freshmaker is offline Junior Member
    Roughly 8 weeks ago my dr. Tells me that my test and gh levels are low. Test is 214 on a range of 348 - 1197. "IGF" is low normal at 3.9 on a range of 3.3 to 6.7.

I say let's treat one thing at a time, so I go on test injections. They have been great, but it's definitely been an interesting ride.

At 8 weeks I get more blood work. My test is at good levels, but now my "igf-1" is 338 on a range of 94-252. the doc says we measured IGF-3 originally, which was a mistake and isn't a proper indicator. He asks if I am already taking hgh - I'm not, and tell him so. So, there is no apparent reason for hgh.

Meanwhile, I'm reading all of these forums and I can't figure out if there are specific blood IGF levels that people are trying to attain. Everyone seems to be taking x amount of units for fat loss and x amount more for an anabolic effect. And everyone says it makes them feel great.

Any thoughts on whether to look at IGF-1 or IGF-3? And what levels to be at? Or whether you look at them at all? People talking about test seem very specific about blood levels, I don't see the same interest in IGF levels for hgh takers.

Appreciate any info. There is a local doc for hgh that I can go to if the answer is that you take it no matter what your levels are.

Thanks in advance.

What are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02
    What are your stats?
    Whoops.

47, male
    6'2
    180 lbs tested at 6.9 and 7.9% bf in last 12 mos, hydrostatic method.
    150 mg test cyp weekly trt
    No ai, hcg or anything else.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like a typical Longevity clinic but if it was me and I had the $$$ I would go for both or should I say I did for a year but the HGH got to $$$ for my blood at the time. I defiantly noticed more with HGH than just my TRT alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Sounds like a typical Longevity clinic but if it was me and I had the $$$ I would go for both or should I say I did for a year but the HGH got to $$$ for my blood at the time. I defiantly noticed more with HGH than just my TRT alone.
    Doc says it's up to me if I want to run hgh for a while. Any thoughts on how much? Thinking about 2iu 5/2 based on what I am reading in other threads.

Bump for advice on how much to take. Lovbyts, how much hgh were u taking?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I ran 1iu for a year. I ran up to 3iu for a couple of months also but typically it was only 1iu. 5/2

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    lovbyts, did that 1iu do anything for fat loss or did it just make you feel better? I kknow 1iu wont cause "magic" to happen but consistent fat loss even if slow is nice. At 30 i feel like its taking forever to get shredded. im curious about guys who run modest doses, what they experience

Fit N Fun is offline Associate Member
    I take 2iu in the morning and in the early evening 4 1/2 days on, 2 1/2 days off.

That is Monday morning to Friday morning, have done this on and off for the past 3 years.

Nothing magic happens quickly, but I struggle to fit into my trousers since my legs have grown so much.

I wanted to see what the long term effects of HGH are rather than the short term gains I had on Test + Deca .

Seems its good for your overall fitness, my aerobic capacity was recently checked and it was at the top end of excellent at 70 ml/kg/min despite my exercise regime being moderate, not excessive and my age is well into my 50's.

The most important thing to get checked is your IGF-1 ( HGH is processed by the liver into IGF-1) levels before and after HGH to be sure you have the real thing. Fake HGH is common, look for online labs that will test for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit N Fun
    I take 2iu in the morning and in the early evening 4 1/2 days on, 2 1/2 days off.

The most important thing to get checked is your IGF-1 ( HGH is processed by the liver into IGF-1) levels before and after HGH to be sure you have the real thing. Fake HGH is common, look for online labs that will test for you.
    That's 4iu a day? What were/are your igf-1 levels?

Fit N Fun is offline Associate Member
    From memory my IGF-1 level was tested at 424 ng/ml. My test had to be sent international airmail to the US lab for testing, so might have de-graded some in transit.

I am well into my 50's, if you look here http://www.hghnstuff.com/refhghartigf.htm you will see that my natural IGF-1 level should be in the range of 85 to 225, so am 200 to 300 mg/ml above my natural level.

I am going to stay on till the middle of summer and might retest later to see what my natural level is

Thread Information