Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FONZY007

Thread: Humulin R and Eating Right = Super Hard

davesah1 is offline Member

Humulin R and Eating Right = Super Hard

So apparently this stuff is legal to buy at any Walmart and I got curious. Now
    I'm aware that insulin will make you extremely sensitive to fat storage in its active window, which in this case is 3-4 hours.
    So, one would not eat any fats after injecting for that time period, correct?
    As far as carbs go, what is a good range to not achieve an over abundance resulting in fat storage, for someone who is rather sensitive to carbs in general?
    I'm assuming Low GI carbs are optimal for their slow release, but high GI for immediate PWO intake after the shot.
    I'm just looking into the stuff being that its legal, easily accessible, and the most anabolic hormone in the body and my friend used it got fat as shit LOL.
    Could you shoot before a workout and bring a large gatorade and drink periodically through the lifts to suppress the catabolic hormones that arise during high intensity lifts such as cortisol, don't bug if that's a dumb question.
    If I were to ever use slin it would PWO only. This stuff has really got me attention after seeing someone get so chubby so quickly.
    I am aware that you need to have food, carb based, on hand to prevent dizzy spells and passing out, but humulin r is a slower acting slin and thus a bit safer, although I believe most slin isn't very dangerous unless you have no idea what the hell your doing.

Not going to going to touch the shit until my diet is down PAT (so like a few years at least). Taking a food science and nutrition class next semester, so I'll see how that goes and if I learn anything pertinent to bodybuilding what so ever.
    Thought I knew a lot about nutrition but I have a fat chunk to learn, no pun intended.
    Just curious and have no other questions for these forums really (GH usually equals bunk or is way out my $ price range, IGF too is not worth the $ at this point). I just like to learn and I can't seem to get help with my diet.
    Think what you may, but I at this point I would be buying an OTC fat gainer and I'm aware. I'd rather just eat 7 pizzas, but knowledge is power, both in and out of the gym.
    Last edited by davesah1; 07-02-2014 at 04:48 PM.

"This is the protocol I use for humulin r, it's basically a modified version of mike arnolds pre workout protocol.

1 hour pre work out:
    Pin 10 iu humilin r
    prepare shake containing
    70g carbs from karbolyn
    10g glutamin
    10g creatine
    10-15g bcaa's

I then keep this shake near by, but do not consume it until 30 minutes after I pin my humilin

15mins pre work out:
    I consume 50g whey protein

I then make two shakes. One containing the same as the first pre workout shake and the other containing the same thing with 50g whey protein . I slowly sip the just carb shake throughout my workout , And I consume the other shake on the ride home from the gym. I then consume a whole food meal about an hour to an hour and a half after my post workout shake consisting of 100g carbs from white rice and 50g protein from some sort of lean meat. I don't believe you have to worry about becoming diabetic from such a small amount of insulin . There are no documented cases of this happening to my knowledge. That being said I would not take it year round because I like to err on the side of caution with insulin use. Using this protocol I have never gotten any signs of hypogly***ia. I also usually have a meal about 2 hours before taking my slin to make sure blood sugar levels are not too low. This is the protocol I have found to work for me. With insulin I would recommend starting with a low dose and a liberal amount of carbs. If you keep fat intake to a minimum during the active window of the insulin your fat gains should be very minimal. I haven't really noticed much of any fat gains from insulin use, but I keep my diet very clean. Everyone is different and you will need to find out what works best for you."

Found an answer.

Creds to alex.

~Other useful slin reading from old threads for the curious.
    Humulin R
    Humalog and Humulin R Insulin information...... a basic guide
    Last edited by davesah1; 07-05-2014 at 05:06 PM.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's how I use it when I do but more like 20-30 mins before workout.. Also IM also.

I use 15 ius and boy the pump you get from it is second to none my carb drink is nasty similar to yours.. I add mio for flavoring.

Did I notice fat gains, maybe but I was also on AAS at the time so some was expected..
    davesah1 likes this.

Not my work, found it on an old thread posted here bud. Won't be using slin for a while. I was just curious about the use and protocol of long acting Humulin R. How much more anabolic does it make your cycle out of curiosity? Say AAS with slin vs no slin.
    Could you supplement the karbolyn with plain dextrose or would that not be ideal since dextrose clears from the system a decent amount faster, but its a hell of a lot cheaper. Perhaps smaller more frequent dextrose servings vs just using the karbolyn? Just a thought to save some $ for the money strapped individuals.
    Last edited by davesah1; 07-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Getjackedstayjacked is offline New Member
    I like humlin r better than humalog because the ability to use before or after also with it being able to increase the pump from igf-1 output. I like to eat a meal before the gym like a oatmeal and protein shake or a carb like rice and chicken ie low to no fat. Than mix bcaa and creatine in pre workout take and bring a carb source like glycofuse and drink incase you get low.

Thread Information