eckstg is offline Associate Member

hard to get legal script for hgh?

Noticed my insurance covers hgh and all i got to pay is my copayment if prescribed.Im looking for some info of how hard or easy it may be to legally be prescribed hgh? I know it seems fairly easy to shutdown testosterone levels to get prescribed test but is it the same with hgh?

I am thinking it probaly is much harder to get hgh since its so much more costly but i wanted to be sure. I am only 31 and i have yet to read any info on people doing things prior to bloodwork to reduce growth hormone levels to get gh legally prescribed. Is it possible and just how difficult?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Would be shocked if you actually got your insurance to cover it. Let us know if you do...

What are your goals?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

well it shows they do in their prescription guide booklet where it tells which tier certain drugs would be placed under so you know which copayment to expect. It just shows it in there as a tier 2 type. Not sure how hard it is to legally get the script and how much they will cover you to have monthly. Have read where people dupe the bloodtest to get test but not hgh. Goals are just to get stronger and bigger. I would just fill the script if only prescribed say a iu a day untill i got enough to run 3iu or more for a few months per day. I am guessing getting it will be too hard though.

First of all duping the system is not a great idea but lets say you do then even still I bet your chances are still low for getting insurance. Plus if you do run the gh you would need at least 6 months worth to make any real strides....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You can find a flexible clinic to sell it to you, but you shouldn't be able to get the dosage a bodybuilder would take. Like SlimmerMe said, you need it long term, so it will be difficult to "save it up" for a high dose, six-month run.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    Its very easy to get a legal script, its very hard to get insurance to pay for it unless you have aids. That is really the only way. I found a clinic that will give me nordi as I want, but I have to pay $$$ each pen per 10ml.
    Last edited by Hondarocks; 10-10-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Yea that makes sense about the aids. Don't think i want to go through that much trouble lol.But i would still like to maybe get a script and buy the pens or whatever in the future. How should i go about finding a clinic that would likely sell it to me? Should i do anything prior to their test to help the results get me approved for the hgh? Gonna look up the pens online but how many iu's is in that 10ml?
    Last edited by eckstg; 10-10-2011 at 07:35 PM.

First of all please edit your post. NO price talk allowed. THANKS

And you could find an anti-aging doc more than likely....they are a dime a dozen
    Author Unknown

littlebill is offline Associate Member
    As stated getting the script is the easy part as it is very subjective and Endo's at AA clinics are liberal- they want to sell product. Getting insurance to pay is the issue. You have to jump through hoops- even if you have a legitimate need. If you are a ca$h customer there is always room for negotiation. They want to move product as the shelf life is not very long and the clinics stock it.

GH is the cure, pills are a long term bandade, why you think the big pharma is so rich?

The aids community and BB community are very closely connected, at least out here in Cali. The aids guys get rich off the BB community cause they sell most of there GH such as Serostim, the most coveted GH in the world, to the pro's out here in California, Aids patients get it for free and they make huge cash off the sale of it. Very easy to understand especially when you see it happening. I have been in LA and San Diego and Vegas all my life and I see it everyday.

Obtaining Pharma grade HGH is not a problem if you know the right people- such as your example Honda. The AA clinics rape your ass on HGH and Test so if you have another route go for it. IMO the dose you are on is very very low. So get more HGH to augment what you have and then think about T3 or T4. Way to premature at this point bro.

^^^ agree a bit premature especially without the BW. Not worth it IMO since the thyroid gland is not something you dilly dally around with....I am hypothyroid hence my t3/t4 but I tried different protocols separate of my gh...not because of the gh....BIG difference
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by littlebill View Post
    Obtaining Pharma grade HGH is not a problem if you know the right people- such as your example Honda. The AA clinics rape your ass on HGH and Test so if you have another route go for it. IMO the dose you are on is very very low. So get more HGH to augment what you have and then think about T3 or T4. Way to premature at this point bro.
    What is to premature? Little bill can you post your email on my profile, we need to talk.

t3/t4
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    t3/t4
    ok not going to take it, thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe
    t3/t4
    Yes that. Honda the pm feature does not work for me yet bro. When it does I will be glad to chat. Honda IMHO hold off on the thyroid for now bro. No rush.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebill View Post
    Yes that. Honda the pm feature does not work for me yet bro. When it does I will be glad to chat. Honda IMHO hold off on the thyroid for now bro. No rush.
    Dude I emailed you, can you see if you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks

Dude I emailed you, can you see if you got it.
    I got it.

please email me back

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks
    please email me back
    Done

Checked into prices for hgh at legit pharms and i am way over my head here. No way in hell i could afford it even with a script. I got to stick with the basic aas cycles.Only people i see it being worth the cost is collegiate and professional athletes,actors, wrestlers that get paid the big bucks to cover the cost.Well the collegiate athletes dont but in that situation i see spending that much money to possibly go pro etc.It just got my hopes up when i saw it in the prescription booklet so i figured i look into it.Still just way to far out of my grasp.
    Thanks for the help everyone!

Sheen is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks View Post
    Its very easy to get a legal script, its very hard to get insurance to pay for it unless you have aids. That is really the only way. I found a clinic that will give me nordi as I want, but I have to pay $$$ each pen per 10ml.
    Hi,

Sorry to post something a bit off topic here but I am really baffled by the first line of what you said. I have been rejected systematically for prescription of HGH despite my legitimate growth concerns. I am a noob as far as working the system, you can probably tell, so I thought that the wishes of the two pediatric endos I saw (I am not 18 yet) would go and that I wouldn't get a hold of HGH even though I am adamant as to wanting to try it and I am willing to pay whatever the price. In the two serious visits I've had, I've been bluntly rejected and they've gone so far as to state I will be at risk of acromegaly, which I believe is ridiculous as I have open growth plates and no medical problems i.e. tumors or excess GH. If it's not too much trouble, could you please educate me as to how one can easily get a legal prescription or find a clinic that will dispense HGH without a prescription? Thanks.

(P.S. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong by asking this question, please warn me if I am.)

DesPr8 is offline Associate Member
    -You can get HGH even with Medicaid. Its just not easy.

Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency

1. The patient must be evaluated by an endocrinologist.
    2. The patient must have a documented diagnosis of somatropin (growth hormone) deficiency syndrome that is one of the following:
    1. Adult onset: growth hormone deficiency alone or multiple hormone deficiencies (hypopituitarism) resulting from pituitary disease, hypothalamic disease, surgery, radiation therapy, or trauma.
    2. Childhood onset
    3. The patient must have a negative response to one standard growth hormone stimulation test (maximum peak of = 5 ng/ml) measured by radioimmunoassay (polyclonal antibody) or < 2.5 ng/ml measured by immunoradiometric assay (monoclonal antibody). Stimulation tests include insulin tolerance, arginine, growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH), the combination of arginine and GHRH, the combination of GHRH and growth hormone releasing peptide, and glucagon. The diagnostic test of choice is insulin tolerance; however, it is contraindicated in patients with ischemic heart disease or seizure disorders.

OR both of the following:
    1. The patient has 2 or more of the following pituitary hormone deficiencies: thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) deficiency, adrenocorticotropin hormone (ACTH) deficiency, Gonadotropin deficiency (leutinizing hormone [LH] and/or follicle stimulating hormone [FSH] deficiency are counted as one deficiency), and arginine vasopressin (AVP) deficiency (central diabetes insipidus).
    AND
    2. Serum IGF-I < 84ug/liter (11nmol/liter) using the Esoterix Endocrinology competitive binding RIA. Other causes of low serum IGF-I must be excluded (e.g. malnutrition, prolonged fasting, poorly controlled diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism, hepatic insufficiency, oral estrogen therapy) before using IGF-I as a marker of growth hormone deficiency. Serum IGF-I alone is not specific enough for diagnosis.

Patients who have undergone brain radiation
    Somatropin or somatrem is recommended for patients who have undergone brain radiation if they meet the criteria for children 1c and 1d or the criteria for adults 2a and 2b. Children who have undergone brain radiation and have demonstrated growth hormone deficiency often begin treatment with somatropin or somatrem when the rate of growth slows significantly.

Turner’s syndrome
    Somatropin is recommended for girls with short stature associated with Turner’s syndrome, demonstrated by chromosome analysis. Evaluation of growth hormone secretion is not necessary.

AIDS Wasting Syndrome

1. The patient must be HIV-positive and have AIDS-wasting syndrome.
    2. The patient must have one of the following: documented, unintentional weight loss of =10% from baseline; weight <90% of the lower limit of ideal body weight; or body mass index (BMI) =20 Kg/m2.
    3. The patient must be able to consume or be fed through parenteral or enteral feedings =75% of energy requirements based on current body weight.
    4. The patient must have been on antiretroviral therapy for =30 days prior to beginning growth hormone therapy and will continue antiretroviral therapy throughout the course of growth hormone therapy.
    5. Therapy with growth hormone should be limited to 12 weeks in these patients. (Controlled studies are not available using growth hormone for > 12 weeks in AIDS wasting).

Repeat courses: Repeat 12-week courses of growth hormone may be authorized in patients who have received a previous 12-week course of growth hormone for AIDS wasting provided that they have been off growth hormone for at least 1 month and meet all above criteria.

HIV-associated failure to thrive
    Children aged <17 years with HIV-associated failure to thrive must meet the following criteria:

1. The patient must be able to consume or be fed through parenteral or enteral feedings =75% of maintenance energy requirements based on current body weight.
    2. The patient must have been on antiretroviral therapy for =30 days prior to beginning somatropin therapy and will continue antiretroviral therapy throughout the course of somatropin treatment.
    3. The patient should be reevaluated after 12 weeks to assess the risks versus benefits of somatropin therapy. Children with HIV-associated failure to thrive may require several months of growth hormone therapy. Information is very limited.

Short-Stature Homeobox-containing Gene Deficiency (SHOX-D)
    Somatropin is recommended for children with short stature associated with Short-Stature Homeobox-containing Gene Deficiency, demonstrated by chromosome analysis. Evaluation of growth hormone secretion is not necessary.

Exclusions

1. Coverage of Serostim® is not recommended in the following circumstances: HIV-infected patients with alterations in body fat distribution (e.g., increased abdominal girth, buffalo hump). Controlled studies are not available.
    2. Coverage of Nutropin Depot™ is not recommended in adults, patients with Turner’s syndrome, growth failure due to chronic renal insufficiency, Prader-Willi syndrome, children born SGA, AIDS wasting, or in any circumstances listed in Exclusions I or III
    3. Coverage of growth hormone is not recommended in the following circumstances unless above criteria have been met:
    1. Constitutional delayed growth and development.
    2. Idiopathic Short Stature
    3. Familial short stature (normal short stature, non-growth-hormone-deficient short stature). These children usually have a normal growth velocity, and a bone-age x-ray indicates their predicted height is appropriate for their mid-parenteral heights.
    4. Down's or Noonan's syndromes. Short-term acceleration of growth with growth hormone therapy has occurred in children with these syndromes; however, no prospective studies have assessed linear growth until achievement of final adult height. Use of growth hormone in Noonan's syndrome is considered experimental and should be considered on a case-by-case basis.
    5. Corticosteroid-induced short stature, including a variety of chronic glucocorticoid-dependent conditions, such as asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, as well as after renal, heart, liver, or bone marrow transplantation.
    6. Kidney transplant patients with a functional renal allograft. If chronic renal insufficiency develops after transplantation, the patient will meet the criteria for chronic renal insufficiency.
    7. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Limited information is available.
    8. Liver transplantation.
    9. Bone marrow transplantation without total body irradiation (cranial radiation).
    10. Bony dysplasias (achondroplasia, hypochondroplasia). Short-term treatment with growth hormone increases growth velocity in some patients, but there are no prospective studies assessing linear growth until achievement of final adult height. Use of growth hormone in bony dysplasias should be considered on a case-by-case basis.
    11. Growth hormone neurosecretory dysfunction.
    12. Hypophosphatemic rickets.
    13. Myelomeningocele.
    14. Dilated cardiomyopathy and heart failure.
    15. Adult short stature.
    16. Athletic ability (enhancement).
    17. Aging - Clinical evidence does not support the use of growth hormone as an anti-aging therapy.
    18. Infertility.
    19. Metabolic conditions, as an adjunct to nutritional therapy in critically ill catabolic patients receiving specialized nutritional support to promote protein anabolism.
    20. Adult obesity.
    21. Osteoporosis, postmenopausal or idiopathic in men.
    22. Short-bowel syndrome (for use with glutamine).
    23. Elderly patients with end-stage renal disease undergoing hemodialysis. More and larger studies are required to assess the effects of growth hormone on quality of life, morbidity, and mortality.
    24. HIV-infected patients with alterations in body fat distribution (eg, increased abdominal girth, buffalo hump). Controlled studies are needed.
    25. Crohn’s disease. Limited information is available.
    26. Chronic fatigue syndrome. Evidence from clinical trials is insufficient to conclude whether growth hormone therapy is effective.
    27. Fibromyalgia. Long-term, controlled studies are not available.
    28. Cystic fibrosis. Short-term treatment with growth hormone increases height, weight, lean mass, bone mineral content, and decreases hospitalization in some patients, with effect sustained up to 1 year post-treatment. However there are no prospective studies assessing linear growth until achievement of final adult height. Use of growth hormone in cystic fibrosis should be considered on a case-by-case basis.
    29. Cerebral palsy. Evidence from clinical trials is insufficient to conclude whether growth hormone therapy is effective. Need larger studies assessing long-term outcomes.

DesPr8 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Hi,

Sorry to post something a bit off topic here but I am really baffled by the first line of what you said. I have been rejected systematically for prescription of HGH despite my legitimate growth concerns. I am a noob as far as working the system, you can probably tell, so I thought that the wishes of the two pediatric endos I saw (I am not 18 yet) would go and that I wouldn't get a hold of HGH even though I am adamant as to wanting to try it and I am willing to pay whatever the price. In the two serious visits I've had, I've been bluntly rejected and they've gone so far as to state I will be at risk of acromegaly, which I believe is ridiculous as I have open growth plates and no medical problems i.e. tumors or excess GH. If it's not too much trouble, could you please educate me as to how one can easily get a legal prescription or find a clinic that will dispense HGH without a prescription? Thanks.

(P.S. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong by asking this question, please warn me if I am.)
    Approval of Growth Hormone will be granted if the patient meets the following criteria:

Children Diagnosed With Acquired Growth Hormone Deficiency

1. The patient must be evaluated by a pediatric endocrinologist.
    2. Height: The patient’s baseline height must be < the third percentile (i.e. > 2 standard deviations [SD] below the mean for gender and age, a measure of the degree of short stature).
    3. Growth Velocity: must be below the 25th percentile for age and gender, unless diagnosed with an abnormality in pubertal development
    4. Provocative growth hormone testing: The patient must have a documented growth hormone deficiency as defined by a diminished serum growth hormone response to stimulation testing of <10ng/ml. The results of at least two of the following stimulation tests are required for a diagnosis of growth hormone deficiency: levodopa, insulin -induced hypoglycemia, arginine, clonidine, and glucagon.

1. *For children who meet criteria a, b, and c, coverage of growth hormone on a 12-month trial basis is recommended for those who meet the following criteria: Two provocative growth hormone tests must still be documented to show stimulated serum concentrations >10ng/ml.
    2. A pediatric endocrinologist must certify that the child’s ability to participate in basic activities of daily living is limited by their short stature (i.e. the degree of growth retardation is considered medically significant by the physician) and the child has a condition for which growth hormone is effective (or will possibly be effective during a trial of therapy).
    3. A pediatric endocrinologist must certify that based on bone-age x-ray, the predicted height is < the third percentile. Children with familial (genetic) short stature or constitutional delayed growth and development are excluded from review in this section (see exclusions).
    4. A 12-month trial of growth hormone is to establish that the child’s condition responds to growth hormone therapy. Authorization for continued therapy should be based on an adequate clinical response defined as either 1) growth rate that doubles in the first year of therapy, or 2) growth increases by = 3 cm/year (i.e. in addition to their baseline growth).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Hi,

Sheen I hope you continue to read here but since you are not 18 you are not supposed to be here. I hope you are eating right and training but more importantly getting a lot of good sleep since your heaviest gh pulse in a 24 hr period is about 2 hours after falling asleep.

Keep your head up and stay positive. Confidence is the most important thing. 'tis true.
    Author Unknown

Thread Information