dynamo_123 is offline New Member

Appropriate age for HGH?

Some say that you shouldn't take it when you're young because your natural HGH levels are already high and you taking it will give you hormonal problems with older age.

Others say that it's better to take it when you're young because your growth plates haven't shut down yet so you will see bigger changes in bone growth and so forth that would not have happened at an older age.

Which one is correct? I'm 19 years old so this concerns me.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    NEVER DO IT BEFORE 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you are prescribed by a doctor for stunted growth at a young age and have had everything cleared by a doctor for this reason!!!!!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Good question. I'll give you my opinion, and others will chime in i'm sure.

At a MINIMUM I would say after all the skeletal bone plates have fused together, and all growing has stopped. In men, this is somewhere between 22 and 24 years.

Taking HGH may stop normal release from the pituatary for a couple of hours, not sure, so you would have to take a high enough dose to offset the GH release that ordinarily would have occured, else you may put yourself in a deficit.

Now, to answer the real sticky question you posed. What would happen if you, at 19 were to begin taking HGH prior to your skeletal bones finished growing? There have been cases in children taking HGH with something called (not sure if it's really called this) "Stunted Growth Syndrome" (sounds good anyways), that after receiving treatment, have gone into an accelerated growth cycle (that was not predicted) even after the GH was no longer being administered. And sometimes the growth spurt is NOT proportional to the rest of the body (ever see Andre the Giant?). His head/hands were huge relative to the rest of his body.

The hard answer is that there isn't really scientific data to give you an answer. It is all anecdotal, which gives us uncertainty.

If you decide to take now, you may not grow anymore, or you may grow some more evenly and in proportion to the rest of your body, or you may grow disproportionately with some parts being larger than others. I believe the latter to be rare, but the risk still exists.

So, the answer is.... we don't really know.

Best advice is for you to wait until you are 100% certain you are done growing. Then wait one more year.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks View Post
    NEVER DO IT BEFORE 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you are prescribed by a doctor for stunted growth at a young age and have had everything cleared by a doctor for this reason!!!!!
    i wouldnt say there is a strict number. I agree with TR's post about at least waiting to you are done growing and developed. I would go with 25 like steroids .

I know i started at 24 on gh. But that was me.

Isma is offline Associate Member
    IMHO it depends on how much HGH you're going to use.

I mean, if your body produces a lot of HGH but you're going to use more than your natural production, use it... if you're going to stop your natural production to use the same quantity... don't do it.
    I know this it's against the idea of "don't use steroids before X years" but I don't agree with it.

If you're going to use more T than your natural production and you know how to restore your homeostasis and your HPTA functions... go for it.

The same with HGH.

PS: of course I'm not saying use it at the age of 12 or 16... but 20 years old, I think it's enough to start.
    PS2: please guys don't kill me for say that.

^^^ your banned

The only issue with your post you may know how to restore your natural test production. But if you damage you HPTA before its fully developed it may not restore properly even if you do proper pct

DesPr8 is offline Associate Member
    You started hgh when you where 24 whoa.^
    what was the longest period you when without gh?

a couple years.
    i took from 24-27 29-31 and just started again at 34

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It comes down to how far you have evolved as a bodybuilder. Have you cycled to the point where you are peaked out using steroids , to the point thy you have to run high dosages. Well IMO that's when you add ghost, instead of taking risk with lots of gear.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Isma is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    a couple years.
    i took from 24-27 29-31 and just started again at 34
    Shit. You should be a big guy, man... Is there any picture in this forum of you? I've took HGH for 4 months and I changed completely my body, so 2 years...

I've posted them before. a long time ago. I have one in my profile.
    I'm 5'6 low 190's

Thanks for the replies guys.

Let me get this straight though - I'm probably wrong, but from what I understood it is more or less OK to do HGH if you take much higher doses than what you naturally produce? So let's say I took 24+ ius per week, then it would be fine? I doubt that's true, but to be honest I really wanna take it so I'm looking for any excuse lol.

But if it's definitely wrong and dangerous then please say so...

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You are 19 and already produce a ton of gh more than likely. I would stay away from it for a long time. Take advantage of what ya got and use your edge. NOT worth messing with your endocrine system.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Sc0rch is offline Associate Member
    Use your natural hormones to build. From age 18-28 I put on over 65lbs naturally. You will NEVER see those kinds of keepable gains from AAS or HGH.

If you inject hormones now you may suppress your natural hormones to the point of having to inject them in order to grow.

Wait 10-15 years until your natural hormones start to taper off.

hgh isnt some magic thing. I dont get why you are so hyped on using it,

The risk + cost isnt worth the results for a 19 year old

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    Some people never listen gixer, I hope they can at least see the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo_123 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Let me get this straight though - I'm probably wrong, but from what I understood it is more or less OK to do HGH if you take much higher doses than what you naturally produce? So let's say I took 24+ ius per week, then it would be fine? I doubt that's true, but to be honest I really wanna take it so I'm looking for any excuse lol.

But if it's definitely wrong and dangerous then please say so...
    I think you misunderstood. At 19 yrs old you're producing about 2iu of GH every day naturally. It really doesn't make sense to shut off your natural GH when you're already making so much. Hell, some people's GH dose is 2iu per day which you're already making naturally - see the point?

Also, remember that GH is not some magic concoction that you see results from overnight. It takes time to get any results from GH even at larger doses and even then the results are subtle so it is really a long term commitment.

If you're just looking for LBM gains, wait a few years and run AAS, the results are much faster, more profound, and a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I dont get why you are so hyped on using it
    Because it's not just about the muscle, I contemplated taking HGH (although it takes a back seat to testosterone in this regard) as it seems to be able to remedy a couple of things that have been bothering me ever since I was a kid, namely a really weak receding jaw, short stature, small bones (my hands, feet and facial bones are like that of a girl), no body hair and a lot of other feminine physical qualities about me that I hate.

From what I gather when you're done growing then you can't really change any of those things, HGH or not. But since I'm 19, my thinking went that it could make a bit of a difference, and not to mention some nice strength gains while I'm at it.

But if it's as earth-shatteringly wrong as everyone says it is then maybe it ain't worth it.

up....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo_123 View Post
    Because it's not just about the muscle, I contemplated taking HGH (although it takes a back seat to testosterone in this regard) as it seems to be able to remedy a couple of things that have been bothering me ever since I was a kid, namely a really weak receding jaw, short stature, small bones (my hands, feet and facial bones are like that of a girl), no body hair and a lot of other feminine physical qualities about me that I hate.

From what I gather when you're done growing then you can't really change any of those things, HGH or not. But since I'm 19, my thinking went that it could make a bit of a difference, and not to mention some nice strength gains while I'm at it.

But if it's as earth-shatteringly wrong as everyone says it is then maybe it ain't worth it.
    The younger you are, the more potential risk you are exposed to.

And again, there is cost / benefit. HGH will not somehow give you big gains in strength in the short term. cost is something like $6/iu, so if you produce 2iu/day, that is $12/day or $360/mo just to break even.

Mate, the advice isn't going to change. If you want advice, there it is. No one but you can decide. But please don't keep asking for some kind of a loophole in our advice. it is what it is. If you want to do it, then just do it. But I think we've beat this thread to death.

---Roman

SUPERMAN5039 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks View Post
    aren't u 29?

Thread Information