nmber21 is offline New Member

hgh and what else to lose body fat?

I am a diabetic type 1 insulin dependant and take 3 shots a day and metformin. I am 5'8 225 I was around 245 when i first got diabetes and it put 40 pounds on me and i have had 8 surgeries in the last 10 years a quick run down is right elbow lateral release, 2 rotator cuff surgeries, right ankle stablization, carple tunnel..etc...i have been an athlete all my life so here he go....been on hgh for almost 1 month ..i am on green tops from china (i dont know anyone and i know the stuff can be baking soda for all i know) but i took a chance an i do notice a differnce because have tendinitis and bursitis in both elbows and knee ...i am taking 2iu's and i am wondering from what i have read maybe slowly upping it to 3 or 4 ?I was hoping some one can tell me what i might get from upping it to 3 or 4. again i want to lose the weight i just can not seem to get thr fat off since becoming diabetic.I do have mass been lifting off and on since 14 and im 37. i am looking to possible do a first cycle but again wondering what would be a possible...again possible choise for me deca /test? just a tought please share your thoughts

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Considering all the medical complications you have had you may want to talk to a doctor about this stuff and at the same time maybe you should get your test levels checked. You maybe a candidate for trt.

hwy1378 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nmber21 View Post
    I am a diabetic type 1 insulin dependant and take 3 shots a day and metformin. I am 5'8 225 I was around 245 when i first got diabetes and it put 40 pounds on me and i have had 8 surgeries in the last 10 years a quick run down is right elbow lateral release, 2 rotator cuff surgeries, right ankle stablization, carple tunnel..etc...i have been an athlete all my life so here he go....been on hgh for almost 1 month ..i am on green tops from china (i dont know anyone and i know the stuff can be baking soda for all i know) but i took a chance an i do notice a differnce because have tendinitis and bursitis in both elbows and knee ...i am taking 2iu's and i am wondering from what i have read maybe slowly upping it to 3 or 4 ?I was hoping some one can tell me what i might get from upping it to 3 or 4. again i want to lose the weight i just can not seem to get thr fat off since becoming diabetic.I do have mass been lifting off and on since 14 and im 37. i am looking to possible do a first cycle but again wondering what would be a possible...again possible choise for me deca/test? just a tought please share your thoughts
    I would really be careful. HGH has a big impact on your blood sugar levels. thats why they say to take between 3am-5am because you have no sugar in your blood. they also tell you not to eat two hrs before and after for the same reason. it has a big effect on how your insulin is operating. so really do your research and talk to your doctor. type 1 is no joke as you know and HGH is a powerful stuff. High dosages of growth hormone (HGH)Â have been shown to increase insulin resistance, To put it in simple terms, insulin and HGH do not get along so well. When your body realizes that insulin is in the bloodstream, it will not release HGH until the insulin goes away. Here is the problem with doing that close to bedtime. You naturally get a burst of HGH in the first hours of sleep. If you eat carbs close to bedtime, this will increase the insulin in your bloodstream and your HGH release will be limited. You do not want that. Cut the carbs out a few hours before bedtime. I take my HGH between 3am-4am. I keep it in a little frig and when I pee at night I pin..... Read this...

Article by Lisa Wells, RN

Some doctors have been concerned about giving human growth hormone (HGH) injections to diabetics. Previous studies, including Dr. Rudman's study using large doses of HGH injections showed that human growth hormone had caused increased insulin resistance in patients, so diabetics saw an increase in blood glucose levels. Dr. Bengtsson, an endocrinologist in Sweden showed similar results in his 6 week study.

Dr. Bengtsson's study had first shown that growth hormone caused increased insulin resistance, however, after 6 months of HGH therapy his patient's insulin sensitivity returned to where it had been before the therapy.

This 6 month study showed that growth hormone did not increase the patient's blood glucose or make the patient diabetic. Dr. Bengtsson says that it may very well be that the improvement in the patient's body composition (decrease in fat cells) after 6 months of therapy offset any negative effect that growth hormone may have had on insulin.

Can HGH Help Diabetes?
    There are some indications that human growth hormone may actually improve diabetes. A study done at John Hopkins about the effects of HGH on blood glucose supports the idea that when elderly people have low human growth hormone they also have more intraabdominal fat and their insulin acts less well.

In this situation they have a tendency to have high blood sugar. If these elderly people are given growth hormone therapy correctly, rather than excessively, their blood sugar levels should improve rather than worsen.

Thierry Hertoghe, MD, who specializes in hormone replacement therapy in Brussels believes that human growth hormone helps to promote the action of insulin. He believes that because HGH helps to direct the insulin to put glucose into the muscular cells, cardiac cells, and nerve cells, rather than the fat cells of the body HGH may actually help to improve diabetes.

Greg Fahy, Ph.D., of the Naval Medical Research Institute has stated that he may have discovered a method to possibly cure adult-onset diabetes using HGH. He has stated that his own experiments have shown that human growth hormone is very beneficial for diabetes.

Lisa Wells, RN.

good luck

I am trying clen /T4/keto for fat loss. I started at about 11% body fat (caliper test) and after 2 weeks I'm down slightly below 10%. I wish I knew how the clen/t4/keto affects diabetics. Maybe a vet can shed more light.

Quote Originally Posted by hwy1378 View Post
    I would really be careful. HGH has a big impact on your blood sugar levels. thats why they say to take between 3am-5am because you have no sugar in your blood. they also tell you not to eat two hrs before and after for the same reason. it has a big effect on how your insulin is operating. so really do your research and talk to your doctor. type 1 is no joke as you know and HGH is a powerful stuff. High dosages of growth hormone (HGH)Â have been shown to increase insulin resistance, To put it in simple terms, insulin and HGH do not get along so well. When your body realizes that insulin is in the bloodstream, it will not release HGH until the insulin goes away. Here is the problem with doing that close to bedtime. You naturally get a burst of HGH in the first hours of sleep. If you eat carbs close to bedtime, this will increase the insulin in your bloodstream and your HGH release will be limited. You do not want that. Cut the carbs out a few hours before bedtime. I take my HGH between 3am-4am. I keep it in a little frig and when I pee at night I pin..... Read this...

Article by Lisa Wells, RN

Some doctors have been concerned about giving human growth hormone (HGH) injections to diabetics. Previous studies, including Dr. Rudman's study using large doses of HGH injections showed that human growth hormone had caused increased insulin resistance in patients, so diabetics saw an increase in blood glucose levels. Dr. Bengtsson, an endocrinologist in Sweden showed similar results in his 6 week study.

Dr. Bengtsson's study had first shown that growth hormone caused increased insulin resistance, however, after 6 months of HGH therapy his patient's insulin sensitivity returned to where it had been before the therapy.

This 6 month study showed that growth hormone did not increase the patient's blood glucose or make the patient diabetic. Dr. Bengtsson says that it may very well be that the improvement in the patient's body composition (decrease in fat cells) after 6 months of therapy offset any negative effect that growth hormone may have had on insulin.

Can HGH Help Diabetes?
    There are some indications that human growth hormone may actually improve diabetes. A study done at John Hopkins about the effects of HGH on blood glucose supports the idea that when elderly people have low human growth hormone they also have more intraabdominal fat and their insulin acts less well.

In this situation they have a tendency to have high blood sugar. If these elderly people are given growth hormone therapy correctly, rather than excessively, their blood sugar levels should improve rather than worsen.

Thierry Hertoghe, MD, who specializes in hormone replacement therapy in Brussels believes that human growth hormone helps to promote the action of insulin. He believes that because HGH helps to direct the insulin to put glucose into the muscular cells, cardiac cells, and nerve cells, rather than the fat cells of the body HGH may actually help to improve diabetes.

Greg Fahy, Ph.D., of the Naval Medical Research Institute has stated that he may have discovered a method to possibly cure adult-onset diabetes using HGH. He has stated that his own experiments have shown that human growth hormone is very beneficial for diabetes.

Lisa Wells, RN.

good luck
    thanks so much for that info. I am taking my shot first thing in the morning around 7am. so does upping it to 3 to 4 gonna have improved result? iam at 2iu's....again thanks for the info!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by nmber21 View Post
    I am a diabetic type 1 insulin dependant and take 3 shots a day and metformin. I am 5'8 225 I was around 245 when i first got diabetes and it put 40 pounds on me and i have had 8 surgeries in the last 10 years a quick run down is right elbow lateral release, 2 rotator cuff surgeries, right ankle stablization, carple tunnel..etc...i have been an athlete all my life so here he go....been on hgh for almost 1 month ..i am on green tops from china (i dont know anyone and i know the stuff can be baking soda for all i know) but i took a chance an i do notice a differnce because have tendinitis and bursitis in both elbows and knee ...i am taking 2iu's and i am wondering from what i have read maybe slowly upping it to 3 or 4 ?I was hoping some one can tell me what i might get from upping it to 3 or 4. again i want to lose the weight i just can not seem to get thr fat off since becoming diabetic.I do have mass been lifting off and on since 14 and im 37. i am looking to possible do a first cycle but again wondering what would be a possible...again possible choise for me deca/test? just a tought please share your thoughts
    IMO I would go slow on the hgh since you are diabetic. This would allow you to really monitor your glucose levels.

Glad to hear your joints feels better. This is a good side~

As far as doing a cycle? I would stay away from that for now. You really need to get your BF down to under 15% to do this otherwise you could have a very disappointing result and end up looking fatter. Most guys who are successful in a cycle actually wait until they are around 10% BF to be quite honest with you. The extra test can create way too much estrogen which you do not want to do.

Your best bet? Come to the Diet Question Forum and get your diet in real check. The guys there will help you get cycle ready. I promise. Hey! If I had to end up there then so does everybody else!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    IMO I would go slow on the hgh since you are diabetic. This would allow you to really monitor your glucose levels.

Glad to hear your joints feels better. This is a good side~

As far as doing a cycle? I would stay away from that for now. You really need to get your BF down to under 15% to do this otherwise you could have a very disappointing result and end up looking fatter. Most guys who are successful in a cycle actually wait until they are around 10% BF to be quite honest with you. The extra test can create way too much estrogen which you do not want to do.

Your best bet? Come to the Diet Question Forum and get your diet in real check. The guys there will help you get cycle ready. I promise. Hey! If I had to end up there then so does everybody else!
    thanks a ton! so i will go over to the diet forum and start asking away! i appreciate all the input from everyone

i just thought that i would add that i have had a doctor call me everyday several years back and still not everyday because it is under controll but as the Doctor sees it mydiet is great but ..i dont like it cuz the doctor doesnt like when i try to cut carbs. he just says its the side effect..a 40 pound side effect...lol

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I am trying clen/T4/keto for fat loss. I started at about 11% body fat (caliper test) and after 2 weeks I'm down slightly below 10%. I wish I knew how the clen/t4/keto affects diabetics. Maybe a vet can shed more light.
    I'm assuming you are on HGH and this is the reason you chose T4 over T3. Also you note the lose of BF, have you lost weight as well or stayed the same weight?

Thread Information