sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member

Elitropin Green Tops 2nd IGF test 30 days in

Im 40 with a reference interval of 109-284

1st test after 6 days (1st 3 days @ 2iu and last 3 @ 3iu was 421 abotu 2.5 hours after pinninf and 12 hours fasting.

2nd test 21 days @ 4iu pin at 5 am breakfast at 6:15 (1.5 cup eggs whites, 1 cup oats) blood draw 8am IGF at 468

other notes had full physical BP 115/65 blood sugars at 91.

sides - numb tingly and cold hands also achey feet and hands. Fatigue has past and bloating down (still feel it a bit in the face). all seems to be consistant with normal sides.

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Since hgh works in conjunction with carbs, the more carbs will do wonders at the time of your breakfast.

Blog Entries
    = higher igf levels.

are my levels good? or a better question would be what level should one expect. is there a range or would it be a percentage higher than your base levels on in my case i have to use my reference intervals. I didnt get an initial blood test.
    Last edited by sgt2jay; 03-07-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    there are ok. mine at 550-600 but im natural though ;-)

LightBearer631 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    Since hgh works in conjunction with carbs, the more carbs will do wonders at the time of your breakfast.
    i see so much conflicting info on this, people say dont take in carbs 1hr before and after shot... some ppl say carbs are better, i dont know what is better off

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Your waiting too long before the blood is drawn. 45 minutes to 1 hour after pinning will more closely capture peak levels. They fall off rapidly after that.

Blog Entries
    45 min to an 1 hr are fine if you are in the morning. For ex. my workout buddy takes gh pwo w/o slin and takes his protein shake with carbs 12 min after he pins and he seems fine without going hypo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartans09 View Post
    Your waiting too long before the blood is drawn. 45 minutes to 1 hour after pinning will more closely capture peak levels. They fall off rapidly after that.
    so its safe to say levels after 3 hours is good and would probably be better if blood draw was sooner. reason for asking. do i spend the $60 for another test or consider good to go taking everything in to account? (raised IGF levels, consistent sides and noticable changes in the mirror)

urbanbody is offline Member
    Save your $60 your well above optimal levels which is 300-350!

You got any studies to back that up or are you just giving potentially dangerous, ignorant advise, arbitrarily based on what your "workout buddy" does?

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    You got any studies to back that up or are you just giving potentially dangerous, ignorant advise, arbitrarily based on what your "workout buddy" does?
    I think he based it on his buddy but if he has something to back that up I would love to read it. Never heard anyone say that before.

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    45 min to an 1 hr are fine if you are in the morning. For ex. my workout buddy takes gh pwo w/o slin and takes his protein shake with carbs 12 min after he pins and he seems fine without going hypo.
    Seems fine is true but it doesn't mean he is fine.

He won't go hypo drinking carbs after his shot. Hgh causes insulin resistance, so drinking carbs right after a shot will make him hyperglycemic not hypoglycemic. This is very dangerous to do consistantly.

no worries i am pinning at 2 am no carbs until 4 am then again at 6am

Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    Seems fine is true but it doesn't mean he is fine.

He won't go hypo drinking carbs after his shot. Hgh causes insulin resistance, so drinking carbs right after a shot will make him hyperglycemic not hypoglycemic. This is very dangerous to do consistantly.
    Exactly. The real issue is not just a minor case of hyperglycemia as a 1 time deal, but repeating this on a daily basis can eventually lead to diabetes.

Exactly. The real issue is not just a minor case of hyperglycemia as a 1 time deal, but repeating this on a daily basis can eventually lead to diabetes.
    so what would be youre advice to someone who goes hypo after taking hgh on empty stomach? maybe a small balanced mean with complex carbs before shot?

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBearer631 View Post
    so what would be youre advice to someone who goes hypo after taking hgh on empty stomach? maybe a small balanced mean with complex carbs before shot?
    Wait 30min after your shot and have a small meal of complex carbs and protein.

I've never read or heard of any medical reason why anyone would go hypo from legit growth hormone .

"HGH can affect the function of other hormones. HGH can suppress the abilities of insulin to stimulate the uptake of glucose in tissues and enhance glucose synthesis in the liver, though administering HGH actually stimulates insulin secretion and can create a state of hyperinsulinemia. This combination can lead to decreased insulin sensitivity, which in turn can lead to hyperglycemia".

This is the opposite of what you say you're experiencing. Are you taking a Chinese generic?

not sure how we got on this but mt intentions was not to start a card/hgh debate

going hypo is a legit side on some gh brand websites i came across, something about increasing igf1 thus inducing hypoglycemia
    and sorry for hijacking

I've never read or heard of any medical reason why anyone would go hypo from legit growth hormone .

"HGH can affect the function of other hormones. HGH can suppress the abilities of insulin to stimulate the uptake of glucose in tissues and enhance glucose synthesis in the liver, though administering HGH actually stimulates insulin secretion and can create a state of hyperinsulinemia. This combination can lead to decreased insulin sensitivity, which in turn can lead to hyperglycemia".

This is the opposite of what you say you're experiencing. Are you taking a Chinese generic?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt2jay View Post
    Im 40 with a reference interval of 109-284
    1st test after 6 days (1st 3 days @ 2iu and last 3 @ 3iu was 421 abotu 2.5 hours after pinninf and 12 hours fasting.

2nd test 21 days @ 4iu pin at 5 am breakfast at 6:15 (1.5 cup eggs whites, 1 cup oats) blood draw 8am IGF at 468
    other notes had full physical BP 115/65 blood sugars at 91.

sides - numb tingly and cold hands also achey feet and hands. Fatigue has past and bloating down (still feel it a bit in the face). all seems to be consistant with normal sides.
    Sorry bro,my intentions were not to derail your thread but I can't help myself when I see comments that are as ignorant/ridiculous/dangerous as some of those above. If you feel that IGF levels are an indication of the effectiveness of your GH then you have already answered your own question with bold above.

ramacher
    there are ok. mine at 550-600 but im natural though ;-)

This dude is full of shit. If you look at his previous posts you'll see that he is not natural (taking HGH at 22 yr old and an AAS cycle)........
    Last edited by Sgt. Hartman; 03-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.

going hypo is a legit side on some gh brand websites i came across, something about increasing igf1 thus inducing hypoglycemia
    and sorry for hijacking
    I have read this as well but my understanding is that these side effects usually only occur with people that have a pre-existing issue with blood glucose levels.

Blog Entries
    First of all, where did you think I am 22? Second your right you have to wait 45min to 1hr before taking in carbs. However if you take gh pwo with slin, then the 1hr window can be shortened.

Thread Information