chuyler is offline New Member

Prescription Norditropin for 15 year old

Hey guys, just signed up for this forum because I have some questions my doctor didn't really know about. TEXT IS LONG BUT HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I was prescribed Norditropin for idiopathic short stature (5'4) by my endocrinologist. I got my first dose today and was instructed about how to use it and how it works. My dose is 2.9mg a night, 6 nights a week, before bed. This is suppose to make me grow taller, but I am obviously here because I want to learn more about the bodybuilding side of it. Questions!

1. I was told to take this before bed, but I've been reading that for bodybuilding you should take it in the morning, and night time doses are more for anti-aging. Should I switch up the dose times, or is night time dosage also for height gain? (Muscles are great but this is the priority) Also, I should note that at bedtime I am hooked up to a feeding tube (Unrelated health problem) I read that you should not eat after your dose for at least an hour and a half. The feeding tube is essentially feeding me directly in my stomach, so I would think this is not good.

2. I already work out, my schedule has me in the gym 4 times a week. I read that this helps with recovery time... would it help enough that I could go crazy and do full body workouts like every day, or is that stupid?

3. Bodyfat loss and effects: I've also read that this can help you slim down, I'm already on a decent diet and at a normal weight. With hgh at my dose, how much fat would I lose, and when would I notice results? I've read that typically within a month one can start to notice changes.

4. IU's: What exactly is an IU? My dose was prescribed in mg, not iu. I think you can measure IU based on dosage and weight? If that's true maybe you guys would know how many IU's I'm taking, I weigh around 125.

5. If working out with HGH, would that cause some of the hgh to go to my muscles instead of my bones? Like, if I were working out on HGH would the effects be nullified since I'm "wasting" it on muscles? Height in the main concern here as I can work out when my dose is over.

Aaaaand that's about all my questions! Also, I know this forum is suppose to be 18+, hgh isn't really a steroid though and I wouldn't know anywhere else with people who are knowledgeable about this.

Thanks!

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuyler View Post
    Hey guys, just signed up for this forum because I have some questions my doctor didn't really know about. TEXT IS LONG BUT HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.He probably knows, but felt it is irrelevant as he is prescribing you HGH for stunted growth, and want to keep your focus on the treatment.

I was prescribed Norditropin for idiopathic short stature (5'4) by my endocrinologist. I got my first dose today and was instructed about how to use it and how it works. My dose is 2.9mg a night, 6 nights a week, before bed. This is suppose to make me grow taller, but I am obviously here because I want to learn more about the bodybuilding side of it. Questions!I donīt know what 2.9mg means. Somehow u can easily figure out how much that is in IU. from how many ML you are taking. Would be nice to know, but not really important, as u are just going to follow your docīs protocol.

1. I was told to take this before bed, but I've been reading that for bodybuilding you should take it in the morning, and night time doses are more for anti-aging. Should I switch up the dose times, or is night time dosage also for height gain? (Muscles are great but this is the priority) Also, I should note that at bedtime I am hooked up to a feeding tube (Unrelated health problem) I read that you should not eat after your dose for at least an hour and a half. The feeding tube is essentially feeding me directly in my stomach, so I would think this is not good.We mostly produce HGH when we are in deep sleep at night with the highest pulses around 2am. Your doc is trying to mimic your natural cycle, so stick with that. Your doc is aware of the feedingtube. Iīm sure whatever u are being fed is not spiking your insulin at night to where it will affect your HGH to a large degree. You are however right about the not eat at the same time you administer HGH, I wait 1/2 hr.

2. I already work out, my schedule has me in the gym 4 times a week. I read that this helps with recovery time... would it help enough that I could go crazy and do full body workouts like every day, or is that stupid?Yes, that is "stupid". 4/week is plenty.

3. Bodyfat loss and effects: I've also read that this can help you slim down, I'm already on a decent diet and at a normal weight. With hgh at my dose, how much fat would I lose, and when would I notice results? I've read that typically within a month one can start to notice changes.Your metabolism and muscle synthesis, as even your testosterone production will have beneficial effects from the HGH. You say you are already at a normal weight and decent diet, so do nothing else. As your IGF-1 raises, as a result of your increased HGH, your metabolism will slowly improve, but not after 1 month. By the end of the year you may see a slight difference in body tone, HGH is very slow acting

4. IU's: What exactly is an IU? My dose was prescribed in mg, not iu. I think you can measure IU based on dosage and weight? If that's true maybe you guys would know how many IU's I'm taking, I weigh around 125.International Unit. Read your package. Easy to figure out how much u are taking

5. If working out with HGH, would that cause some of the hgh to go to my muscles instead of my bones? Like, if I were working out on HGH would the effects be nullified since I'm "wasting" it on muscles? Height in the main concern here as I can work out when my dose is over.A good question, but I seriously doubt it will have any effect on your bone growth. Remember, you will not see any dramatic effect from HGH on your musclegrowth anyway. This comes from your Testosterone production which now at 15 is about or already has gone into overdrive, enjoy it, and donīt mess with it

Aaaaand that's about all my questions! Also, I know this forum is suppose to be 18+, hgh isn't really a steroid though and I wouldn't know anywhere else with people who are knowledgeable about this. The forum is 18, and you will be removed. However you can still lurk, and learn a lot from our threads and stickies on top of the page.

Thanks!
    All in all, listen to your Doc, and donīt alter his protocol in any way, you are playing with fire.
    Read up on "long bone growth" and "the epiphyseal plate" to understand how HGH is helping you.
    Modern medicine is wonderful. I am happy for you, that you are in a position to take advantage of it. The majority is not.
    Use it for what it is meant for, donīt start "self medicate" or alter prescription purposes.
    Come back in a couple years and let us know how HGH improved your growth, or have your Dad/Mom open an account here if you have more questions.
    Good luck!

AugustWest is offline New Member
    Your 15, 5 feet 4 in and got prescribed HGH for short stature? Whatever happened to good old growth spurts from puberty? Several of my friends were that height at that age and are now closer to 6 ft, maybe your just a late bloomer. I dunno, sounds fishy to me. If you did indeed see a doc and did indeed get prescribed GH, why hasn't he given you all the dosing procedures and everything. No responsible doc would prescribe GH without thoroughly explaining and demonstrating how to correctly and safely administer hormone therapy!!!

Thread Information