Thread: IGF-1 levels

sizzlechest is offline Member

IGF-1 levels

I took a blood test about 6 months ago and my IGF1 was at 156, after two weeks on 2Ius a day 5 on 2 off I did a test and now that shows at 245. My questions is, is this a good increase. Im 38, Whith GH usage what blood results are normal. Thanks.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Two things to consider:

1) 2 IUs -- I assume at night and you tested in the morning -- is really not much. In fact, with 2 IUs of synthetic GH you are really increasing GH by very little since your body would produce about that much anyway (let's assume 1.5 IUs at your age). When you inject synthetic GH, your body produces no GH and you only have what you inject. So if your body was producing 1.5 IUs a night, you now have 2 IUs, not 3.5 IUs in your body.
    2) GH does not stiumlate IGF-1 in everyone. And it stiumlates it to different degrees in all people. Testing for IGF-1 is the standard test, but it's a semi-flawed approach. Studies have noted, however, that even in individuals who do not get higher IFG-1 levels from GH, they still see benefits from GH. This has led scientists to conclude they do not fully understand the beneficial pathway of GH. Obviously, the benefit is not stictly from IGF-1 increase.

sizzlechest is offline Member
    I started to increase it to 3 ius this week and probably to 4 in a week or so. Im comming to an end of a winny and prop cycle and want to keep as much of the gains as possible.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You did see an increase in IGF-1, so that is good. But watch symptoms and results more than blood IGF-1 levels. Those are usually a better indicators.

The IGF-1 indicators can be tricky. With the use of synthetic HGH the best time to test IGF-1 is about 45 minutes after the injection. That's when it'll be the highest. As long as the IGF-1 level is going up you're good to go.

Thread Information