danimoz is offline New Member

Help with insulin timing

My current schedule forces me to work out at night so I have been taking insulin in the morning. Will taking insulin only in the morning work for muscle gains? Or does it have to be taken post workout. If so I will have to find a way to change my schedule

Quote Originally Posted by danimoz View Post
    My current schedule forces me to work out at night so I have been taking insulin in the morning. Will taking insulin only in the morning work for muscle gains? Or does it have to be taken post workout. If so I will have to find a way to change my schedule
    Bump

Bump

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When taking it at night I take it preworkout with the necessary amount of carbs and have gatorade on hand during the workout. This way it clears before I go to sleep. Humalin-r

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What type of insulin do you use? I've been using Humalog and pinning it IM after my workout around 6:30 then going to bed around 10-10:30 and I've never gone hypo around bedtime as pinning IM will make the slin clear even faster than the suggested (3-5 hour) window. I will add you have to be more careful w/ pinning slin IM as it hits you much harder so immediately after I pin I chug my dextrose/whey shake. I then follow this up w/ a meal an hour later and have a casein shake before bed to insure I don't go hypo.

Thread Information