TomOLeary is offline New Member

Cool Genotropin Dosing/Timing Q

So I have an actual HGH deficiency. I was 5'2 160 as of when I was 16 and it was identified, and I got started on daily HGH injections. (2.6 mg Genotropin per day, jackpot) Within a year and a half I went to 5'10, 170, decently built, and then I turned 18 and my insurance company cut me off because they said I wasn't going to grow any more. This made my metabolism go to ****, with a 1200-1500 calorie equilibrium depending on my activity level. Anything more and I would gain weight. Working out was all but pointless because no matter what I did, I never saw any gains. (Or weight losses) Ended up at 255 lbs at age 25 and decided to get back on the HGH to lose fat and tone up. This was back in March, I'm now around 243 with some decent muscle gains and I can actually eat food but want to make sure I'm maximizing this chance.

After jumping through all the medical hoops, I'm back on it, but at a low dose. (0.6 mg = 1.8 IU genotropin per day prescribed dose, I get one 13.8 mg cartridge shipped every two weeks. WEAK!) I am taking it as prescribed right now, 0.6 mg every day around 11pm, but wanted to know if this is the best cycle for fat loss/muscle gain, since it's such a low dose. Here is my typical workout routine. My lifting is usually low-weight, high-rep, with 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 of everything, because I'm trying to lose weight, not gain it.
    Monday: 1 hr Lifting (Arms), 1 hr cardio
    Tuesday: 1 hr Racquetball (intense), 1 hr lifting (pecs, abs, & back)
    Wednesday: 1 hr cardio
    Thursday: 1 hr Racquetball (intense), 1 hr lifting (legs)
    Fri-Sun: varied, sometimes nothing, sometimes some cardio, lifting rarely.

Would I be better off doubling my dose or taking two standard doses per day Mon-Thurs so I would be getting 4 IU's instead of 2 when I'm actually working out, and then not taking any Fri-Sunday when I'm not doing much? Alternatively, I could double dose for a week and then take a week off, or just stick with the small dose every night. Also, on the workout days, do you think I'd see better gains taking it immediately before or after lifting, switching to mornings (difficult but not impossible) or waiting til bedtime like I do now?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    gh is a long slow process. Stick to what you are doing

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lol! OP love your screen name and avatar pic...I wish they would make Anchorman II.

Hondarocks is offline Banned
    San Diego!

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarocks View Post
    San Diego!
    Translation...A whale's vagina

Thread Information