greengo is offline Junior Member

HG therapy dosage advice

My doc is getting me started on omnitrope. But Im really confused about dosage.

He has me on 0.05mg/day first 10 days

then 0.1mg/day 10 days

then 0.15mg/day 10 days

Does this mean he has me on 0.45IU??? isn't that way too low?

Ive been looking around online and confused about mg and IU. Im sure his dose is too conservative. But I want to strengthen connective tissue and loose weight. Im recovering from multiple shoulder injuries and had 2 ops in the past year.

I've got a 5mg pack of 5 and can reorder. what dose do you guys recommend? Im thinking of starting at:

week1 : 1IU
    week2 : 2IU
    week3 : 3IU and staying on that for a few weeks

Am I correct in saying that 1IU is equal to .3 mg?

thanks

freshmaker is offline Junior Member
    Okay - here you go: 1mg of gh is 3 iu. .33 mg is 1 iu.

My doc initially has it me on .2 mg which is .6iu. If you read the documentation, .2 is the recommended starting dose, BUT, you can also go by weight, which is some hing like .0165 per kg, which ends up being like 1.2 iu per day to start, so twice as much, for adult gh deficiency.

So I am bumping up to 1 iu a day for a month. And probably thereafter for a while. Doesn't seem like much but I think patience wins this particular game.

I started .33 mg - or 1 IU yesterday for the first time which is more than 3 times what the doc has me started on. and im thinking about increasing that every week? or you think its best to do every month?

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greengo View Post
    I started .33 mg - or 1 IU yesterday for the first time which is more than 3 times what the doc has me started on. and im thinking about increasing that every week? or you think its best to do every month?
    Increase every 1-2 weeks based on sides
    If u increase then feel like numb limbs and stuff then lower it to previous dose for another week then bump it up again
    I will do hgh soon start at 2 iu up to 8-10 iu or so
    For 6 months cycle

Use 4iu every day for the time you can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Granovich View Post
    Increase every 1-2 weeks based on sides
    If u increase then feel like numb limbs and stuff then lower it to previous dose for another week then bump it up again
    I will do hgh soon start at 2 iu up to 8-10 iu or so
    For 6 months cycle
    6 months on 8IU? wow that seems high. I was thinking about doing it for a long period of time like 3-6months. But not sure if its best done with gaps in between. for example 2 months on, 3 months off. Isn't that better? Being on for such a long time, could that affect your gland performance? and can you suddenly just stop without any complications?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckEisenmench View Post
    Use 4iu every day for the time you can afford.
    Its damage to the wallet but I need it. Got so many naggy joint pains in shoulders mainly, gained a lot of fat during this recovery after 2 major shoulder operations. But I don't plan to do this forever. Just as long as I need. Once I feel better and can train properly I will get off it, that is the plan.

Thread Information