ridedivefx is offline Associate Member

Travel with hgh (gel packs)?

Hi,

I am travelling with unmixed humatrope, will hot-cold gel packs frozen and checked in luggage be enough to not degrade hgh. I would rather have this checked in luggage than carry on with me.

How long will the gel pack retain the cold in a suitcase? Will this be enough to prevent degradation? If not then are there other methods to travel with hgh?

I will be using a large gel pack if that helps!

Thanks

imom is offline Banned
    Checked in luggage tends to be stored at low temperature in the plane, much colder than the heated passenger area, so that's definitely a better choice. If you are just travelling for a few hours between fridges, I wouldn't worry too much.

p.s. just noticed you are in Dubai. Do you have a script for this stuff? and the necessary travel paperwork? I wouldn't want to cross that border with illegal drugs.

ridedivefx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imom View Post
    Checked in luggage tends to be stored at low temperature in the plane, much colder than the heated passenger area, so that's definitely a better choice. If you are just travelling for a few hours between fridges, I wouldn't worry too much.

p.s. just noticed you are in Dubai. Do you have a script for this stuff? and the necessary travel paperwork? I wouldn't want to cross that border with illegal drugs.
    Yes I am in Dubai and that is what i was worried about. Moved here a few years back from Canada. It is a hot country and I am not sure if the luggage is kept out in the sun or in a hot container to be loaded on plane. It get 40+ C in the sun here, but the flight is only about 3 hours long

I will get the scripts from the country I am visiting so hopefully I should be ok if a need rises.

imom is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ridedivefx View Post
    I will get the scripts from the country I am visiting so hopefully I should be ok if a need rises.
    I also lived in Dubai for a while and I know how restricted medications are there. I'd check the required paperwork out carefully before bringing anything into the country.

I know what you mean about the luggage sitting in the sun before loading, but the ice will be active then so you should be ok. Good luck anyway!

Thread Information