OnTheSauce is offline Banned

Post workout slin + hgh

Got some apidra insulin (fast, similar to humalog). What im looking at doing is using 5iu immediately post workout, slam a carb shake such as karbolyn or glycofuse. Hit my Hgh about 10min later then enjoy a 50gr protein shake and big meal with limited fats. This wont be til very end of january, so trying to makes sure all my ducks are in a row before hand. Any advice or criticism appreciated.

Bros

kmms is offline Productive Member
    just my two cents but i'd do it in reverse.

work out, GH, wait 10-15 minutes then dose insulin , followed by lots of protein then get your carbs and save fats for a later meal. this is based on the assumption that some amount of proteins must be circulating during the GH pulse and that carbs and especially fats will dull the GH pulse.

Duly noted kind sir. Wouldn't I want the insulin already present when I do the Hgh so when he Hgh passes thru the liver and release igf1, the insulin is already doing its thing
    Last edited by OnTheSauce; 12-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.

I know ppl on here are running Hgh and Slin...

stpete is offline Banned
    Hankdeisel's might be the man to ask. He's usually over here a pretty good bit.

I'm only running slin and test right now. Can't comment on the hgh, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    just my two cents but i'd do it in reverse.

work out, GH, wait 10-15 minutes then dose insulin, followed by lots of protein then get your carbs and save fats for a later meal. this is based on the assumption that some amount of proteins must be circulating during the GH pulse and that carbs and especially fats will dull the GH pulse.
    Fats and carbs will blunt the natural GH pulse but have little or no effect on the absorption or effectiveness of injecting rHGH other than carbs possibly elevating blood sugar from insulin resistance. Which is the whole point in running slin with it so not disagreeing at all with that protocol, just the reasoning.

Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Fats and carbs will blunt the natural GH pulse but have little or no effect on the absorption or effectiveness of injecting rHGH other than carbs possibly elevating blood sugar from insulin resistance. Which is the whole point in running slin with it so not disagreeing at all with that protocol, just the reasoning.
    as i'm neither a doctor nor medical professional, my reasoning is based entirely on a keep it simple stupid concept so that i myself can attempt to understand the advanced concepts at work. what i understand about the interplay between GH and insulin is that in order to benefit the most from a natural or exogenous GH pulse, there are times when insulin must be present as well as times when insulin must not be present (or at least at very low levels). this is what my current protocol (peptides/insulin) is based on, and the results are far beyond remarkable. when i add test back into the mix jan 1 i'm expecting tremendous results. appreciate your comments.

What you posted is exactly right if you're running peps instead of GH.

Both carbs and fats can interfere with peps causing a natural GH release.

But if you run GH instead of peps you don't have to worry about it because you don't need any natural GH release, you're injecting it.

Essentially could I pin both back to back? I can bring the Slin to the gym, and have my glycofuse carb powder in the car. Don't want to bring the Hgh as it would be in the heat too long already reconstituted. Or just wait til I get home and hit both

But if you run GH instead of peps you don't have to worry about it because you don't need any natural GH release, you're injecting it.
    understood. i had considered a GH run for mid 2013 but i'm responding so well to mod grf and the ghrp's that i'm not even sure it's necessary now, however i'd still run basically the same program. peptides-10mins-GH-insulin -proteins-proteins and carbs.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Essentially could I pin both back to back? I can bring the Slin to the gym, and have my glycofuse carb powder in the car. Don't want to bring the Hgh as it would be in the heat too long already reconstituted. Or just wait til I get home and hit both
    You are planning on keeping the slin cold as well right? If I were you I would just pin the slin and GH at the same time then have a protein/carb shake and then 1 hour later have another pro/carb meal.

Its in the fridge now, but both my diabetic friends have said it doesn't really matter if you aren't storing it. One keeps his in his pocket all day and just on counter at home. Ill keep the vial in fridge, but also have a 300iu pen I was considering just keeping in gym bag.

humalog that is currently in use, a vial or pen should be left at room temps according to the mfr's. any vial or cartridge that you have for future use should be kept refrigerated.

That's what I was told. My buddy is diabetic and they replaced his humalog with apidra a couple months ago.

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    soo now what are you going to do patrick. cuz im interested in knowing how to use HGH and Slin for future reference...
    how are you going to administer it. can you plz be detailed and include food too and when do you eat and what you eat so i can have better understanding...also isnt best time for GH is before bed
    ???

Ill log it if people want me to and will follow

Quote Originally Posted by patrick4588 View Post
    Its in the fridge now, but both my diabetic friends have said it doesn't really matter if you aren't storing it. One keeps his in his pocket all day and just on counter at home. Ill keep the vial in fridge, but also have a 300iu pen I was considering just keeping in gym bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    humalog that is currently in use, a vial or pen should be left at room temps according to the mfr's. any vial or cartridge that you have for future use should be kept refrigerated.
    Thanks guys this is news to me. I always thought you needed to keep slin refridged at all times.

Im so impatient. Want to start nowwwwww

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally have never nor wish to use hgh post workout. There is a large natural release of hgh post workout.

What I've always done is used hgh first thing in the am, then either slin and/or igf-1 post workout.

I'm am currently doing 2ius of serostim hgh am, 100mcg of igf-1 post workout. I always take in about 50 grams of carbs and 75 of protein post workout when bulking.

What are your goals here?

I want to compete in 220 this year. Which will mean adding 25lbs of lbm. While following a powerlifting routine.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds good

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    HGH dosing won't matter as much, the IGF levels are pretty stable from the generated rGH pulse. The IGF-1 peaks at 24hours so it wouldn't matter too much if you dose the GH in the morning or PWO. Morning is better imo, hit the slin and keep extra glucose tabs/orange juice available.
    I shoot my slin IM. Works faster

Sincerely, Sworder.
    Uh....I do believe that is incorrect. Yes igf-1 levels stay up for some time after the hgh is dosed, but there is a negative feedback system in place for growth hormone just like testosterone . When hg levels are high your body isn't going to kick out any naturally. Now hgh is processed very quickly after being dosed, so this is why picking a time of the day when natural levels are low, ie. in the am, is the best way to use this.

I've been doing 5iu in morning and 5iu after gym. But I can dose really however is most effective.

Quote Originally Posted by gymfu View Post
    Uh....I do believe that is incorrect. Yes igf-1 levels stay up for some time after the hgh is dosed, but there is a negative feedback system in place for growth hormone just like testosterone. When hg levels are high your body isn't going to kick out any naturally. Now hgh is processed very quickly after being dosed, so this is why picking a time of the day when natural levels are low, ie. in the am, is the best way to use this.
    This is why I prefer peptides over HGH since the peptides essentially tell the body to release an endogenous pulse of GH...no negative feedback w/ peps.

Getting close to that time gentlemen. May start this coming Monday.

Thread Information