j.pyatt is offline New Member

WILL GROWTH HELP LIGAMTNS?? Due surgery soon!!

Hi all, I'm am due surgery soon to have my acl (anterior chuchet ligament) replaced soon. The surgeon says he's going to be taking a graft from my hamstring tendon to make a new acl ligament. He shall be drilling my bones to attach the ligament also.
    So question is I need to be back training ASAP and was wondering if growth hormone will help???
    Stats are .... 6foot 3
    20.5 stone
    Bodyfat unknown , veiny shoulders and quads so not a heffer!! Lol
    Cycling on and off gear for 5years so not new to it.Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would think at 287lbs, your body fat will be fairly high. I'm just guessing of course, you could be Mr Olympia

Hope the surgery goes well, with regards to GH and repairing, I have no idea. Hope you recover quickly.

Thanks buddy. Yh I'm no mr Olympia! In fact not even a bodybuilder- just one of those big stupid strongmen! Lol

WAMBAM is offline New Member
    My 2 cents, related to surgery. I had the same thing done and will tell you the ham string was WAY harder to heal/recover from than the ACL replacement. My surgeon gave me 3 choices. Ham string, band of tendon from outer thigh that he would roll up (forget the name of it) or a tendon from a dead person. I regret making the ham string choice.

What was the problem with the hamstring? Power, range of movement etc. how long was it till u were back fully fit. Thanks dude.

mbreti is offline New Member
    There are accounts where people CLAIM that taking HGH helped them recover quicker, but it is only quicker than what the Doc, estimated. Maybe they would have recovered at the same rate without HGH.

However, it's been shown to increase bone growth, so I guess it could also increase the rate at which ligaments grow.

HGH will help but the results are not immediate. If it takes a year to recover from your surgery, HGH could shorten that by 20% to 25%. I've got no scientific study to back me up. I've been on HGH continuously for 5 years and I'm just speaking from experience.

Thread Information