dmk327 is offline Associate Member

Anyone ever try Platelet Rich Plasma Injections as an alternative to surgery

So basically I "allegedly" have a left pectoral tendon tear. The doctor that diagnosed me seemed too quick to jump right into surgery and now I am in the process of seeing where it goes naturally and waiting on an appointment for a second opinion. Well I read about the technique of getting your own blood drawn and the plasma is seperated and then injected into the injured area because of the presence of high natural growth factors present in the plasma. I am trying to cover all bases bc a surgery will put me down for sure.

azz10 is offline Associate Member
    i've done PRP injections recently. being a sprinter, i've numerous hamstring tears/strains over the years. did an MRI and found 4cm scarring on both hamstrings. went for PRP injections on both hamstring. after about 3-4weeks, i can resume normal sprinting without soreness on the hamstring. given that the plasma is your own body's natural production, give it a go before trying surgery. i've mates who have done 3 injections consecutively on a torn quads muscles and his back up sprinting after 2months. good luck mate.

sadukar is offline Junior Member
    It depends on the tear. How much of a tear is it? Where is the tear located at? Sometimes it is very beneficial, sometimes it isnt the best way to go about things. It really depends on the type and severity of the injury. But, it is a great treatment to look into.

Full thickness tear of pectoralis major tendon along the lateral lip of the humeral bicipital groove. THATS MRI TALK RIGHT THERE SO I WAS BASICALLY TOLD ITS TORN AND MY PEC IS SUPPOSED TO STRETCH TO MY SHOULDER BUT INSTEAD IS JUST CHILLING THERE IN MY CHEST

Sinned is offline Junior Member
    just had it for the tendinitis in my patellar tendons (both knees).

Honestly, made it worse, but if your only choice is PRP and surgery, go with PRP first in hopes that it works.

had the prp done in conjunction with the surgery yesterday

Thread Information