Hephens is offline Member

Long use of slin

Just what the longest time some of yous have ran slin for? I am going for 8-10 weeks but only using it 3-4times/week currently in week 5 now.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    you should only do 4 weeks at a time, is what i've read from the educated veterans on this board.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    time in number of days shouldn't be your primary concern. you should be monitoring your BG daily and weekly to look for any small but steady increase in BG which can mean insulin resistance.

Muscletech is offline Associate Member
    4week on, 1 week off with glucophage, and restart.. serious use for a slin user..

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I did one run so far and it was 3.5 months long.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    time in number of days shouldn't be your primary concern. you should be monitoring your BG daily and weekly to look for any small but steady increase in BG which can mean insulin resistance.
    Exactly! If you're taking slin and didn't check your fast bg before starting slin as well as your fasted bg levels while using slin then you're a retard! As you stated if/when your fasted bg levels starting increasing then your body is becoming insulin resistant and you should cycle of slin. Also for those that have fasted bg levels 100 or above you shouldn't use slin until you decrease these numbers. R-ALA is a great over the counter supp that reduces bf levels...make sure you get the R-ALA as the regular ALA doesn't work as well.

Muscletech is offline Associate Member
    English is not my natural language, what does mean BG?

Blood sugar

Yes, BG equals blood glucose aka blood sugar

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I feel that another important factor to consider is how many hours a day you are using slin, that is how many hours a day its active in your system. For example I only use Humalog and only PWO. I would think that I would be better off using Humalog PWO only for 3 months than using a slower acting slin 3 times a day for even 1 month.

Anyhow aside from that I also believe heavily in the use of a meter before during and after slin usage, I have used it for about a month at a time about 4 times in the past 2 years and seen absolutely zero change in BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I feel that another important factor to consider is how many hours a day you are using slin, that is how many hours a day its active in your system. For example I only use Humalog and only PWO. I would think that I would be better off using Humalog PWO only for 3 months than using a slower acting slin 3 times a day for even 1 month.

Anyhow aside from that I also believe heavily in the use of a meter before during and after slin usage, I have used it for about a month at a time about 4 times in the past 2 years and seen absolutely zero change in BG.
    I agree with you. IMO, you want the slin to clear as fast as possible that's why I use Humalog as well!

pjliftsalot is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    This is exactly the way to do it. When you do you observe this you should come off. You can then take glucophage to help address that issue and after in order go back on slin.

Quote Originally Posted by pjliftsalot View Post
    This is exactly the way to do it. When you do you observe this you should come off. You can then take glucophage to help address that issue and after in order go back on slin.
    Yes! Also, R-ALA will also help bring your fasted glucose levels down to make you more insulin sensititive.

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    R-ala?

Yeah ALA (alpha lipoic acid)...ALA consist of both S-ALA and R-ALA. Research shows that we benefit the most from the R strand so R-ALA is what you want to supplement with. You can google it and find out more info...most online supps stores sale it, just make sure to get the R-ALA not just ALA. Since I've been taking it my fasted blood sugar levels have dropped.

Thread Information