sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member

Best time for t4

i am thinking of adding T4 to my HGH just not sure best time for me to take.

i get up at 345am take 3iu
    4am pre work out drink and off to gym

i have read most take same time as gh, but i have read prework out drink could effect T4.

i have also read take before bed.

Any Suggestions?

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    take your t4 before you go to bed.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    take your t4 before you go to bed.
    I wouldn't recommend this as T4 does give me energy and I think I would have a hard time falling to sleep after. I dose mine 1st thing in the morn w/ my GH (well technically I'm taking peptides and not synthetic GH). The problem you might face is T4 should be taken at least an hour before caffeine intake, which most if not all preworkout drinks have.

is there anty benefit to either or is it just sleep issue or is one time better than the other.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    I have never had a sleep issue taking t4 for a year before bed, in fact look bad and find it GEAR talks about how it is way more beneficial for your body to take it before you go to bed. And in fact t4 makes me if anything sleepy, and lots of bros i know experience the same thing.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I have always heard at bedtime for many reasons since your hormones repair at night and here are some reasons:
    Published by the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology

BEDTIME DOSING of T4:

• Even when waiting at least 30 minutes to eat, breakfast may be interfering with the intestinal absorption of levothyroxine thyroxine.
    • “Bowel motility is slower at night,” which means that it takes longer for the levothyroxine tablet to transit through the intestinal system, resulting in longer exposure to the intestinal wall, and therefore, better uptake of the medication.
    • The conversion process of T4 to T3 may be more effective in the evening.

----

• First, it’s easier, as you don’t have to worry about when to eat breakfast.
    • Second, it’s easier to avoid medications, supplements and foods, like calcium, iron, and high-fiber foods that can interfere with thyroid medication absorption.
    • Third, coffee drinkers would not have to wait until an hour after their medication to enjoy their first cup. • Fourth, it might offer some improvement in symptoms to people who are just not getting optimal absorption by taking thyroid medication during the day.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thanks Slim, good info.

thanks slim.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    I have never had a sleep issue taking t4 for a year before bed, in fact look bad and find it GEAR talks about how it is way more beneficial for your body to take it before you go to bed. And in fact t4 makes me if anything sleepy, and lots of bros i know experience the same thing.
    man it gives me energy and increases my body temp right off that bat...things that I don't want before bed. Reading what Slim wrote though...I wish I could take it before bed. Another prob I might face w/ the t4 before bed is I usually slam down a casein shake right before...surely this would effect absorption of the t4.

Sc0rch is offline Associate Member
    Same for me. I don't like to go to bed on a completely empty stomach.

And yes, so much energy I had to stop taking it.

Doctors recommend taking it in the morning from what I've read.

My comments:
    • Even when waiting at least 30 minutes to eat, breakfast may be interfering with the intestinal absorption of levothyroxine thyroxine.

I wait a minimum of an hour, sometimes close to 2 hrs in the morning as I've just injected my HGH. This is not an issue for me.

• “Bowel motility is slower at night,” which means that it takes longer for the levothyroxine tablet to transit through the intestinal system, resulting in longer exposure to the intestinal wall, and therefore, better uptake of the medication.

It's going to take 48hrs for anything to go through your intestines, so I don't see how this is relevant.

• The conversion process of T4 to T3 may be more effective in the evening.

May be? Why?

for me night is more convinient. if someone comes up with why one is better than the other or something to contradict what slimmer posted let me know.

thanks

Thread Information