Your experience with Insulin?

What were your results with insulin alone or with hgh/peptides?

No one? I thought people liked to talk about themselves.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Not too many folks on here run insulin . And you'd have more luck being more specific.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    insulin is more for the advanced users such a people who compete. I have researched it off and on for several years and the more I read the more I am convinced it's NOT for me and I would not want to risk going into to shock or becoming diabetic. The risks far outweigh the benefits for most of us.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just finished my first insulin cycle yesterday. I took humalin-r on workout days. Either 4 or 5 days a week depending on my schedule. At first I just took it pwo and then morning and pwo. I worked my way up to 15iu 2x per day (4x per week). I took a high dose of test, peptides, and t3 for the final few weeks. I gained quality size and I'm pleased with how things went.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    insulin is more for the advanced users such a people who compete. I have researched it off and on for several years and the more I read the more I am convinced it's NOT for me and I would not want to risk going into to shock or becoming diabetic. The risks far outweigh the benefits for most of us.
    I thought it was pretty much an over hyped risk of becoming diabetic

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    I just finished my first insulin cycle yesterday. I took humalin-r on workout days. Either 4 or 5 days a week depending on my schedule. At first I just took it pwo and then morning and pwo. I worked my way up to 15iu 2x per day (4x per week). I took a high dose of test, peptides, and t3 for the final few weeks. I gained quality size and I'm pleased with how things went.
    How many iu's did you start with? I'm thinking 2iu's in the morning and 2iu's post workout to start with and work my way up.

Sworder is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    I thought it was pretty much an over hyped risk of becoming diabetic
    It is. Most everything with insulin is hyped up.. My first shot all the paranoia from forum bullshit took effect and all the psychosomatic effects hit me. As long as you monitor your BG and have carbs available you will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    How many iu's did you start with? I'm thinking 2iu's in the morning and 2iu's post workout to start with and work my way up.
    Start with 5iu, seriously pete the first day before you do insulin just monitor your BG as if you were doing the insulin and you will be golden. I would start PWO and add the morning later. My morning BG is very low so I don't touch it at that time.

2iu won't affect your BG a lot, do you have a meter?
    Last edited by Sworder; 11-25-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    2iu's will do nothing. I started with 5iu's pwo. I took in 75g carbs (ultra fuel) with that and didn't "feel" anything.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    Start with 5iu, seriously pete the first day before you do insulin just monitor your BG as if you were doing the insulin and you will be golden. I would start PWO and add the morning later. My morning BG is very low so I don't touch it at that time.

2iu won't affect your BG a lot, do you have a meter?
    OK, that sounds good. No, i don't have one yet.

2iu's will do nothing. I started with 5iu's pwo. I took in 75g carbs (ultra fuel) with that and didn't "feel" anything.
    OK, it's unanimous. I'll start at 5iu's PWO and do what you did hankdiesel w/75g carbs.

Thanks, guys!

didn't really mean to rip your thread S&S. Maybe this helps you too?

kmms is offline Productive Member
    I believe general consensus is 10g cho per iu, so 50 for 5 with some extra available if necessary, otherwise you'll just be adding some additional fat to your frame every day.

Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    I believe general consensus is 10g cho per iu, so 50 for 5 with some extra available if necessary, otherwise you'll just be adding some additional fat to your frame every day.
    That's typically how people go hypo. Use BG as a guide not a iu:carb ratio.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i agree you should have a meter and check your BG. But you need to start somewhere with the carb:iu ratio. You can adjust it once you know how you react.
    And that is how diabetics do it. They have a ratio of carb to iu dosage they take
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

sure, but you have to start somewhere. if you plan for 10 to 1 and have some extra on hand you should have a solid base for learning how quickly and extensively the shit works. you might need only 8 or maybe you need 12 but if you take insulin you better believe you are in school from the moment the bell rings. i grew up living with my grandparents and my grandfather was a "brittle" diabetic and his BG would shoot from one extreme to another so from the time i was 10 or so he taught me everything about it so he'd have an extra safety net if something went wrong.

sure, but you have to start somewhere. if you plan for 10 to 1 and have some extra on hand you should have a solid base for learning how quickly and extensively the shit works. you might need only 8 or maybe you need 12 but if you take insulin you better believe you are in school from the moment the bell rings. i grew up living with my grandparents and my grandfather was a "brittle" diabetic and his BG would shoot from one extreme to another so from the time i was 10 or so he taught me everything about it so he'd have an extra safety net if something went wrong.
    Yes, that is a good starting point. I agree, but the BG should always be your best friend. It will tell you when you need more or when you need less. A lot of guys run slin WITHOUT a BG meter thinking they just need to abide by a ratio, that ends up having them go hypo or too fat. I don't want to see that happening.

Yes, that is a good starting point. I agree, but the BG should always be your best friend. It will tell you when you need more or when you need less. A lot of guys run slin WITHOUT a BG meter thinking they just need to abide by a ratio, that ends up having them go hypo or too fat. I don't want to see that happening.
    i understand your point and agree with you. your comment above about using the meter before ever starting with insulin is a helpful one for sure. the problem with insulin for bb purposes (i.e. you don't need it) means that the average person doesn't have any point of reference unless they've researched and preferably spoken with and/or sat down with a diabetic for a meal. watching a diabetic check BG, assess, prepare a meal, pin and eat is a better education than reading a book imho.

i would err on the side of just a few extra carbs stored as fat vs the alternative. it is just a bit easier to lose that fat than to build a muscle.

I agree.

Pwo my body can take in 75g carbs. In that anabolic state my muscles will soak up the glycogen. Just because I take a 5iu shot of insulin doesn't mean I'll be "adding some additional fat to my frame every day."

Pwo my body can take in 75g carbs. In that anabolic state my muscles will soak up the glycogen. Just because I take a 5iu shot of insulin doesn't mean I'll be "adding some additional fat to my frame every day."
    if that's what you took from that, a course in reading comprehension would help

if that's what you took from that, a course in reading comprehension would help
    Okay, from the guy who has never taken insulin but knows everything about it. Go ahead and clarify your post that I quoted since I clearly didn't understand it.
    Last edited by hankdiesel; 11-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Im running slin and pepe right now. In fact I have a log with sgt2jay in the steroid q&a section. Im cruising on low dose test and deca as I have been. I have run slin in the past as well. The biggest thing for me is the cab/iu ratio. If i take in too many carbs ..i get fat. A BG meter is a must. Also when running with peps inj timing is important as peps require ëmpty stomach"injections. Im inviting you to follow along with sgt2jay and my log. So far Im liking the combo very much.
    Log: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.ULTfXYbEH1U

Okay, from the guy who has never taken insulin but knows everything about it. Go ahead and clarify your post that I quoted since I clearly didn't understand it.
    first why don't you show me a post that says i've never taken insulin . while you're looking for that, congratulations on figuring out how to avoid storing carbs as fat. you should start a thread about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    The biggest thing for me is the cab/iu ratio. If i take in too many carbs ..i get fat. A BG meter is a must.
    i think you're not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Im running slin and pepe right now. In fact I have a log with sgt2jay in the steroid q&a section. Im cruising on low dose test and deca as I have been. I have run slin in the past as well. The biggest thing for me is the cab/iu ratio. If i take in too many carbs ..i get fat. A BG meter is a must. Also when running with peps inj timing is important as peps require ëmpty stomach"injections. Im inviting you to follow along with sgt2jay and my log. So far Im liking the combo very much.
    Log: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.ULTfXYbEH1U
    Will do, thanks.

first why don't you show me a post that says i've never taken insulin. while you're looking for that, congratulations on figuring out how to avoid storing carbs as fat. you should start a thread about that.
    If you had any personal experience with it besides your grandparents taking it I think you would've told us by now. I've taken in75-100g of carbs without the use of slin many times. When I started the slin at 5iu I didn't lower my carbs to 50. I just slowly upped the dose of slin. In my experience minimal fat was gained in the process.

Thread Information