kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

My first insulin injection 30 minutes ago.

I got my hands on some Eli Lilly humalog from CVS today, and tonight I went straight from my last set to the locker room, injected 7 IU, checked the time, and started freaking out. "Oh goodness here we go! Do or die time!" haha. Went to my car, let 5 minutes pass, and started chugging a premade shake with 90 grams of dextrose, 10 grams of creatine, and then went home and added 50 grams of whey protein isolate from isopure. I've read the "putting it all together thread" and I just want to make sure with everyone that what I just did was correct. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time to start drinking protein? Also, on that thread, he says to consume 80 grams of whey protein. Does the insulin enable my body to absorb and use this much? I've always done 50 grams of whey my entire life. It's been 40 minutes, and I feel fine. No blood sugar dropping/feeling faint or any.....zzzzzzzzzzzz. jk! Please help me out. Thanks!

GluteStriations is offline New Member
    Looks okay to me. No need to wait 5 minutes to drink your shake though. Most of us will recommend drinking it with your shot. I'll sometimes sip on it for 5 min before/after my shot.

Since you're using slin post workout, you should also get a whole food meal in 45 minutes after your shot. I prefer tuna and white rice as both are fat free.

Edit: I'm also not sure about the large amount of whey. I can only mention from my experience that I'll take 1-2 scoops of whey post, and have my meal 45 min after. I've lately been taking 1 scoop post with my sugars, and sipping on another scoop by itself until my meal.
    Last edited by GluteStriations; 11-30-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GluteStriations View Post
    Looks okay to me. No need to wait 5 minutes to drink your shake though. Most of us will recommend drinking it with your shot. I'll sometimes sip on it for 5 min before/after my shot.

Since you're using slin post workout, you should also get a whole food meal in 45 minutes after your shot. I prefer tuna and white rice as both are fat free.

Edit: I'm also not sure about the large amount of whey. I can only mention from my experience that I'll take 1-2 scoops of whey post, and have my meal 45 min after. I've lately been taking 1 scoop post with my sugars, and sipping on another scoop by itself until my meal.
    how am i supposed to consume a shake with 90 grams of dextrose, 50 grams of whey, and then on top of that eat a whole meal within 45 minutes after my shot. i think you mean 45 minutes after my shake.

Can anyone help? Can I consume 80 grams of whey protein like RedBaron said?

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post

how am i supposed to consume a shake with 90 grams of dextrose, 50 grams of whey, and then on top of that eat a whole meal within 45 minutes after my shot. i think you mean 45 minutes after my shake.
    Why would you have 90 grams of dextrose? Are you shooting 18 iu?

And I did mean 45 minutes after your shot considering the shake is consumed within minutes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GluteStriations View Post
    Why would you have 90 grams of dextrose? Are you shooting 18 iu?

And I did mean 45 minutes after your shot considering the shake is consumed within minutes of it.
    minutes? it takes me 20-30 minutes to consume nearly 500 calories, shake or not. I would probably throw up if I consumed it in a few minutes.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.ULpN-6x9Irw

That link says to take 80 grams of dextrose, so yeah I overshot it a bit, I suppose. I'm bulking right now.

minutes? it takes me 20-30 minutes to consume nearly 500 calories, shake or not. I would probably throw up if I consumed it in a few minutes.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t#.ULpN-6x9Irw

That link says to take 80 grams of dextrose, so yeah I overshot it a bit, I suppose. I'm bulking right now.
    Yeah, minutes. I can only give you advice based on what has worked for me. Take a 10 iu shot post workout for example. 1-2 scoops of whey with 50g dextrose taken minutes a few before and/or after. 45 minutes later I start to eat a meal. Usually tuna and white rice. 40g protein and 100g carbs. Takes me maybe 15 minutes to eat it. I've often opted to drop some of the rice for some OJ or another sugar source if I'm still feeling a little full from the shake.

I remember one time I tried 130g of carbs from white potatoes... I think it was 1.5lbs. Took me a whole hour to get them all down. Never again lol

I'm not familiar with any other nutritional protocols when using slin, so I hope I can be of some help to you.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm unclear on why you would start using slin unless you were 100% sure of what you were doing and have everything on hand and had made a couple dry runs.

Timing is your problem if you dont have time to eat or it takes you to long to drive then dont do it. Simple.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I'm unclear on why you would start using slin unless you were 100% sure of what you were doing and have everything on hand and had made a couple dry runs.

Timing is your problem if you dont have time to eat or it takes you to long to drive then dont do it. Simple.
    I agree. Slin and ur glucose arent goung to wait. If it tskes u 30mins to kill a shake ur already starting off bad.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

calstate23 is offline Banned
    I got my hands on some Eli Lilly humalog from CVS today, and tonight I went straight from my last set to the locker room, injected 7 IU, checked the time, and started freaking out. "Oh goodness here we go! Do or die time!" haha. Went to my car, let 5 minutes pass, and started chugging a premade shake with 90 grams of dextrose, 10 grams of creatine, and then went home and added 50 grams of whey protein isolate from isopure. I've read the "putting it all together thread" and I just want to make sure with everyone that what I just did was correct. Do I need to wait a certain amount of time to start drinking protein? Also, on that thread, he says to consume 80 grams of whey protein. Does the insulin enable my body to absorb and use this much? I've always done 50 grams of whey my entire life. It's been 40 minutes, and I feel fine. No blood sugar dropping/feeling faint or any.....zzzzzzzzzzzz. jk! Please help me out. Thanks!
    I honestly think taking insulin is stupid unless....

#1 You are close to true bodybuilder in shape and definition...

#2 You are taking GH in addition to number 1

#3 You are trying to compete at a national level in addition to number 1 & 2

Other then that, if you haven't maximized your physique to full potential as stated above it is stupid...And risking your health/ and or life..

In addition, if you even have to come onto a public forum and ask how to use insulin...You shouldn't even be taking it...Even if you are already number 1,2, and 3

All i was asking was "can your body really take in 80 grams of protein in one shake just because of the insulin ?" I don't need help with anything else. I will speed up my shake consumption, and I always start consuming a whole meal 45 minute to an hour after my shake.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

I am sure of what i am doing. I only had one question, which was about the protein really, and nobody has an answer for it, it seems. I never said I didn't have time to eat. What are you talking about? And I never said anything about it taking too long to drive somewhere, so I'm really not sure where that came from...

Here is what goes down.

Shoot 8 IU of humalog. Wait 5 minutes.
    Consume premade shake of 10 grams of creatine with 80 to 90 grams of dextrose.
    Consume 50 grams of whey protein isolate. Wait 45 minutes to an hour.
    Consume 50 grams of protein from egg whites, and 60 to 80 grams of carbohydrates from whole wheat, whole grain pasta.
    only 3-4 grams of fat is consumed during this time frame, and I always have a bottle of grape juice standing by in case i start feeling dizzy/nauseous/etc.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is what goes down.

Shoot 8 IU of humalog. Wait 5 minutes.
    Consume premade shake of 10 grams of creatine with 80 to 90 grams of dextrose.
    Consume 50 grams of whey protein isolate. Wait 45 minutes to an hour.
    Consume 50 grams of protein from egg whites, and 60 to 80 grams of carbohydrates from whole wheat, whole grain pasta.
    only 3-4 grams of fat is consumed during this time frame, and I always have a bottle of grape juice standing by in case i start feeling dizzy/nauseous/etc.
    In my experience that should work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    In my experience that should work fine.
    in your experience/knowledge, should I still keep the protein at 50 grams per shake, or could I up it to 80 grams like RedBaron recommended. Would that even make sense to do that?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    in your experience/knowledge, should I still keep the protein at 50 grams per shake, or could I up it to 80 grams like RedBaron recommended. Would that even make sense to do that?
    I personally would keep the protein at 50g and then do some more protein 45 mins later. Slin is great at shuttling nutrients but I doubt it will allow your body to absorb 80g of protein at one time. Here's my protocol: take 5iu slin immediately pwo, immediately consume a shake consisting of 50g whey/casein and 50g carbs, 45 mins later I have solid meal.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    I personally would keep the protein at 50g and then do some more protein 45 mins later. Slin is great at shuttling nutrients but I doubt it will allow your body to absorb 80g of protein at one time. Here's my protocol: take 5iu slin immediately pwo, immediately consume a shake consisting of 50g whey/casein and 50g carbs, 45 mins later I have solid meal.
    Damn your membership is older than mine?! That's rare for me to still see some of the old guys still around. Even when bulking, you would only consume 50 grams of carbs in your PWO shake?

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Damn your membership is older than mine?! That's rare for me to still see some of the old guys still around. Even when bulking, you would only consume 50 grams of carbs in your PWO shake?
    yes, 50g maybe 60 tops

ha ha how did you get that? I joined in '07 and yours says '04...none-the-less we are some old farts! lol hankdiesel answered your question the same as I would.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    ha ha how did you get that? I joined in '07 and yours says '04...none-the-less we are some old farts! lol hankdiesel answered your question the same as I would.
    Oh i thought your's said 2001. Nevermiiiiiiiiiind.

bobtail is offline Associate Member
    Congrats on your first experiment with insulin ! You will gain off the stuff!
    I personally have been doing what m302 said for years. Except I do 60g carb, 60g pro, and 6 IU slin. With my schedule, dinner is usually about an hour or so after workout so my big meal comes around an hour or so after the shake. The Humalog doesn't peak until 2 hours after the pin so it's not all that critical.
    As for timing your shake with you insulin, I've tried it all different ways. Sometimes I wait 30 minutes if I add GHRP to the pin. It really doesn't seem to matter.
    Congrats again! You are doing it perfectly! Please let us know your results.

Oh i thought your's said 2001. Nevermiiiiiiiiiind.
    It's all good bro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobtail View Post
    Congrats on your first experiment with insulin ! You will gain off the stuff!
    I personally have been doing what m302 said for years. Except I do 60g carb, 60g pro, and 6 IU slin. With my schedule, dinner is usually about an hour or so after workout so my big meal comes around an hour or so after the shake. The Humalog doesn't peak until 2 hours after the pin so it's not all that critical.
    As for timing your shake with you insulin, I've tried it all different ways. Sometimes I wait 30 minutes if I add GHRP to the pin. It really doesn't seem to matter.
    Congrats again! You are doing it perfectly! Please let us know your results.
    What kind of carbs you using to give you 60g after your slin shot?

sdmlsu1 is offline Junior Member
    First off if your gonna run Slin don't be cheap buy a glucose meter to establish a baseline while off then check it while on to see where your at. I eat about 1 1/2 - 2 hours prior to workout then pin 8iu just before workout. During my workout I sip on regular Gatorade mixed with 15gr of powder BCAA. As soon as I'm done with workout I drink a cold filtered isolate protein shake with 27gr of protein per 30gr serving. When I get home (about 1-3 hours or so later) I eat a good meal. I keep glucose tabs in my gym bag but have never gone hypo so I've had no cause to use them. Better to be prepared though just in case. I wouldn't go crazy with the Dextrose or you may find you've turned into a fat ass.lol Slin is safe if you schedule your meals etc. based on the activity of the slin you run. Like I said though starting out do yourself a favor and invest the chump change on a glucose meter. Kinda of like people that run cycles and spend money on gear but won;t invest $30-$40 0n a BP machine. Not real smart IMO. Take it for what its worth.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Another great use for the machine is to ensure that you are not developing blood sugar problems. That is check several times before starting to make sure no preexisting problem is present then check after every slin blast/cycle to make sure things are still OK.

Also this is just me but I started like everyone pouring a ton of sugar into my gut anytime I used slin. However I now see no reason to run more sugar than is needed and have tailored my sugar (blend of dextrose/complex sugars and simple/complex carbs) intake to what I need for x amount of slin it seems to me that when you just take a big load of dextrose you are likely greatly exceeding your sugar needs for the first 30-45 minutes then about right for 40-60 then to low at 50-70 minutes. Buy combining dextrose with complex sugars and simple and complex carbs you can follow the curve pretty closely. This (finding ones own combo needs) from my research and experience seems to be one of the major factors in optimal use of slin.

Anyhow good luck and remember as others have said ALWAYS KEEP SOME FORM OF QUICK SUGAR at hand. When using I keep them in my gym bag, in my car and on my person to try to be prepared for any unseen emergency like a breakdown on the way home from the gym.

Thread Information