Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

First time on insulin, thought I was gonna die! What happened?

Ok, i'm 28 y/o. 6'1, 245lbs, 9%BF

So after much reading and debate I decided to add insulin to the last 4 weeks of my current cycle (Test P @75mg/ed, masteron @60mg/ed, trenA@ 100mg/ed..8weeks total). Last night right after chest workout I injected 3 i.u's of Humulin R. 20 minutes later I had a shake containing, 40 grams dextrose, 10 grams creatine, 10 grams glutamine and 50 grams whey. I felt fine. An hour later I had a meal of 6oz sweet potato, 8 oz grilled chicken breast. about 10-15 minutes after this meal my skin got EXTREMELY red and itchy, a little tingling in both my arms. My eyes turned blood shot! I thought I might be going hypo so I consumed 30grams of dextrose. I started feeling better about 20 mins later but the redness and my eyes didn't go back to normal for another hour or so! Another two hours later I had 7 eggwhites 5oz low sodium turkey breast with 1/2 cup of steel cut oats (little honey). I waited a full 7 hours after injection before I went to sleep (feeling normal). I woke up an hour after I fell asleep FREEZING cold and dripping HEAD TO TOE in sweat! I felt really clamy and I couldn't stop sweating. I was extremely hungry and craving carbs. I ate two small dark chocolate morsels, a bowl of cereal, two nutri-grain bars, and 5 hard boiled eggs and started to feel better! This freaked me out, i'm not sure if i'm gonna continue on with it. Can somebody please tell me what might of happened? Did I do something wrong?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    BE CAREFUL! and wait for an expert to chime in~ meantime stay away from it please~ We want you here!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

customworksking is offline Associate Member
    Do not play with your blood sugar IDC what anyone says the end result is death ..I hope it scared u str8 do u have a BG meter if so did u even check ur BG ?

Thanks Slim- I agree

The girl at the pharmacy is picking one up for me today. I was going to attempt to run it without one bc I feel like I know my body but after last night I will not continue without it. I wasn't planning on going crazy with it or splitting doses. I was thinking I was going to bring it up gradually to 7 i.u's and stop there (at least for this cycle) but I never though 3 i.u's would hit me like that! I'm gonna wait till I get the strips and hopefully some more advice from some experienced members before I continue. I was really hoping to solidify some lean mass retention at the end of this cycle.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I honestly don't know..... Humulin-R gave me more hypo symptoms than Novalog did. I went up to 6iu's with humulin-R and started going hypo around the 2-2 1/2hr mark..... but after consuming some carbs/sugar I was gtg for the night. I've since switched to Novalog pre-workout and i've yet to have any hypo symptoms.

I've been having chicken and brown rice a couple hours before my workout..... then I shoot 6-8ius of novalog and wait 20 minutes to workout. I bring Orange juice with me and sip it durring my workout. Half-way through my workout I consume 60g's of protein with 10g glutamine. So far so good..... and the pump is insane.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I honestly don't know..... Humulin-R gave me more hypo symptoms than Novalog did. I went up to 6iu's with humulin-R and started going hypo around the 2-2 1/2hr mark..... but after consuming some carbs/sugar I was gtg for the night. I've since switched to Novalog pre-workout and i've yet to have any hypo symptoms.

I've been having chicken and brown rice a couple hours before my workout..... then I shoot 6-8ius of novalog and wait 20 minutes to workout. I bring Orange juice with me and sip it durring my workout. Half-way through my workout I consume 60g's of protein with 10g glutamine. So far so good..... and the pump is insane.

~Haz~
    Yea, I am going to see if I can get my hands on some nova or humalog as well before I continue. I chose Humulin due to its availability but not worth the risk. I've always known and have personally seen the results people can achieve with just insulin .. I want to be one of the lucky ones too! lol. Do you think I could of sent my blood sugar levels too high? With 80 grams of dextrose?? ( know this is well above the 10grams of carbs per i.u usually recommended, considering that I only did 3.u's of insulin) Causing my levels to completely bottom out later on and making me go hypo?
    Last edited by Bigpup101; 05-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101 View Post
    Yea, I am going to see if I can get my hands on some nova or humalog as well before I continue. I chose Humulin due to its availability but not worth the risk. I've always known and have personally seen the results people can achieve with just insulin.. I want to be one of the lucky ones too! lol. Do you think I could of sent my blood sugar levels too high? With 80 grams of dextrose?? ( know this is well above the 10grams of carbs per i.u, considering I only did 3 i,u's) That it completely crashed afterwards causing me to go hypo?
    I've done the same thing..... overconsumed carbs..... but I didn't have a reaction like you. Try pming Gear..... Hopefully he can be a little more help to you. Definately stay away from the slin for the time being.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Yea, I am for sure. Thanks for the help bro

I wanna bump this because I was able to get humalog and a BG monitor should be here within a week, I'm planning on starting at 2 i.u's instead of 3 and hope for the best?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    2 things and please dont take offense i ask them only out of concern.
    1- Are you sure tyou measured correctly in the syringe
    2- why not use humalog...much safer , faster acting , shorter duration ....

humilin r peaks anywhere from 2-5 hrs post injection and can last 8 hrs
    humalog peaks within 30-90 mins and lasts 3 hours.
    Novallog peaks in 1-3 hrs and lasts up to 5 hrs.
    You cant get an accurate picture based on classification : ie rapid , fast acting long acting etc. You need to look at onset time , peak time and duration , and total duration.

So all that being said humalog is IMO the best (and safest) choice followed by novalog.
    Humilin r imo isnt really ideal for our purposes.I prefer humalog.
    JMO....

nmber21 is offline New Member
    we all have opinions and we know how that goes so saying that I think your crazy for the insulin ....im a type1 insulin dependant and messing with that stuff is pure insanity. I would never wish it on anyone in the world. 3 shots a day...i use to fall on my face constantly before i knew what was going on and had no idea i was diabetic..please be carefull and we all want to be our best but at what cost? just food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    2 things and please dont take offense i ask them only out of concern.
    1- Are you sure tyou measured correctly in the syringe
    2- why not use humalog...much safer , faster acting , shorter duration ....

humilin r peaks anywhere from 2-5 hrs post injection and can last 8 hrs
    humalog peaks within 30-90 mins and lasts 3 hours.
    Novallog peaks in 1-3 hrs and lasts up to 5 hrs.
    You cant get an accurate picture based on classification : ie rapid , fast acting long acting etc. You need to look at onset time , peak time and duration , and total duration.

So all that being said humalog is IMO the best (and safest) choice followed by novalog.
    Humilin r imo isnt really ideal for our purposes.I prefer humalog.
    JMO....
    No I would never take offense, I do know all the start times, highest activity and the duration of the different insulins. I researched for probably close to 4 months now before I decided to give it a run. I couldn't get my hands on the humalog before so I went with the humulin R. As far as the measuring goes thats not an issue, I have ran GH several times in the past and not for nothing I think if you can't read a syringe correctly you def have no business touching anything! lol

Nmbr21- Thanks for the concern and your situation is an unfortuante one but i'm always looking to push myself harder and to the next limit. I think with proper research,moderation and correct supplements this can all be done in a very healthy way. I get a full checkup and bloodwork on the regular and i've always been able to keep myself in the "healthy" ranges.

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101 View Post
    Ok, i'm 28 y/o. 6'1, 245lbs, 9%BF

So after much reading and debate I decided to add insulin to the last 4 weeks of my current cycle (Test P @75mg/ed, masteron @60mg/ed, trenA@ 100mg/ed..8weeks total). Last night right after chest workout I injected 3 i.u's of Humulin R. 20 minutes later I had a shake containing, 40 grams dextrose, 10 grams creatine, 10 grams glutamine and 50 grams whey. I felt fine. An hour later I had a meal of 6oz sweet potato, 8 oz grilled chicken breast. about 10-15 minutes after this meal my skin got EXTREMELY red and itchy, a little tingling in both my arms. My eyes turned blood shot! I thought I might be going hypo so I consumed 30grams of dextrose. I started feeling better about 20 mins later but the redness and my eyes didn't go back to normal for another hour or so! Another two hours later I had 7 eggwhites 5oz low sodium turkey breast with 1/2 cup of steel cut oats (little honey). I waited a full 7 hours after injection before I went to sleep (feeling normal). I woke up an hour after I fell asleep FREEZING cold and dripping HEAD TO TOE in sweat! I felt really clamy and I couldn't stop sweating. I was extremely hungry and craving carbs. I ate two small dark chocolate morsels, a bowl of cereal, two nutri-grain bars, and 5 hard boiled eggs and started to feel better! This freaked me out, i'm not sure if i'm gonna continue on with it. Can somebody please tell me what might of happened? Did I do something wrong?

i have never done insulin nor will i but i got galvneized posion quite a few times threw inhaling and that is the same exact symptons that i had the waking up hot and cold is the posion leaving your body

Thread Information