c-funk is offline New Member

Difference between IGF LR3 and IGF

Has anyone of you used "regular" IGF? I'm wondering what the downsides of this would be, since IGF is available to me through coincidence and IGF LR3 is not, at least not at affordable prices...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    c-funk,

Before they discovered LR3 IGF-1, all we had was IGF-1. Many have used IGF-1 for years with success but when they started producing LR3 IGF-1 the regular IGF-1 suddnley became not so popular. I guess LR3 ended up being everybody's favourite.

Anyway, huIGF-1 (IGF-1) is bioidentical which contains a 70 amino acid sequence. Since huIGF-1 is very short lived, it doesn't have enough time to spread itself to other tissues and receptors in the body. Most of this IGF sticks around the injection site making it very beneficial for local site growth.

Long R3 IGF-1 (LR3 IGF-1) on the other hand is the modified version of huIGF-1. This type of IGF contains a 83 amino acid sequence and works a little different to huIGF-1. Long R3 IGF-1 is in your system for many hours post injection, meaning it doesn't necessaraly have to be injected in the muscle just trained.

Most people use LR3 IGF-1 these days, but if you are after enhancing a certain body part I say defenitely try and get your hands on some IGF-1 even though most sources don't carry this type of IGF anymore. I guess LR3 must have really taken over.

Hope that helped.

-Gear

First of all, thanks a lot for your reply and also thanks for the reply in the other thread I started, I really appreciate it! This is very useful information.

So I suppose the known side effects, possible uncontrolled growth of malignant cells, growth of bones etc would not be an issue with IGF. Right?

I've done some readin myself and came up with a text where the author explained how the IGF behaves exactly like IGF LR3, meaning it will get out of the muscle tissue and into your bloodstream. But there it will be metabolized quickly, while IGF LR3 cannot be metabolized by the responsible enzymes.

So this would mean that the dosage used should be exactly the same, since all binding sites will be saturated at a certain dosage. One could assume that the dosage can be upped since it will not cause undesired growth in other boy parts, but I suppose that's not true. Have there been studies on this?

Again, thanks a lot for your help! This material sounds even more appealing than IGF LR3 in regards to muscle growth, but the positive side effects, the "rejuvenating" aspects, the strengthening of bone tissue and connective tissue in ligaments etc will not be observed. Aye, correct me if I'm wrong.

Have you personally tried IGF (not LR3)?

Btw, since this stuff is basically available for free in small amounts for me, I'm curious: Have there been studies on the amount of IGF binding sites in penisses corpus cavernosum and corpus spongiosum? If there are, IGF would make an excellent penis enlarger.

Quote Originally Posted by c-funk View Post
    First of all, thanks a lot for your reply and also thanks for the reply in the other thread I started, I really appreciate it! This is very useful information.
    Not a problem, anytime.

So I suppose the known side effects, possible uncontrolled growth of malignant cells, growth of bones etc would not be an issue with IGF. Right?
    You would think it wouldn't be an issue but I would have to see some studies conducted on this before I can 100% confirm that.

Have you personally tried IGF (not LR3)?
    I have never used IGF-1, only LR3.

-Gear

Btw, since this stuff is basically available for free in small amounts for me, I'm curious: Have there been studies on the amount of IGF binding sites in penisses corpus cavernosum and corpus spongiosum? If there are, IGF would make an excellent penis enlarger.
    Oh dear, you are not supposed to tell the whole world your problem

Once again we would need to see some studies done in order to know if IGF would be beneficial in that department. I'm not sure about putting needles down there though.

Thanls c-funk.

-Gear

Ah, back from my trip to Berlin and again, thanks for the answer!
    I have another questions about the dosage of IGF measured against that of IGF-1 LR3.

I've read that the molecular weight of IGF-1 is 7,649 Da.
    That of IGF-LR3 is supposedly "approximately 9150 Da, a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 83 amino acids"

Does this mean the dosage of regular IGF is about 4/5th of the IGF-LR3 dosage?

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Im also interested in IGF1 as it is available to me and really havent read too much into it.

What would the doses be used? How often should it be inejcted, PWO only or multiple times thoughout the day? Is it less stable in solution versus Lr3?

Ah, back from my trip to Berlin and again, thanks for the answer!
    I have another questions about the dosage of IGF measured against that of IGF-1 LR3.

I've read that the molecular weight of IGF-1 is 7,649 Da.
    That of IGF-LR3 is supposedly "approximately 9150 Da, a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 83 amino acids"

Does this mean the dosage of regular IGF is about 4/5th of the IGF-LR3 dosage?
    In terms of strength, I haven't come across anything indicating one is stronger than the other. In this case, a single formula has been modified making the new formula work a little different due to the additional chains, so the additional chains doesn't necessaraly make the compound stronger, it only means that particular compound works differently, and having said that I would say you wouldn't need to take more when taking huIGF-1, that's the way I see it.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Im also interested in IGF1 as it is available to me and really havent read too much into it.

What would the doses be used? How often should it be inejcted, PWO only or multiple times thoughout the day? Is it less stable in solution versus Lr3?
    Dose wise, just treat it same as LR3. Typically beginners will start with about 40mcg daily, 60 - 80mcg seems to be what most people are happy with and anything over 80mcg would be considered a high dose.

As said above, since huIGF-1 alomost doesn't leave the injected site it would be best to inject this type of IGF-1 immidietly PWO. On off days you can inject in the AM in the muscle you previously trained.

Stability wise, once again treat it the same as LR3. Before reconstitution, it will come in lyophilized powder and as long as it is in that form it is good for at least 2 years providing it is kept at 2 - 4 degrees celsius.

-Gear

Furthermore...

How about stability of this stuff? Is it stable in acidic water like IGF LR3?? My friend told me that it'd only be stable at room temp when it's still dry... Any info would be much appreciated. Maybe from someone who's actually used it before.

IGF-1's is stability is the same as LR3-IGF-1. It will last 2 years non mixed.

-Gear

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    good info gear!

great, so i could mix it with acetic acid and be good at room temp for a while. sounds great. 4mg sitting here.

EDIT: acetic acid plus saline solution for injection purposes from the pharmacy that is of course.

another thing: im a bit worried about bacteria getting into the goodies. as we all know, some of these can cause deadly infections that no antibiotic can stand up to. so would the igf withstand 1% benzyl alcohol in the solution?? has this been done by anyone?
    Last edited by c-funk; 04-23-2008 at 08:03 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    great, so i could mix it with acetic acid and be good at room temp for a while. sounds great. 4mg sitting here.

EDIT: acetic acid plus saline solution for injection purposes from the pharmacy that is of course.

another thing: im a bit worried about bacteria getting into the goodies. as we all know, some of these can cause deadly infections that no antibiotic can stand up to. so would the igf withstand 1% benzyl alcohol in the solution?? has this been done by anyone?
    Bump, good question.

Also, with the LR3-IGF-1 since you do not have to inject as often or in the muscle worked can I assume then that you inject in the back side?

I'm sure something as such has been done before but I don't believe it's necessary especially if you are dealing with pharmaceutical grade HGH.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Also, with the LR3-IGF-1 since you do not have to inject as often or in the muscle worked can I assume then that you inject in the back side?
    Even though LR3 can be administrated sub-q, it would be best if this compound is taken IM. Having said that, injecting LR3 in your back side would work but wouldn't be your best option.

-Gear

seanL is offline New Member
    Hi, new to this stuff, so how much should I use a day, and how do I use it? Also does it work better a long, or better when stacking with something else?
    Last edited by seanL; 05-02-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Hi Sean and welcome to AR.

Please use the search button before asking any questions and when you do ask questions please start a new thread.

Thank you.

-Gear

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Im going to bump this up, it has lots of good answers for some newbies.

Good idea lego, thank you.

-Gear

antscott is offline New Member
    cumon keep this thread going, some good reading, im getting talked into it!

lifterforlife is offline New Member

interesting

Im getting talked into it too!

chainsaw1 is offline New Member
    I don't even know if you can buy regular IGF now, all I ever seen was LR3.

Baron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw1 View Post
    I don't even know if you can buy regular IGF now, all I ever seen was LR3.
    i barely even see places that sell LR3 anymore.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    i barely even see places that sell LR3 anymore.

Because people are hip it doesn't work. So no one sells it anymore

Baron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Because people are hip it doesn't work. So no one sells it anymore
    According to you regular igf-1 is wat actually works. So wouldnt the opposite be true? I dont see many places selling L3 anymore, but out of all my sources (alot) not a single one sells regular igf-1.

eljugo16 is offline Associate Member
    bump great thread

H2Okid is offline Associate Member
    bump

Football47 is offline New Member
    Some really good info here
    Last edited by Football47; 10-04-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Thread Information