Psoriasis and HGH

Does anyone have any info on how HGH affects psoriasis. I've read conflicting studies on this. I'm considering trying it as a treatment for psoriasis but the last thing I want is to accidentally make it worse.

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2306870

Increased levels of human growth hormone (HGH) may correlate with the severity of psoriasis and native somatostatin (SRIF) may improve it by inhibiting HGH release. The synthetic SRIF analog, SMS 201-995, is a potent and long-lasting HGH inhibitor. Nine patients with chronic plaque psoriasis completed 12 weeks of open treatment with SMS 201-995. Overall improvement was minimal to marked in six patients and unchanged in three; none worsened. Means of 24-hour pooled HGH (1.7 +/- 0.7 micrograms/L) and fasting plasma somatomedin-C (SM-C) (0.45 +/- 0.22 U/mL) were normal at baseline and were not significantly altered by treatment. A high frequency of gastrointestinal side effects occurred, but no patient discontinued treatment because of them. SMS 201-995 may be a useful therapy for psoriasis, but its mechanism of action is unknown. Double-blind placebo-controlled trials are currently in progress to confirm the efficacy of SMS 201-995 in psoriasis.

Thread Information