Thread: mcg and unit

DaNKahoLIc is offline Junior Member

mcg and unit

i think i found the answer.. is 10 units equal to 50mcg's, so 20units would be equal to 100 mcg's in regards to somelin? also is cjc-1293 the same as cjc-1295 w/o dac?

Normally, when a peptide has dac it's listed as xxxx with dac. So if cjc-1293 is listed alone I would think it's a safe bet that it is without dac.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am not sure about the whole dac question but I think you are confusing wieght with volume, for volume it would all depend on who dilutes the stuff. You see units is a measure of volume there are 100 IU's per ML or CC. On the other hand peptides are sold by wieght. For example AR-R sells cjc-1295 and somelin 2 mgs per bottle or 2 thousands of a gram. Two mgs is equal to 2000 mcg's so if you diluted either with bac water to to a total volume of 2 ml then you would have 10 mcg's per IU of volume.

to be more specific, its phara grade sermorelin.. and its a 3mg bottle which says on the box, reconstitute with 3ml sterile water.. So what i am asking is the pins i have are mesured in units and go to 100 units. Ive read that a good starting point is roughly 100mgs, plus i planned on taking this with cjc-1293 twice a day. Prob 100mcg of sermorelin and 100mcg of the cjc-1293. ive read thats a good starting point. also i will be taking this with deca and cyp. so where would i draw up to on the pins to get 100mgs.. thanks

im sorry i ment 100 mcgs, So massive.. if i have a 3mg bottle that means i have 3000mcg once mixed? so if i was looking to pin 100 mcg that would be 10 units?
    Last edited by DaNKahoLIc; 03-31-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I am not sure about the whole dac question but I think you are confusing wieght with volume, for volume it would all depend on who dilutes the stuff. You see units is a measure of volume there are 100 IU's per ML or CC. On the other hand peptides are sold by wieght. For example AR-R sells cjc-1295 and somelin 2 mgs per bottle or 2 thousands of a gram. Two mgs is equal to 2000 mcg's so if you diluted either with bac water to to a total volume of 2 ml then you would have 10 mcg's per IU of volume.
    Yes, but that only applies to liquid insulin (which is why slin pins are gauged that way).
    The mass of active ingredient per IU varies by substance, as the IU is a measure of biological effect.
    Pharma grade HGH is standardized to around 2.8mg per IU.

"Insulin: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of about 45.5 μg pure crystalline insulin (1/22 mg exactly).
    This corresponds to the old USP insulin unit, first suggested by Frederick Banting et.al. in 1922,[5] where one unit (U) of insulin is equal to the amount required to reduce the concentration of blood glucose in a fasting rabbit to 0.045 per cent (45 mg/dL or 2,5 mmol/L) within 4 hours.
    Vitamin A: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of 0.3 μg retinol, or of 0.6 μg beta-carotene[6][7]
    Vitamin C: 1 IU is 50 μg L-ascorbic acid
    Vitamin D: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of 0.025 μg cholecalciferol/ergocalciferol
    Vitamin E: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of about 0.667 mg d-alpha-tocopherol (2/3 mg exactly), or of 1 mg of dl-alpha-tocopherol acetate"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_unit

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yes, but that only applies to liquid insulin (which is why slin pins are gauged that way).
    The mass of active ingredient per IU varies by substance, as the IU is a measure of biological effect.
    Pharma grade HGH is standardized to around 2.8mg per IU.

"Insulin: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of about 45.5 μg pure crystalline insulin (1/22 mg exactly).
    This corresponds to the old USP insulin unit, first suggested by Frederick Banting et.al. in 1922,[5] where one unit (U) of insulin is equal to the amount required to reduce the concentration of blood glucose in a fasting rabbit to 0.045 per cent (45 mg/dL or 2,5 mmol/L) within 4 hours.
    Vitamin A: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of 0.3 μg retinol, or of 0.6 μg beta-carotene[6][7]
    Vitamin C: 1 IU is 50 μg L-ascorbic acid
    Vitamin D: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of 0.025 μg cholecalciferol/ergocalciferol
    Vitamin E: 1 IU is the biological equivalent of about 0.667 mg d-alpha-tocopherol (2/3 mg exactly), or of 1 mg of dl-alpha-tocopherol acetate"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_unit
    True, but if you are using an insulin syringe as your unit of measure which I certainly assume he is then 100 IU's = 1 CC/ML but thanks for adding that information anyway.

Lets pretend im like a retarted 27 yr... Can you plz break it down in retard terms.. i am using insulin pins that go up to 100 units. i got a script for this so it is phara grade.. the bottle is 3mg, and says to mix it with 3ml of water. The clinic told me to use 10 units b4 bed, which im sure is a low dose.. What i am trying to figure is how many mcgs are in that 10 units.. i would like to use 100 mcg's 2X ed of this.. Im just not sure how to convert mcg to units? Any1

and massive if i have a 3mg bottle and mix it with 3ml of bac watr... what would a 100mcg shot translate to units. would it be 10 units?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes. If you combine 3ml of water with 3mg of powder, you have 1,000 mcg (1 mg) per ml. So you want .1ml (10 units on a slin pin) for 100 mcg.

Bonaparte thanks a lot for the help... so out of 3mg bottle mixed with 3ml water will giv me 1000 mcg's. @ 100 mcg's that would be 10 shots, what i dont get how the heck is this bottle gona last me 1 month? i got 3 bottles which he said should last 3 months, and he told me to take 10 units b4 bed and if im doing 500 mcg a week 5 on 2 off thats like 2 weeks?

I was going to take this 7 days a week and stack it with cjc-1293, also how does the research semorelin from banner in top right compair to phara grade as i payd $100 for a 3mg bottle.

DaNKaholic,

I still do not think you are getting it. If your bottle has 3mg of X compound ( be it HGH, CGC-1295 Somerelin, etc) short for milligrams or thousandths of a gram. 3 milligrams is equal to 3000 micrograms. That means no matter how much or how little water you mix it with it, it will always contain 3 thousandths of a gram of X compound now if you mix it with 3 ml or bac water you will have approximately 10mcg's of X compound per IU so if you are pinning 10 IU's you will be doing 100 mcg's per shot. And since you mixed it with 3 ml of bac water you will have approximatly 30 of these shots per bottle. I say approximatly since the displa***ent of the freeze dried powder of course adds slightly to the equation but its so little it can be ignored.

Hope this helps, if not maybe Bonaparte can help clear it up as he is a teacher....well so am I but only technical classes in building engineering and the like. Not a school teacher which is a lot more challenging as those I teach are already familiar with the subject matter.

FFM

On the last question about how does the CJC-1295 from AR-R compare to pharm grade. I have never done AR-R's CJC-1295, however most of their stuff is of very good quality. They are one of the few "Research Chem" sites I would trust as some of this stuff can be tricky to make and quantify and can cause problems if made or dosed improperly.

FFM

Crystal clear massive, thanks a lot for the break down i get it now.. does somorelin or cjc-1295 need to be kept in the fridge like hgh, the box says do not freeze or put in the fridge so i imagine that i dont put it in the fridge like hgh

Thread Information