Powergirl is offline Female Member

Helping with needle and syringe selection for Genotropin C

Hello,

I just got Genotropin C. It is a cartrige with 2 compartments: one has the powder and the other the diluent as seen in the picture.
    It has 5.3 mg of somatropine equivalent to 16IU and the diluent is 1 ml.
    1- I want to start with 1 IU/ day, so it would be equivalent to 6.25 marks of a U 100 insulin syringe, could you please verify this?
    2- If the above calculation is correct, what would be the cc of the syringe that I need to buy? Does 3/10 cc would be ok?
    3- About the needle size, what would you recommend? I was thinking in 31G, 5/16" long, any comments, please?
    4- Is BD a good brand for syringe?
    5- I do not have the pen to use with the cartridge, I do not know how I will mix the product, do you have any experiences using this product without the pen?

Thank you for your time and answers, they are greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Helping with needle and syringe selection for Genotropin C-genotropin-p.png  

diabeticknowledge is offline Associate Member
    Insulin has 100iu/ml and Your growth hormone 16iu/ml
    => you need 6,25 times more (reading in insulin syringe) for each unit of GH - so yes correct.

BD Micro Fine works good, needle length depending on how fat you are. 8mm and 12mm will probably do for sub q, i know fat people that make 8mm work...

Get the smallest CC syringe you can get, tiny ones even show up to 50 units so unless you intend to inject more than 10 units at a time bigger syringes are useless and a waste of money.

You might be able to push the liquid into the powder cylinder, but to be safe, you could just buy bacterostatic water and just mix the powder in the front casing - then withdraw it the same way you injected the first time

Powergirl, so you are IPF tested powerlifter or ?

Thread Information