Thread: 1st time at 40

fit@40 is offline New Member

1st time at 40

Hi everyone. Let me start by saying I have been poking around this board for a couple months (as well as some others) and have gotten a ton of great information from you all here. For that, I am thankful. I decided to create a log in today so I can finally post and get some feedback.

I am creeping in on 40 within the next 6 months and I told myself a couple years ago I wanted to be in the best shape of my life at 40. I'm coming to the realization that this statement is a little harder said than done. lol.
    Back in my high school and college days, I was an athlete and in the gyms pretty regularly. After I got married and had a family, the gym took a back seat and so did my overall health and appearance.
    A couple years ago I got back into the gym and my main goal was simply to get fit again. I'm wasn't looking to get huge. My workouts consisted of 45 minutes of all out cardio with about 20 minutes of weights. After about a year and a half, I felt stronger, and was in better shape but I just couldn't get rid of the extra fat around my belly, which was a direct result of my diet.

About 2 months ago I picked up p90x. For the last 2 months, I've been following a very strict diet and have been going through the p90x workout pretty religiously. I'll miss a day every now and then but for the most part, I'm balls out on the workouts 4-5 times a week (although the program wants me to go 6 days a week). Although I have had some positive results in the last 6 weeks I am looking for that little extra push to get me to where I want to go. After all, I am almost 40 and my body just isn't as responsive as it used to be.

That brings me to this post. Let me outline my stats and goals and then get to my point.

39 years old
    5'11" - 205lbs
    Average build
    I do a high rep workout with alternating days of weights and ballistic stretch (p90x)

I am not looking to get huge. My main goal is to get lean and put on a little muscle. Basically I want to look good naked if that makes any sense. At this point I am pretty confident that this p90x can get me there after 2 or 3 go arounds but like I said, I'd like to get there sooner.
    I have a friend that is a competition power lifter and has access to yellow top generic hgh.
    I'm getting ready to make a purchase of my first 100iu kit.

What I'm hoping for is to get on a 2-5 month cycle to simply help lift me to my level. At my age, I could use all the help I can get to reach my fitness goals. At that point, I will just maintain without it. Has anyone had any success with this?
    Any input is appreciated.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Congrats at getting back into this at such an advanced age. Kidding...I am 42. I think it is possible to be in great shape at our age, and I know several people that had excellent results with p90x.

I have never used HGH, although I am looking into it. Everything I read suggests that it needs to be used for a minimum of six months to be worth it. Others will chime in.

Thread Information