh3snake is offline New Member
    If you want to go pro in the sport of bodybuilding HGH is a must. Not saying I am going to do it anytime soon as I'm only 18 but when the time comes in a few years I am prepared to use it.

Hey there Jake!
    I hope you wait!

Poetry.........

inevitable is offline Member
    I know this is an older post, was just rooting around on here and saw this and decided to pop up on it.
    I have to disagree with everyone that said hgh should not be used by people in there 20's. I for one, am 26 and have been using for 4 years with a month or 2 off here and there. I have been using GRF1-29 and Ipa 3xday @100mcg's as well.. I have blood work done every time I take a month off and my numbers are always back in range. I only pin up before I got to bed. Our natural boost is within the first 2hrs of sleep, exo takes at least 3-4 hours to reach peak in the blood, and exo stays in the sys for 24hrs from the point injected. So in turn if your pinning first thing in the morning or mid day you are suppressing your natural boost alot more than you think as well as messing with the negative feedback loop. Now I know there will be people that disagree with me, and thats fine everyone can have their opinion, but there are a few of use testing out numerous protocols (dosing, dosing times, etc..) and we are seeing all the so called "right way" turn out bust. and YES we have before, during, and after bloodwork. Food for thought. enjoy.

Thread Information