Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 453
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Roman's TB-500 log...........

  1. #161
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383

    2.5mg additional above maintenance dose today

    I was on the leg press machine and warming up by adding a plate at a time. i was up to 4 plates, and doing reps at full range of motion when i felt a little "pop" in my crotch, so I immediately stopped for the day on that routine. Later, on the leg abductions, I could feel it in there, so i went light weight and 25 reps and called it a day on that routine also.

    Came home, remembered my majik TB in the upstairs fridge, and pinned 2.5mg to help speed up the healing.

    Hope it works?

  2. #162
    fries's Avatar
    fries is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    90
    Shit. Hopes that it gets you back soon Times!

  3. #163
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    21,762
    Damn TR! I still need to stock up on this to see if it can help with my problems. Hope it helps ya bud cuz that's prob your shifting leg!

  4. #164
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Damn TR! I still need to stock up on this to see if it can help with my problems. Hope it helps ya bud cuz that's prob your shifting leg!
    yep. it is my shifting leg. although i don't shift with my crotch, so I'm ggood

  5. #165
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Hernia? Or is it something you've had issues with before?

  6. #166
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    Hernia? Or is it something you've had issues with before?
    no, no issues before, and not a hernia.

    it reminds me of when i was in martial arts all those long years ago, and I'd be stretching out, as in the splits, yet sitting, and i'd over do it sometimes in the beginning. on the left side.

    woke up this morning, and it's a little more noticeable. not a sharp pain. dull and vague. but it's there.

  7. #167
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    I used to be in martial arts also. Wished I'd stayed with it. I used to could do Chinese splits. If I tried that now...well, I'd rather not think of what would happen.

  8. #168
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Hey Roman! Do you know of any workout routines designed to work around tendonitis? Or do we just have to take it low (weights) and slow (time)? Working back is the hardest. One arm rows (one of my favorites) is just plain murder on my forearm.

  9. #169
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    Hey Roman! Do you know of any workout routines designed to work around tendonitis? Or do we just have to take it low (weights) and slow (time)? Working back is the hardest. One arm rows (one of my favorites) is just plain murder on my forearm.
    need to find a new routine for that muscle group that doesn't hurt. I loved one arm concentration curls, been doing em all my life. but it really wrecks havoc on my tendonitis. so now i've been doing shitty two arm cable curls. not nearly as effective, and it hurts my lower back some, but doesn't effect the tendonitis.

    You just have to experiment and find out what is right for you

  10. #170
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    I used to be in martial arts also. Wished I'd stayed with it. I used to could do Chinese splits. If I tried that now...well, I'd rather not think of what would happen.
    the funny thing is, if I warmed up, even now, I could probably get within 10" of doing verticle splits (as opposed to horizontal, the kind van damme did in blood sport). Always been pretty limber that way. I can get pretty close to putting my chin on my shins, but that would take a day or two of limbering up. Amazingly, I cannot bend backwards much. even laying on my stomach is an issue.

    When i was in the arts, I decided to move to Korea to finish my training and get a black belt. It was a mind fvck, because no one really wanted to train me (it's a family thing) and the ones that did, always asked me how long i was going to live there to determine how much money they could get out of me before they would "give" (as opposed to earn) a black belt. That's when I told em to fvck off and stopped training in the arts.

  11. #171
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    I'm sitting here thinking it has been at least 24 hours since I've noticed any pain (in my #161 window)? I can still feel a slight twinge, but really can't consider that as "pain".

    Still sleeping on my side, and wake up with sore shoulders, but goes away post waking and doesn't interfere at the gym. Tendonitis is still in remission.

  12. #172
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    By the which style did you practice? I was in Tang Soo Do for about 4 or 5 years. Never went to any formal type of school but hooked up with guys who were kind of disillusioned with the politics and money side of the art. It was great for me since they taught me with no fee but I guess I paid it all the same during the sparring sessions! It surely motivated me to learn quickly!

  13. #173
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    By the which style did you practice? I was in Tang Soo Do for about 4 or 5 years. Never went to any formal type of school but hooked up with guys who were kind of disillusioned with the politics and money side of the art. It was great for me since they taught me with no fee but I guess I paid it all the same during the sparring sessions! It surely motivated me to learn quickly!
    I trained in Tae Kwon Do for about 3 years not counting my time in Korea. I don't really count the 6 months or so i "studied" there as i could never find my rhythem and wasn't overly confident in my instructors abilities. I always felt on a good day, i could kick his ass, considering i also outweighted him by almost 40pounds.

    I became interested in Tae Kwon Do my 13thh summer. I was studying Kung Fu at the time at a buddies church, and we had a guest show up mastering in TKD. He did this really incredible flying double back spin kick. Never really seen anything like it since. Prior to that, to me it seemed kung fu was more of a finesse style, and Tae Kwon Do really gutted it out which is why I found a dojo to learn at. This new dojo actually wanted me to pay, so i had to hold off a few months until I pleaded my case to my pops and he finally agreed to pry open his dusty wallet and let me join.

  14. #174
    stpete is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kitchen, Gym, Kitchen....
    Posts
    13,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm sitting here thinking it has been at least 24 hours since I've noticed any pain (in my #161 window)? I can still feel a slight twinge, but really can't consider that as "pain".

    Still sleeping on my side, and wake up with sore shoulders, but goes away post waking and doesn't interfere at the gym. Tendonitis is still in remission.
    This is good and what i like to hear. Glad you have some relief. And time for stpete to start putting some money aside.

  15. #175
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383

    2.5mg "Maintenance Dose"

    Well mates. Today was leg day, and had to take it easy on the leg press. My left abductos longus tendon is still bothering me (inner crotch tendon), so I just did 2 sets of 30 reps at 100lbs, real slowly. disappointed, i came home and pinned another 2.5mg of the TB.

    Shoulders seem to be bothering me a little today as well. but if you look at my 3:1 protocol thread, I lumped in military press in with my legs ttoday, so hopefully that is something that will go away by tomorrow.

    My tendonitis still seems to be in remission.

  16. #176
    fries's Avatar
    fries is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    90
    Times are you still running a 2mg a week dosage or are you doing the 2mg every other week? It seems to have done well with fixing up injuries while still using and abusing them. Im hoping a quick recovery with your new pain as well.

    Lets hope once fixed it stays fixed when you cycle off. If not, the positives of this compound might be strong enough to be worth using long term.

  17. #177
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    13,528
    Thanks for the link to this thread. Hmmmm. U think this is working for the tendinitis for shoulder?

  18. #178
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Thanks for the link to this thread. Hmmmm. U think this is working for the tendinitis for shoulder?
    I've been recommonding TB500 to other people now. I wouldn't do that unless I was confident enough in the product. My son is pinning now for his shoulder injury too. My tendonitis is in remission, and my shoulders seem much better.

    It is inexpensive enough, imo, to at least give it a try if one has similar symptoms.

  19. #179
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383

    2.5mg dose

    Not sure if this is considered maintenance anymore since so soon since last pin. Trying to get the leg tendon healed up pronto.

    I'm not sure what the maintenance protocol is all about. One can still get injured while maintaining, as I can now attest to. Is it possible that the injury is not so severe, or that the healing time will be significantly reduced? Hard to tell since nothing to compare it to. Will keep you posted.

    ---Roman

  20. #180
    fries's Avatar
    fries is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    90
    I don't think it prevents injuries in anyway, but I feel that it definitely helps to heal them. I'm excited to see how quickly the tb500 makes work of your newest injury, since you've been on it for a while.

    Also, have you noticed minor strength gains?

  21. #181
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by fries View Post
    I don't think it prevents injuries in anyway, but I feel that it definitely helps to heal them. I'm excited to see how quickly the tb500 makes work of your newest injury, since you've been on it for a while.

    Also, have you noticed minor strength gains?
    Mate,
    I think that maybe as the relief from the pain of injuries allows one to intensify one's workout, and the perceived "minor strength gains" may be attributable to that.

    But yes, I've noticed my results in the gym have bbeen improving.

    Additionally, i've just started a 3:1 workout protocol.

    Very very difficult for me to say that TB500 exhibits minor strength gains. But my gut tells me no.

  22. #182
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    I don't see how it would help prevent injuries unless it was adding something to your system that was lacking. BUT if it helps healing then it is a wonderful thing anyway you look at it.

  23. #183
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    I don't see how it would help prevent injuries unless it was adding something to your system that was lacking. BUT if it helps healing then it is a wonderful thing anyway you look at it.
    so again, what is the purpose of the maintenance dose of 2.5mg/mo?

    not really expecting an answer from you braz, just throwing it out there to see if someone more knowledgable than I has an idea?

  24. #184
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    13,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I've been recommonding TB500 to other people now. I wouldn't do that unless I was confident enough in the product. My son is pinning now for his shoulder injury too. My tendonitis is in remission, and my shoulders seem much better.

    It is inexpensive enough, imo, to at least give it a try if one has similar symptoms.
    good to hear. working on getting mri on shoulder. anyone your treating have tears in ligaments and tendons??? i have those in my ankle plus the tendonitis and fluid. seems i am headed under the knife! yikes!!!

  25. #185
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    good to hear. working on getting mri on shoulder. anyone your treating have tears in ligaments and tendons??? i have those in my ankle plus the tendonitis and fluid. seems i am headed under the knife! yikes!!!
    sometimes ya just gotta take a chance and give it a try for yourself.

    TBH, I haven't really ran across anyone that wasn't happy with the results. this doesn't mean it will work for you. but for maybe a hundred bucks or so for six week supply, it seems a small price to pay for a pretty big upside.........?

  26. #186
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    13,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    sometimes ya just gotta take a chance and give it a try for yourself.

    TBH, I haven't really ran across anyone that wasn't happy with the results. this doesn't mean it will work for you. but for maybe a hundred bucks or so for six week supply, it seems a small price to pay for a pretty big upside.........?
    i would consider that investment, but i haven't gotten my check yet...thinking it got sent to you for accounting advice.

  27. #187
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    i would consider that investment, but i haven't gotten my check yet...thinking it got sent to you for accounting advice.
    Yeah, sorry about that. We'll be issuing Roman Bucks instead.

    The good news is that it is redeamable for ol' Roman's sage advice and experienced insight! =)

  28. #188
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383

    2.5mg "maintenance" dose

    This was pinned friday. I can't tell by the dates, since the thread dates all say "yesterday".

    anyways, yesterday was leg day. the tendon is feeling improved. i was able to comfortably leg press 350 lbs 15x, and then back down the pyramid. Not much, i admit. but considering 4 days ago, I was only able to comfortably press 100lbs without fear of ripping something, this is good progress!!!

  29. #189
    yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,572
    Times i am on all your stuff a part TB500, using MSM powder this taste awful not sure how you take it, i got the NOW brand yuke i have to mix this in crysal light, i also get the arginine 10g before bed this seems to be amazing.

    Could TB500 help with my ligament laxity issue? i also take Cissus apparently it helps with ligaments.

  30. #190
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Times i am on all your stuff a part TB500, using MSM powder this taste awful not sure how you take it, i got the NOW brand yuke i have to mix this in crysal light, i also get the arginine 10g before bed this seems to be amazing.

    Could TB500 help with my ligament laxity issue? i also take Cissus apparently it helps with ligaments.
    I put the MSM powder straight in my mouth and wash down with water. if you don't breathe through your nose you won't taste it.

    I stopped with the arginine pre bed due to no longer effective as a secretague for blokes my age.

    ligament laxity is not an injury, nor a wound, so i don't know how helpful TB500 would be?

    Ever read that book called Hundred Monkeys? it more or less is an observation of a single monkey washing his potato in the river, rinsing off the sand, before eating. next there are two monkeys doing it. pretty soon, a critical mass is reached, and then ALL hundred monkeys on this island are doing it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_Monkey_Effect

    it seeems that the same thing may be happening with TB500 here at the board. We now have maybe half a dozen TB500 journals going, and three times as many people using it right at the moment that i am aware of. I'm starting to think that maybe I'll just always have some on hand "just in case", as even the pulled tendon in my left leg from something like 10 days ago seems much better. Pretty amazing stuff if you ask me.

  31. #191
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    13,528
    TR, is TB500 is temporary dosage; not long term correct??? and if temporary, r we talking 1 month, 3 months??? just trying to get some perspective on protocal for healing. t/y

  32. #192
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    TR, is TB500 is temporary dosage; not long term correct??? and if temporary, r we talking 1 month, 3 months??? just trying to get some perspective on protocal for healing. t/y
    yes, the dosage is supposed to be temporary. in other words, you run a six week protocol. after that, if you like, you can run a 1x a month maintenance dose. it's still not clear to me what the purpose of the maintenance dose is. it may reduce the severity of an injury, as my tendon injury was fairly mild, and seems to be healing quickly. I honestly don't have enough experience, as this is my first encounter. Personally, I'm going to stick with TB for awhile, as it seems to be to be what the doctor "should have ordered".

  33. #193
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    yes, the dosage is supposed to be temporary. in other words, you run a six week protocol. after that, if you like, you can run a 1x a month maintenance dose. it's still not clear to me what the purpose of the maintenance dose is. it may reduce the severity of an injury, as my tendon injury was fairly mild, and seems to be healing quickly. I honestly don't have enough experience, as this is my first encounter. Personally, I'm going to stick with TB for awhile, as it seems to be to be what the doctor "should have ordered".
    The maintenance dose may just provide long term healing at a lower level than you are aware of. I imagine even in our day to day life, without the added stress of lifting, we tear down our bodies to one degree or another.

  34. #194
    stpete is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kitchen, Gym, Kitchen....
    Posts
    13,716
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    i would consider that investment, but i haven't gotten my check yet...thinking it got sent to you for accounting advice.
    hahaha...That's good stuff!

    My friend, you're not keeping a log anywhere of your 3:1? You will get gains but make the most of your off days. I'm glad i stuck it out. Now back to a 2:1 for me.

    Good Luck, Buddy.

  35. #195
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    hahaha...That's good stuff!

    My friend, you're not keeping a log anywhere of your 3:1? You will get gains but make the most of your off days. I'm glad i stuck it out. Now back to a 2:1 for me.

    Good Luck, Buddy.
    Yes sir! I am keeping a log. It's in a 50cent note book the kids buy for school, and it's a pencil and paper thing. I'll tell you what Mr. Pete, the 3:1 is more intense than i've been doing. I'm pooped!! I've been eating like a horse, keeping my stomach full at all times. You know how hard it is to lift on a full stomach, so you won't be surprised when i tell you that today was especially difficult as I think my stomach was TOO full. I'm bouncing between 240 and 241. Goal is 250 by year end, so should be able to get there.

    I banged the shit outta my shin at the seated cable pulls, and now it's a big cherry welt looking thing. I swear, it looks like the damn thing is angrily looking at me!

  36. #196
    stpete is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kitchen, Gym, Kitchen....
    Posts
    13,716
    LMAO!!!! You're too much. You'll have to share at some point.

    Glad you're enjoying the workout. It's a bitch, huh? That's why i say be very good on your off days! I was silly and went and did cardio/abs on some of those days and it just killed me. But the gains came.

    You doing those pulls w/a straight bar? Cool. I forgot about that bar. Will employ it next. And that's nothing a bag of ice and and a Jack and Coke won't cure. haha...

    Keep up the good work, my man!!

  37. #197
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    LMAO!!!! You're too much. You'll have to share at some point.

    Glad you're enjoying the workout. It's a bitch, huh? That's why i say be very good on your off days! I was silly and went and did cardio/abs on some of those days and it just killed me. But the gains came.

    You doing those pulls w/a straight bar? Cool. I forgot about that bar. Will employ it next. And that's nothing a bag of ice and and a Jack and Coke won't cure. haha...

    Keep up the good work, my man!!
    yes, i do the pull downs with the straight bar. i try to keep the weight real light so my form is 100% and not pulling with other ancillary muscles. I see guys ass's leaving the seats, pulling the heavy weights, bouncing around, and then i sit down and do maybe only 150lbs. but when i get up, it hurts where it is supposed to hurt.

    there is a huge difference between what I've been doing my entire life (back yard gym) and going to a proper gym. learning good form is not as easy as it seems. I try to learn by watching others and watching videos on youtube. now that I think i've a pretty good handle on form (still needs improvement though), it's become real easy to spot those that really don't know what they are doing.

    I also am beginning to understand that good form helps to prevent injury, since for one, not slinging around a bunch of heavy weight.

  38. #198
    Brazensol's Avatar
    Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Do not squat with a full stomach! It's not pretty...

  39. #199
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol View Post
    Do not squat with a full stomach! It's not pretty...
    Braz's tip of the day....


    ....Priceless! =)

  40. #200
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    The question came up whether I thought a semi weekly injection of TB would be more effective than a weekly injection. Here was my response....

    the quick answer is i do not know.

    however, there are clues to your answer out there:

    *there are many out there that only pin TB once a week, myself included.

    *TB is reconstituted with water, not oil, and therefore is absorbed immediately, not time release. If we were worried about maintaining a stable blood plasma level, like we do when we pin aas, then we would have one of two options: 1) esterfy it somehow like you do with test e or c, or... 2) pin daily

    *Because it is effective for me when i pin weekly, I seriously doubt that maintaining a stable blood plasma level has anything to do with the effectiveness. Therefore I doubt semi weekly pinning is any more effective than weekly pinning.

    *There are many injectibles that do their work without maintaining a stable blood plasma level, such as allergy shots, vaccines, and that sort of thing.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •