Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Biggest "Flaw" I see with taking peps...

I've been taking peptides for almost a year now. yes, i see some results, not sure how much would be allocated to the peps though. But here's the thing that concerns me with peps. You have to take them on an empty stomach 3x a day. Really? See, I'm eating every two hours or so, so I've been rushing it and taking on an other than empty stomach. Which limits the effectiveness of the pep. I take on waking, which is a no brainer, and then eating 15 to 20 minutes later. Before bed is slightly problematic, since really not on an empty stomach, same as with the mid day pin. So it looks like after a year (about $150/mo i might add) I'm seeing marginal results.

Anyone else with thoughts on the subject?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I've been taking peptides for almost a year now. yes, i see some results, not sure how much would be allocated to the peps though. But here's the thing that concerns me with peps. You have to take them on an empty stomach 3x a day. Really? See, I'm eating every two hours or so, so I've been rushing it and taking on an other than empty stomach. Which limits the effectiveness of the pep. I take on waking, which is a no brainer, and then eating 15 to 20 minutes later. Before bed is slightly problematic, since really not on an empty stomach, same as with the mid day pin. So it looks like after a year (about $150/mo i might add) I'm seeing marginal results.

Anyone else with thoughts on the subject?
    I also found the food thing quite hard, but worked round it. AM shot was easy proir to having a shower, shave, immediately on waking. PWO was also ok and the added hunger helped me destroy large PWO solid meals. I think the pre-ded shot is impossible if you're taking in food (solid or otherwise) before bed also. This is where you need to choose what you ingest wisely. Pure protein, pure whey isolate was what I was taking or anything similar with minimal fat.

Razor is offline Banned
    This is the number one reason why i tossed my petides out the window, that and I dont think they work. I would rather pin gh and slin then eat and not have to worry about taking this stuff on an empty stomach. plus I have to take t4 on one so thats enough for me.

Chuckdiesel is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro's, this is a post I made a while back outlining my current diet along with when and how I used my peptides. Im sure its not to the same volume as you guys may eat but it follows a similar frequency, not exactly 2 hours between every single meal but again 2-3 hours is plenty suffice to accommodate a positive nitrogen balance with a great flow of nutrients constantly to my muscles...but its an example of how I fit it all in and from all the medical journals, personal experience and the few with medical degrees who specialize in this area I have talked to, peptides exhibit a great influence towards the body. Sure It may not be as drastic or dramatic as using hgh and insulin together, but to those who dont have the money or abilities to use such strong anabolic agents in their routine, or to those who seek more of a recreational use of these compounds, as opposed to using them for building a body to dominate the competition on the stage, they are a very strong tool for one to add to their daily lifting lives...not here to start controversy or argument, but just an opposing view towards the main topic at hand

4:00 a.m. 150mcg ghrp 6
    4:30 a.m. 25 grams whey isolate
    25 grams karbolyn
    5:30 a.m. 4 egg whites w/1 yolk scrambled
    75 grams 1% cottage cheese
    1 medium/large banana
    2 slices ezekiel bread spread w/ butter and peanut butter
    8 oz 1% milk
    8 oz V8

1g time released vitamin C
    99mg potassium asporotate
    200mg magnesium malate
    100mg B complex
    10,000 iu vitamin D
    400 iu vitamin E
    750mg MSM
    1g taurine

8:30 a.m. 9 oz can chunk light tuna drained
    100g sweet peas
    75g brown rice

10:30 a.m. 120mcg ghrp 6

11:30 a.m. 10 oz chicken breast
    8-12 oz sweet potato, minus the skin, baked
    75g brown rice

50mg B complex
    200mg magnesium malate
    1g taurine
    750mg MSM

2:00 p.m. 4 egg whites w/ 1 yolk scrambled
    75g brown rice
    1 medium/large banana

3:30 p.m. 120mcg ipamorelin
    120mcg mod grf 1-29

4:00 p.m. 2 slices ezekiel bread w/ butter and peanut butter
    8 oz 1% milk

200mg magnesium malate
    1g taurine

6:00 p.m. 10 oz chicken breast
    75g brown rice
    8:30 p.m. 120mcg ipamorelin
    120mcg mod grf 1-29
    9:00 p.m. 200g 1% cottage cheese
    8 oz 1% milk

How much does food affect GHRP/GHRH effectiveness?

my understanding is that taking peps on an otherwise not empty stomach has a significant impact on effectiveness.....

my understanding is that taking peps on an otherwise not empty stomach has a significant impact on effectiveness.....
    From what I understand its the GHRP peptides...ghrp 2, ghrp 6, and ipamorelin, hexarelin, that are ghrelinmimetics and an empty stomach to maximize benefit but your ghrh, like cjc 1295 (mod grf 1-29) or sermorelin, are a growth hormone secretagogue and act by causing the pituitary to release gh. If one takes ghrp's then yes an empty stomach is necessary but the growth releasing factors do not require an empty stomach and can be taken whenever

I'm taking cjc-1295 and ghrp-6

Razor is offline Banned
    I just dont see the use of them vs gh..i could pin maximum abosorption with peptides 5X a day and still get 100X more results with 3-4ius ED of synthetic gh.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    I just dont see the use of them vs gh..i could pin maximum abosorption with peptides 5X a day and still get 100X more results with 3-4ius ED of synthetic gh.
    Oh of course, I couldn't disagree with you any there...but when comparing cost/effectiveness the peptides, now im not saying in every individual as results will vary from person to person, I would say come out on top...unless there are some dirt cheap chinese generics out there that are producing outstanding results. I guess im more pro peptide because im not a competitive bodybuilder. Im just recreational with my lifting but happen to take it extremely seriously, but not enough to pump out that kind of money...but maybe someday i'll have to give synthetic gh a run lol

I'm taking cjc-1295 and ghrp-6
    In humans, a dose of 1.5mcg/kg (150mcg for a 100kg male) of GHRP-2 or GHRP-6 when combined with a modified GRF 1-29 of equal dosage creates a three-hour pulse of GH

that is double the amplitude of an a IU synthetic (e.coli derived) growth hormone dose. Intramuscular and subcutaneous routes lead to different onset times but roughly

similar peaks and declines. Due to ease of synthesis (as opposed to the complicated process of creating GH from e. coli), safety, and lower cost, modified GRF 1-29 together

with GHRP-2, GHRP- 6 or the newer Ipamorelin, taken as part of comprehensive therapy may supplant conventional exogenous GH therapy.

thats a little excerpt from some literature i found a while back on the two peptides. When I come across the graphs i found i'll have to post the link but from memory they were comparing a single 8 iu injection of synthetic gh to these peptides. Only difference is the spike was 3 hours long as opposed to a 12 hour onset, peak, and decline synthetic gh created. It better mimicked the bodys natural way of producing gh and therefore led to a greater benefit to side effect ratio.

markdbg is offline Associate Member
    the biggest flaw is peps dont work. even if some do work. there expensive for what they give u, ur better off saving ur money for more GH and running more/better brands of gear.high dose of gh and some gear is all one needs to become 250 and shredded.

GH+GEAR =proven to be all one needs to be a pro bodybuilder

. peptides= proven to be hard on wallet, with no real size or strength gain. and usually end up having a bunk product. and dispapointed costumer.
    Last edited by markdbg; 04-18-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdbg View Post
    the biggest flaw is peps dont work. even if some do work. there expensive for what they give u, ur better off saving ur money for more GH and running more/better brands of gear.high dose of gh and some gear is all one needs to become 250 and shredded.

GH+GEAR =proven to be all one needs to be a pro bodybuilder

. peptides= proven to be hard on wallet, with no real size or strength gain. and usually end up having a bunk product. and dispapointed costumer.
    I would have to slightly disagree...show me the science that proves peptides dont work. Sure im not gaining lots of muscle or inducing hyperplasia, but then again if one were to run gh at doses of at least 5 iu a day to induce hyperplasia, they are looking on spending roughly 25-35 bucks a day in gh to do that and multiply that by 180 days minimum needed to run your looking at $4,500-$6,300 a cycle of gh at a good, trusted brand...not some cheap ass chinese bunk shit that who knows what it is...if one were to dedicate a tenth of that to peptides, one could achieve great results...not anywhere near 5 or more iu a day of gh kind of results, but fantastic results...hell I have been running peps for almost 4 months now and i have made great improvements to my physic. I didn't add inches to my chest or arms but strength, vascularity, and leanness all had been impacted greatly...and I haven't even spent $300 yet on them...point is we are not all trying to be super huge, all time pro bodybuilders but like I said price verses effectiveness is best with peptides over gh...I mean If I spend 4,000 on gh should I expect to drop 60lbs in bodyfat, add 60lbs to my bench and add 3 or more inches to my arms? Probably not even close...not to mention the sides that could possibly be associated with running gh at higher doses and then also having to worry about thyroid function and insulin ...thats a huge chunk for the average or even above average gym rat...so peptides i have shown are not hard on the wallet, size gains...well not a huge amount but some considering im seasoned with gear and im only running 350mg a week of prop and I have gone up in strength by 15% so far and put an 1/8" on my arms...I know for a fact I dont have a bunk product because all the sides associated with an elevated gh level are very prominent and im no where near a disappointed customer...sure I would love to try real gh, but being a family man that balances pride in my body and pride in my family and children and I will never step foot on a stage, it's just not in the cards for me to spend that kind of money on gh, I get enough satisfaction from my peps to tide me over

stating the obvious here, but most GH is not legit. concern #1. GH is expensive. concern #2. getting GH into the USA is problematic right at the moment. concern #3

based on these three concerns, peps have some obvious advantages

Hey brothers, I know this thread is little old, but after joining with datbtrue I have found a TON of useful information about peptides...here is some very useful info I found...it has a bit of info relating to peptide use and using it with and without food. Sorry if im not allowed to copy and paste and I will edit if need be, but the sharing of information is so useful and especially when peptides are lacking the credit they are trying to earn with how beneficial and useful they are, I must pass the word in im an extremely firm believer in the use of peptides

After a meal, somatotropes are temporarily refractory to growth hormone -releasing hormone (GHRH), the principal hormone that stimulates secretion of growth hormone (GH). Refractoriness is particularly evident when free access to feed is restricted to a 2-h period each day. GH-releasing peptide-6 (GHRP-6), a synthetic peptide, also stimulates secretion of GH from somatotropes. Because GHRH and GHRP-6 act via different receptors, we hypothesized that GHRP-6 would increase GHRH-induced secretion of GH after feeding. Initially, we determined that intravenous injection of GHRP-6 at 1, 3 and 10 ug/kg body weight (BW) stimulated secretion of GH in a dose-dependent manner.

Next, we determined that GHRP-6- and GHRH-induced secretion of GH was lower 1 h after feeding (22.5 and 20 ng/ml respectively) than 1 h before feeding (53.5 and 64.5 ng/ml respectively; pooled (S.E.M.=8.5).

However, a combination of GHRP-6 at 3 ug/kg BW and GHRH at 0.2 ug/kg BW synergistically induced an equal and massive release of GH before and after feeding that was fivefold greater than GHRH induced release of GH after feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckdiesel View Post
    Hey brothers, I know this thread is little old, but after joining with datbtrue I have found a TON of useful information about peptides...here is some very useful info I found...it has a bit of info relating to peptide use and using it with and without food. Sorry if im not allowed to copy and paste and I will edit if need be, but the sharing of information is so useful and especially when peptides are lacking the credit they are trying to earn with how beneficial and useful they are, I must pass the word in im an extremely firm believer in the use of peptides

After a meal, somatotropes are temporarily refractory to growth hormone -releasing hormone (GHRH), the principal hormone that stimulates secretion of growth hormone (GH). Refractoriness is particularly evident when free access to feed is restricted to a 2-h period each day. GH-releasing peptide-6 (GHRP-6), a synthetic peptide, also stimulates secretion of GH from somatotropes. Because GHRH and GHRP-6 act via different receptors, we hypothesized that GHRP-6 would increase GHRH-induced secretion of GH after feeding. Initially, we determined that intravenous injection of GHRP-6 at 1, 3 and 10 ug/kg body weight (BW) stimulated secretion of GH in a dose-dependent manner.

Next, we determined that GHRP-6- and GHRH-induced secretion of GH was lower 1 h after feeding (22.5 and 20 ng/ml respectively) than 1 h before feeding (53.5 and 64.5 ng/ml respectively; pooled (S.E.M.=8.5).

However, a combination of GHRP-6 at 3 ug/kg BW and GHRH at 0.2 ug/kg BW synergistically induced an equal and massive release of GH before and after feeding that was fivefold greater than GHRH induced release of GH after feeding.
    Again this bit of information must be accredited to datbtrue

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^good stuff Chuck!

Thanks bro! ^^^This guy knows

Thread Information