Thread: Ghrp-2/ghrh

SUPERMAN5039 is offline Junior Member

Ghrp-2/ghrh

Ok I found this on the The Journal of Clinical Endorcrinology + Metabolism site. I'm not sure if I should put it here on on the HRT site.

Sustained Elevation of Pulsatile Growth Hormone (GH) Secretion and Insulin -Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I), IGF-Binding Protein-3 (IGFBP-3), and IGFBP-5 Concentrations during 30-Day Continuous Subcutaneous Infusion of GH-Releasing Peptide-2 in Older Men and Women

Cyril Y. Bowers, Ramona Granda, Subburaman Mohan, Jonathan Kuipers, David Baylink and Johannes D. Veldhuis
    Tulane University Health Sciences Center (C.Y.B., R.G.), New Orleans, Louisiana 70112; Loma Linda University, J. L. Pettit Veterans Affairs Medical Center (S.M., D.B.), Loma Linda, California 92357; and Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools, General Clinical Research Center, Mayo Clinic (J.K., J.D.V.), Rochester, Minnesota 55905
    Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Dr. Cyril Y. Bowers, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Box SL 53, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112. E-mail: rjabower{at}tulane.edu.

Abstract
    We test the interlinked hypotheses that in healthy older adults: 1) iv injection of GH-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2) and GHRH synergizes more in aging women than men; 2) sc infusion of both GHRP-2 (1 μg/kg·h = 1) and GHRH (1, 3, or 10) for 24 h augments GH secretion more than either agonist alone; and 3) continuous sc delivery of GHRP-2 (1) for 30 d stimulates daily GH secretion and IGF-I, IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3), and IGFBP-5. Acute two-peptide synergy was 3-fold greater in young (n = 16) than older volunteers (n = 17; P < 0.025) and was 2.3-fold higher in elderly women than men (P < 0.025). The 24-h infusion of GHRP-2 (1) combined with GHRH (3 or 10) in men and with GHRH (10) in women drove GH secretion more than GHRH alone (P ≤ 0.024). In the entire cohort (n = 11), GHRP-2/GHRH (1/10) stimulated GH secretion more than either GHRP-2 (1; P = 0.021) or GHRH (10; P = 0.012). The 30-d delivery of GHRP-2 (1; n = 17 subjects): 1) stimulated pulsatile, rhythmic, and entropic GH secretion by more than 3-fold on d 1 and more than 1.8-fold on d 14 and 30 (each P < 0.001 vs. saline); 2) elevated IGF-I to a stable plateau on d 1, 14, and 30 (P < 0.025 vs. baseline); and 3) increased IGFBP-3 (P < 0.01) and IGFBP-5 (P < 0.025) on d 14 and/or 30. Safety screening tests remained normal. In summary, in healthy elderly women and men: 1) acute synergy of GHRP-2 and GHRH is greater in the female; 2) 24-h combined GHRP-2 and GHRH drive is more effective than either agonist alone; and 3) 30-d stimulation with GHRP-2 sustains a physiologically activated somatotropic axis. We conclude that age, gender, stimulus duration, and secretagogue combination determine acute, intermediate, and extended responses of the somatotropic axis in the older adult.

It appears that these peptides work better in younger men and women than older men. And it verifies that both GHRP- 2 and GHRH are more effective together. The study did not indicate at what doseage the test subjects were injected SC.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    Thanks for posting, feel a lot better about the GHRH and GHRP now that I am taking them. I am 29. I am doing 3-4 injections 7 days a week of these two and doing the synthetic injections 5 on 2 off. So I figure on the weekends I am getting a total of 8-10iu's of natural release and during the week I am getting 14-16iu's a day. I am also doing the T4.
    Last edited by Hondarocks; 11-13-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks View Post
    Thanks for posting, feel a lot better about the GHRH and GHRP now that I am taking them. I am 29. I am doing 3-4 injections 7 days a week of these two and doing the synthetic injections 5 on 2 off. So I figure on the weekends I am getting a total of 8-10iu's of natural release and during the week I am getting 14-16iu's a day. I am also doing the T4.
    If you go to the site that I got this abstract from there are other abstracts from other trials they conducted. I'm waiting on peptides to run along with my pharm grade hgh. One of the trials mentioned running L-arginine with the peptides to further bloster the peptides and gh secretion. I'm going to include that alongwith T-4 which should be in this week. I'm going to amp up slowly. I plan on being at 6iu (daily) of the peptides by my 3rd month. I'm going to keep my pharm grade hgh at 2 iu for the duration( I have 20 weeks @ 2iu daily). If I don't get the results I think I should then I will bump up the pharm hgh and go from there. But, it seems there is alot of info on peptides, as I've read other sites which stated that peptides could replace synthetic gh for treating gh deficenies and it reflects your own gh secretion better than syn gh. I'll see what happens as I plan on being on both for a while. Good luck to you.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN5039 View Post
    If you go to the site that I got this abstract from there are other abstracts from other trials they conducted. I'm waiting on peptides to run along with my pharm grade hgh. One of the trials mentioned running L-arginine with the peptides to further bloster the peptides and gh secretion. I'm going to include that alongwith T-4 which should be in this week. I'm going to amp up slowly. I plan on being at 6iu (daily) of the peptides by my 3rd month. I'm going to keep my pharm grade hgh at 2 iu for the duration( I have 20 weeks @ 2iu daily). If I don't get the results I think I should then I will bump up the pharm hgh and go from there. But, it seems there is alot of info on peptides, as I've read other sites which stated that peptides could replace synthetic gh for treating gh deficenies and it reflects your own gh secretion better than syn gh. I'll see what happens as I plan on being on both for a while. Good luck to you.
    So when are you going to dose your L-Arginine?

more abstracts from the Journal of Endo and met.

I found this on the site. If I read it correctly, a trial study was done injecting synthetic gh 2 hours before GHRP-2. I've read posts here where it is suggested to inject the peptides first then the gh. The abstract also indicates that testosterone usage @ 200 mgs 3 x weekly help elevate gh secretions and blunt negative gh feed back on gh secretion. If I read it correctly.

As far as the L-arginine the abstract does not indicate a doseage, or duration on introducing it alongwith the peptides. I will look around more to see if I can get this information.

Short-Term Testosterone Supplementation Relieves Growth Hormone Autonegative Feedback in Men

Johannes D. Veldhuis, William S. Evans, Ali Iranmanesh, Arthur L. Weltman and Cyril Y. Bowers
    Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism (J.D.V.), Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools of Medicine, General Clinical Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905; Division of Endocrinology (W.S.E., A.L.W.), Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (W.S.E.), General Clinical Research Center, and Department of Human Services (A.L.W.), School of Education, General Clinical Research Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908; Research and Development Office (A.I.), Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia 24153; and Department of Internal Medicine (C.Y.B.), Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112-2699
    Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Johannes D. Veldhuis, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools of Medicine, General Clinical Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905. E-mail: veldhuis.johannes{at}mayo.edu.

Abstract
    The present study tests the postulate that testosterone (Te) stimulates GH secretion, in part, by attenuating autonegative feedback. To this end, 13 healthy men (ages 43–71 yr) received three consecutive weekly im injections of placebo (Pl) (n = 7) or Te (200 mg) (n = 6) in a prospectively randomized, double-blind, parallel-cohort design. An iv pulse of saline or recombinant human (rh)GH (3 μg/kg·6 min) was infused 2 h before bolus saline or GH-releasing peptide (GHRP)-2 (1 μg/kg) in the fasting state. Blood was withdrawn every 10 min, GH concentrations were quantitated by chemiluminometry, secretion was determined by deconvolution analysis, and outcomes were compared by ANOVA. After Pl, rhGH suppressed basal, pulsatile, and GHRP-2-stimulated GH secretion by 2.6-, 2.4-, and 2.1-fold, respectively (each P < 0.03), and truncated GHRP-2-stimulated GH secretory bursts (P < 0.005). Compared with Pl, Te: 1) stimulated basal and pulsatile GH secretion by 1.9 and 2.4-fold (P < 0.01 and P < 0.02), respectively; 2) reduced feedback on basal GH secretion (P < 0.01); 3) blunted GHRP-2-stimulation by 1.9-fold (P < 0.01); and 4) facilitated initial recovery of rhGH-suppressed GH concentrations (P < 0.005). The foregoing actions were selective, inasmuch as Te did not relieve autoinhibition of pulsatile GH secretion.

In summary, short-term Te supplementation decreases rhGH-imposed negative feedback on basal GH secretion and enhances early escape of GH from autoinhibition. In principle, such actions could potentiate the renewal of high-amplitude pulses of GH in androgen-replete individuals.

GHRP-2/L-Arginine

This is what I found from the site for L-Arginine usage with GHRP-2. It states L-Arginine was iv infused over a 30 minute period alongwith the GHRP-2, but it does not indicate a doseage. I'm going to run the arginine at the recommended daily doseage with the ghrp-2 and see what happens. I'm in for the long haul and I'm not expecting a whole body transfomation overnight.

Consecutive iv infusion of l-arginine over 30 min, followed by bolus iv injection of a maximally stimulatory dose of GHRH or GHRP-2, induced marked GH release (Fig. 2A⇓). Pulsatile GH secretion after successive l-arginine/GHRH stimulation was 21-fold, and that after l-arginine/GHRP-2 was 56-fold, higher than baseline unstimulated values in young men (both P < 0.0001). By comparison, GHRH and GHRP-2-stimulated GH responses were only 8.6-fold (P = 0.031 vs. young) and 24-fold (P = 0.055 vs. young) baseline values, respectively, in older men. In absolute terms, pulsatile GH secretion (μg/liter · 3 h) was also significantly greater in young men than in older men after maximal GHRH (P = 0.021) and GHRP-2 (P = 0.045) stimulation (Fig. 2B⇓). In contrast, there was no age difference in unstimulated pulsatile GH secretion assessed during saline infusion.

Contributions of Gender and Systemic Estradiol and Testosterone Concentrations to Maximal Secretagogue Drive of Burst-Like Growth Hormone Secretion in Healthy Middle-Aged and Older Adults

Johannes D. Veldhuis, James T. Patrie, Kimberly T. Brill, Judith Y. Weltman, Eugenio E. Mueller, Cyril Y. Bowers and Arthur Weltman
    Department of Internal Medicine (J.D.V.), Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools of Medicine, General Clinical Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905; Departments of Health Evaluation Sciences (J.T.P.), Human Services (K.T.B., J.Y.W.), and Internal Medicine (A.W.), General Clinical Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908; Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology (E.E.M.), University of Milan, 20129 Milan, Italy; and Tulane University Health Sciences Center (C.Y.B.), New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
    Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Johannes D. Veldhuis, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools of Medicine, General Clinical Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905. E-mail: veldhuis.johannes{at}mayo.edu.

Abstract
    To test whether concentrations of estradiol and testosterone predict GH responses to mechanistically distinct secretagogues in healthy older adults, we studied 16 volunteers (n = 10 men, n = 6 women, age 49–72 yr) in each of six randomly ordered sessions as follows: 1) saline; 2) l-arginine; 3) aerobic exercise; 4) GHRH; 5) GH-releasing peptide (GHRP)-2; and 6) somatostatin-induced rebound. Statistical comparisons disclosed that stimulus type (P < 0.001) and the interaction between gender and stimulus type (P = 0.023) determine GH secretion. In women, each secretagogue, except exercise and somatostatin-induced rebound, stimulated GH secretion by 2.6- to 6.4-fold over saline/rest (P < 0.023). In men, somatostatin-induced rebound drove GH secretion by 4.6-fold (P = 0.004), exercise by 16-fold (P < 0.001), and other secretagogues by 18- to 109-fold over saline/rest (each P < 0.001). Gender comparisons disclosed greater GH secretion in men than women after somatostatin-induced rebound (P = 0.008) and GHRP-2 injection (P < 0.001) and conversely greater GH secretion in women than men after saline (P = 0.013). Regression analysis showed that individual concentrations of estradiol (r = 0.80, P = 0.002) and testosterone (r = 0.63, P = 0.008) and their combination (r = 0.86, P < 0.001) strongly predict responses to GHRP-2 only. We conclude that among healthy middle-aged and older adults, the action of GHRP is uniquely determined by gender and physiological concentrations of testosterone and estradiol.

Gonadal Status and Body Mass Index Jointly Determine Growth Hormone (GH)-Releasing Hormone/GH-Releasing Peptide Synergy in Healthy Men

Remberto C. Paulo, Mihaela Cosma, Cacia Soares-Welch, Joy N. Bailey, Kristi L. Mielke, John M. Miles, Cyril Y. Bowers and Johannes D. Veldhuis
    Departments of Pediatrics (R.C.P.) and Internal Medicine (M.C., C.S.-W., J.N.B., K.L.M., J.M.M., J.D.V.), Endocrine Research Unit, Clinical Translational Research Center, Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55901; and Division of Endocrinology (C.Y.B.), Department of Internal Medicine, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
    Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Johannes D. Veldhuis, Departments of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Endocrine Research Unit, Clinical Translational Research Center, Mayo Medical and Graduate Schools, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55901. E-mail: Veldhuis.Johannes{at}mayo.edu.

Abstract

Context: Sex steroid hormones potentiate whereas increased body mass index (BMI) represses GH secretion. Whether sex steroids modify the negative effect of BMI on secretagogue-induced GH secretion in men is not known. The issue is important in designing GH-stimulation regimens that are relatively insensitive to both gonadal status and adiposity.

Objective: Our objective was to compare the relationships between BMI and peptide-stimulated GH secretion in men with normal and reduced testosterone and estradiol availability.

Setting: The study was performed at an academic medical center.

Subjects: Healthy young men were included in the study.

Interventions: Randomized separate-day iv infusion of saline and/or maximally effective doses of L-arginine/GHRH, L-arginine/GH-releasing peptide (GHRP)-2, and GHRH/GHRP-2 in eugonadal (n = 12) and experimentally hypogonadal (n = 10) men was performed.

Outcomes: Regression of paired secretagogue-induced GH responses on BMI was determined.

Results: In eugonadal men, peak GH concentrations correlated negatively with BMI. In particular, BMI accounted for only 38% of the response variability after L-arginine/GHRH (P = 0.0165), but 62% after GHRH/GHRP-2 (P = 0.0012) and 65% after L-arginine/GHRP-2 (P = 0.00075). In contrast, in hypogonadal men, GH responses were uncorrelated with BMI. The negative effects of BMI on peak GH responses in eugonadal and hypogonadal states differed most markedly after stimulation with GHRH/GHRP-2 (P = 0.0019). This contrast was corroborated using integrated GH responses (P = 0.0007).

Conclusions: Short-term experimental gonadal sex hormone depletion attenuates dual secretagogue-stimulated GH secretion in lean young men. The inhibitory effect of relative adiposity on GH secretion appears to predominate over that of acute sex steroid withdrawal.

OK LAST ONE. I COULD POST HERE FOREVER ON THIS TOPIC. IF YOU WISH GO TO THE SITE AND READ READ READ..

Joint Mechanisms of Impaired Growth-Hormone Pulse Renewal in Aging Men

Johannes D. Veldhuis, Ali Iranmanesh and Cyril Y. Bowers
    Endocrine Research Unit Department of Internal Medicine (J.D.V.), Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905; Endocrine Service (A.I.), Research and Development, Salem Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, Virginia 24153; and Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism (C.Y.B.), Department of Internal Medicine, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112-2699
    Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Johannes D. Veldhuis, Endocrine Research Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, General Clinical Research Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905. E-mail: veldhuis.johannes{at}mayo.edu.

Abstract

Context: Aging reduces the size (mass) of GH secretory bursts and thereby reduces total GH secretion. Experimental data indicate that high-amplitude GH pulses are evoked by reversible cycles of GH-induced negative feedback. Whether aging impairs autofeedback is unknown.

Objective: The objective of this study is to assess whether age attenuates and IGF-I potentiates negative feedback by a near-physiological pulse of GH.

Design/Setting/Subjects: In a university setting, 17 healthy men ages 19–71 yr each underwent four randomly ordered infusion studies on separate mornings fasting.

Intervention: Intravenous injection of a pulse of: 1) saline or 2) recombinant human (rh) GH to impose controlled negative feedback, followed in 2 h by a bolus of 3) saline or (iv) the ghrelin analog GHRP-2 to overcome feedback inhibition.

Outcome Measures: The impact of age and IGF-I concentrations on GH autofeedback was assessed by regression analysis.

Results: Percentage feedback inhibition correlated negatively with: 1) age after consecutive rh GH/saline infusion (R2 = 0.42, P = 0.005) at any IGF-I concentration; and 2) total IGF-I concentrations after rh GH/GHRP-2 infusion (R2 = 0.40, P = 0.009) at any age. In contrast, sex-steroid concentrations and body mass index were unrelated to degree of autoinhibition.

Conclusions: Increased age in healthy men predicts impaired GH autofeedback, which may contribute to attenuated renewal of high-amplitude GH pulses. Conversely, higher IGF-I concentrations in young men forecast accentuated GH autoinhibition, which may drive prominent GH pulses.

IN CONCLUSION: THERE APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN MANY CLINICAL TRIALS CONDUCTED ON GH/PEPTIDES/L-ARGININE/ABDOMINAL FAT/EXCERSISE/ JUST GO TO THE SITE AND READ. ALSO THERE ARE OTHER STUDIES THAT SUPPORT ALL THE STUDIES ON THE SITE. JUST CLICK ON THE LINKS AND YOU CAN READ ON AND ON FOREVER. GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by SUPERMAN5039; 11-14-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    So when are you going to dose your L-Arginine?
    Ok I found this:

Taking a few capsules of arginine will have no effect on growth hormone in adults, although arginine by be beneficial for other reasons. Arginine's growth hormone release is greatly enhanced if supplemental choline and B5 (calcium pantothenate) are taken at the same time. The choline can be in the form of any available form of choline or DMAE supplement. (Centrophenoxine, a very safe substance available from European or Mexican pharmacies, can also be used as a choline source. Centrophenoxine is converted to choline in the body.)

The effectiveness of arginine as a growth hormone releaser is highly unpredictable. There are great individual differences in the effectiveness of arginine as a growth hormone releaser, and the effect diminishes dramatically with increasing age. The effectiveness of arginine can best be maintained by not taking it continuously. A schedule of something like four weeks of continuous use followed by a two-week break generally works best.

The effectiveness of arginine in releasing growth hormone is greatly diminished if foods have been consumed that cause other amino acids or significant amounts of insulin to be present in the bloodstream along with the arginine. That is why the arginine should be taken on an empty stomach (i.e., at least one hour before or three hours after a meal).

Growth hormone releasers should not be used by young people until five years after they have completed their long bone growth (unless under careful medical supervision). The effectiveness of arginine for growth hormone release is very age-dependent. It usually causes a massive growth hormone release in people in their 20s. By the time a person reaches their late 40s or early 50s, however, arginine often still causes a very small growth hormone release, but the growth hormone levels rarely approach youthful levels.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    Thanks for all the info, I dont think I will be doing the arginine based because the evidence just is not that compelling. Im taking a lot of Serostim and Peptides, I think its doing the job fine and the only way to get more benefit is to do a cyle of test and primobolan .

Thread Information