Thread: T4 is a must

mhafez is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up T4 is a must

I'm just sharing this for new guys like myself, and anyone who doesn't usndrstand studies that much. When I first started researching about hgh I read a study about the importance of T4, and a lot of threads with and against the use of T4 with hgh, but it was all theoretical so I thought maybe It's better to start without it. I started my cycle reaching to 4 iu/5 days a week. For 3 months I noticed fat loss and muscle development, but on the 4th month I decided taking 0.75 T4 ED, and since then I've experienced a lot of improvement in the hgh effect, I'm losing much more fat. I wish I took this decision earlier.

miimo is offline New Member
    Hi There, could u please explain, what is the t4

joefromhere is offline New Member
    Sorry , i can not post link , but there is some onfo from wiki :
    The thyroid hormones, thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), are tyrosine-based hormones produced by the thyroid gland primarily responsible for regulation of metabolism. Iodine is important for the production of T3 and T4. A deficiency of iodine leads to decreased production of T3 and T4, enlarges the thyroid tissue and this will cause the disease known as goitre. The major form of thyroid hormone in the blood is thyroxine (T4), which has a longer half-life than T3. The ratio of T4 to T3 released into the blood is roughly 20 to 1. Thyroxine is converted to the active T3 (three to four times more potent than T4) within cells by deiodinases (5'-iodinase).
    Both T3 and T4 are used to treat thyroid hormone deficiency (hypothyroidism). They are both absorbed well by the gut, so can be given orally. Levothyroxine is the pharmaceutical name (INN) of physiological thyroxine (T4), which is metabolised more slowly than T3 and hence usually only needs once-daily administration. Natural desiccated thyroid hormones are derived from pig thyroid glands, and are a "natural" hypothyroid treatment containing 20% T3 and traces of T2, T1 and calcitonin. Also available are synthetic combinations of T3/T4 in different ratios (such as liotrix) and pure-T3 medications (INN: liothyronine). Levothyroxine is usually the first course of treatment tried. Some patients feel they do better on desiccated thyroid hormones, however, this is based on anecdotal evidence and no clinical trials have shown any benefit over the biosynthetic forms.
    Thyroid hormones (T4 and T3) are produced by the follicular cells of the thyroid gland and are regulated by TSH made by the thyrotrophs of the anterior pituitary gland. Because the effects of T4 in vivo are mediated via T3 (T4 is converted to T3 in target tissues), T3 is 3- to 5- fold more active than T4.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good info...I think the use of T4 w/ HGH also depends on the amount of HGH you're running. So say someone is only pinning 2iu HGH/day then T4 probably isn't as necessary as say someone pinning 4/5IU. None-the-less I'm glad you're getting more bang for you buck now w/ the T4

Thread Information