Thread: HRT, sweet?

FCVtec is offline Associate Member

HRT, sweet?

Here is whats been going on.. I got some BW done just to know what my test levels were and I added a IGF-1 test as well just to know, my test levels were low(expected after more a hand full of cycles) but my IGF levels are little low as well. Since my first test was a blood spot test that I received at home and send back to the lab I went to the clinic to get my BW again just to verify that the information on the first test was accurate and ended up getting referred to a HRT clinic that gave me a script for test and Sermorelin.
    I was doing some research on Sermorelin but came up empty... There is no info about it on here, only a couple of old posts with nothing useful. Anyone has experience with this stuff? How much is it expected to raise one's IGF levels? Does it do whats supposed to do?

I did not know there was a section dedicated to hrt on here... Should it be moved or is it fine to discuss sermorelin here?
    Last edited by FCVtec; 03-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Correct forum for this topic....

It is a growth hormone secretagogue, which means that it stimulates the pituitary gland to produce and secrete HGH. Sermorelin is a small peptide containing only 29 amino acids whereas HGH is a much larger molecule containing 191 amino acids.

one thread I found here...

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...vs.-Sermorelin

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sermorelin is a GHRH but it's half life is too short to make it useful as a supplement. A better choice would be modified Grf1-29 which has a half life of around 30 minutes.

GHRH's are pretty useless unless you use a GHRP(GHRP2,GHRP6 or Ipamorelin) as well.

Been away for a while and forgot to turn notification on this thread. Anyway, they sent me a few vials of Sermorelin/ghrp 6 3mg each. So you mean together with the ghrp 6 it could be usefull to raise IGF levels? I am going to get a blood test again in a month or so and see if my igf levels raised up. If not I will just go for hgh and deal with the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by FCVtec View Post
    Been away for a while and forgot to turn notification on this thread. Anyway, they sent me a few vials of Sermorelin/ghrp 6 3mg each. So you mean together with the ghrp 6 it could be usefull to raise IGF levels? I am going to get a blood test again in a month or so and see if my igf levels raised up. If not I will just go for hgh and deal with the cost.
    The GHRP-6 will help increase yout igf-1 levels but the sermorelin won't do much. The sermorelins half life is too short to have any effect. It's half life is only a couple of minutes which means it will already be degraded by the time it reaches your pituitary.

Try to find modified Gfr 1-29 instead (sometimes refered to as Cjc1295 w/oDAC). It has a half life closer to 30min.

n00bs is offline Member
    Have you checked your gh levels via urinary output?

Reason being hepatic igf-1 production can be lowered or affected despite significant GH stimulation.

For example it is possible ot have low range igf-1 and twice lab range GH.

ghrp6 does not increase igf-1 in everyone...

No I got blood work done at a lab. Baseline IGF1 levels were at 115(pretty low). I am starting to think I should've just opted for the hgh.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    No I got blood work done at a lab. Baseline IGF1 levels were at 115(pretty low). I am starting to think I should've just opted for the hgh.
    that is a tad bit low.....how old are you?

only 28.

n00bs is offline Member
    Before jumping to conclusions, Check igf-1bp3, DHEA, 24hr Urinary GH and also Cytokines (tnf-a) ...

That will give a better picture.

I have had my IFG-1 level go from around 180 to about 520 on 100mcg 3x/day of GHRH/GHRP in five weeks. The peptides do work.

Quote Originally Posted by DCannon View Post
    I have had my IFG-1 level go from around 180 to about 520 on 100mcg 3x/day of GHRH/GHRP in five weeks. The peptides do work.
    At what time of day did you take blood sample?

At what time of day did you take blood sample?
    Early afternoon.

Thread Information