elendil is offline New Member

prescribed 1.5 IU/night HGH by doctor. Am I being scammed?

I just want to make sure that I'm not being scummed in the amount of GH I am receiving, and that the doctor isn't playing me. My parents are paying a very high amount of $ for this and I want to make sure that I am getting what I'm paying for.

I'm a 5'2 male @ 15 y/o. I've recently been prescribed hgh to grow taller. In the syringe, it is filled up to the 30 unit mark and I've been told online that this is 1.5 IU of GH. I am supposed to do it 5x a week.

Is this enough? I just had a bad feeling that this is too little and we are being scammed. I am very ignorant in this area and I know all of you guys know about this subject incredibly well.

Thank you.

Are you growth hormone deficient?

^^

I could very well may be. 5'2 @ 15 y/o simply isn't normal and I've fallen completely off the growth charts. My plates are still open so we're giving this a try, all I'm concerned about is that I am receiving less than what I actually need.

So a Dr prescribed you rHGH without testing your natural levels?

I remember doing a blood test but that's it. Parents took care of the rest. I think my mom said that I had normal levels though.

However, isn't that irrelevant? If a child is not expected to reach his/her expected adult height, I heard you can be prescribed hgh legally. Please answer my initial question though!

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elendil View Post
    ^^

I could very well may be. 5'2 @ 15 y/o simply isn't normal and I've fallen completely off the growth charts. My plates are still open so we're giving this a try, all I'm concerned about is that I am receiving less than what I actually need.
    Some guys are short, that's just the way it is man, not everyone was intended to be 6'+.

If your body is producing a normal amount of GH for your age and your growth plates are not sealed then there is another reason why you're not growing.

I think a 15 yr old makes about 2iu a day naturally if I remember right.

You're probably gonna be banned as you have to be 18 yrs old to be a member of this site but good luck.

any other factors that may hinder my growing? I can't think of anything else..

Have you done any cycles? Pro Hormone or Anabolic ?

No, I've never done anything. HGH, which i've started 2 days ago, would be the closest thing to anabolic for me.

I don't understand. I stopped growing 1-2 years ago when my plates are still open. Funny thing is that's when I also started lifting and taking supps. Nothing dangerous though, just whey/gainers

List the supplements you used.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    depends on the type of gh and how it is diluted if 30units is 1.5iu
    He may increase the dose, just follow dr's orders. You cant just jump on a high dose right away
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How tall are your parents?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How tall are your parents?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lots of people still grow at your age, you think they would have done more testing.

Sheen is offline New Member
    Listen man, you can still save yourself, it is NOT too late. I haven't read any of the above answers yet, but before anything, I want to say don't listen to any 6' tall faggots that tell you "oh, you are fine, being short is fine, just deal with it, that's how you were made, blahblahblah." They don't know how its like being treated shitty by society just because you had no choice and were born to be shorter than average. NOW, here is what to do.

See a pediatric endocrinologist and get some preliminary blood tests for everything endo, including IGF, thyroid hormone levels, etc. If you have symptoms of growth hormone deficiency (your physical features look childish in comparison with your chronological age) you can opt for a growth hormone stimulation test. It's the only way to accurately gauge whether you are making enough growth hormone or not because it tests your levels one every 15 minutes over a period of around 2 hours. (GH releases randomly so that blood test is the only one that can tell you if you are deficient). Also, get X-rays of the left wrist to see your growth plates. The interpreter can tell you if your bone age is spot on, if it is advanced, or delayed. If your bone age is delayed, your plates are more open than they should be and that means you have more growth left to go than your peers. If it is advanced, you may have gone through early puberty, which results in short stature.

In any case, as long as your plates are still open, you can still grow. It doesn't matter how open they are, it just matters that they aren't entirely sealed shut. Keep in mind that wrist plates close sooner than the more important femoral plates (your legs). The plates in the knees close earlier than the femoral plates, however.

So, start taking letrozole , 2.5mg a day, every day. This will keep your plates from closing. This should ALWAYS be the first step if you want to save yourself in LATE puberty (which you are considered to be in).

Now, because you are 5' 2", you have idiopathic short stature (unless your blood tests find you to be GH deficient). This means that the doctor CAN prescribe you HGH and dose you at ISS levels. The cutoff for ISS is 5' 3". From that point, it is up to your insurance co. If they cover it, excellent, as it is indicated by most GH companies. If they don't cover it, then I guess you should keep doing what you're doing now, buying from shady internet sellers or w/e.

^^^ you are a real idiot.
    Why dont you actually read. He did do those things and is being prescribed the gh from a dr. Not a shadt internet dealer as you put it.
    You are telling a 15 year old to take letro? Really?
    Then you want to call other members ******? I would go back and edit out your post.
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 03-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Sheen is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    ^^^ you are a real idiot.
    Why dont you actually read. He did do those things and is being prescribed the gh from a dr. Not a shadt internet dealer as you put it.
    You are telling a 15 year old to take letro? Really?
    Then you want to call other members faggots? I would go back and edit out your post.
    Sorry about that, I thought he was buying from the internet. I also think letrozole is a big help as it extends the time left on plates that are about to close. As I said before, I didn't read any answers and so I wasn't purposely calling whoever a faggot. As you can probably tell, I am short myself and I can feel the OP's pain, it really hurts when someone who's got an excellent height tells you to accept yourself because there is no way they can know what it's like.
    As for my post, I'm going to leave it like it is so if anyone reads your response they'll know what you are talking about. Peace.

edit out the f****** part. We have gay members and its insulting. I'll go back and edit it from mine also.

I'm 5'6. your height is what you make of it. If your self conscious about it then people can tell. My wife is taller then me. i dont care at all
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 03-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.

xXthehulkXx is offline Associate Member
    Don't let height bother you. I'm 5'4" and couldn't care less. You know why, because inch for inch and lb for lb, I'm stronger and bigger than a bunch of guys.

If It's about self esteem, go to a shrink and let them help you.

vinceproduction is offline Associate Member
    I agree with the other shorter guys. I'm 5'5" and honestly it's not a negative at all, IMO. Muscle bellies are fuller, it's easier to "fill out" and look overall more impressive without as much muscle even. Of course it's your life and decision. Good luck to you!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    DAMN I'm 5' 8" and feel tall for once. Maybe that's why I like Thailand and Philippines so much. lot's of short people so I feel at home. lol

Trust your doctor and your parents. Ask your doctor about what you have learned in regards to how much natural HGH you produce (2iu a day) compared to how much he is giving you and what his plan is.

Thread Information