Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: igf lr3 detection time

cmillett is offline Member

igf lr3 detection time

As far as drug testing in sports (urine ) , Ive searched and searched for this answer. I depend on this stuff a lot due to past injury from a car wreck. I do compete in strength sports as well. How long out should I stop the use of igf lr3 for a tested event ?
    Thanks in advance

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I think that is going to depend on how the test works. If they test for the presence of a particular substance (that is, if there is a test that looks specifically for the artificial variety of IGF-1 LR3), then I would say 5 to 6 half lives, though you might want to push that out even further to be safe.

If the test is a normal IGF test, then maybe the same thinking applies. Since LR3 is a replacement, not a stimulant, for IGF, once it is essentially out of your system, you should be back to your normal and pass the test.

But man, I am so far out of my element here it is NOT even funny. I'm just spit balling.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would be surprised to see them go beyond the normal IGF-1 panels. Isoform GH testing is only good for a couple of days, I think they can check for metabolites after a few weeks of use, but if it's very recent use it's not a very reliable test.

Like Cy said, this is kind out of of our area. Also, the vast majority of people untested opt for GH usage over IGF-1 anyway.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Also, the vast majority of people untested opt for GH usage over IGF-1 anyway.
    Curious to hear the rationale behind depending on an igf-1 analog, sounds bizarre to attribute a gda to benefit in the strength dept or injury relief, cannot imagine it's worth the stress/controversy for a tested athlete?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Curious to hear the rationale behind depending on an igf-1 analog, sounds bizarre to attribute a gda to benefit in the strength dept or injury relief, cannot imagine it's worth the stress/controversy for a tested athlete?
    Most of the IGF-1 that I've seen recently has been junk, but I did specify untested people opt for GH. .
    Most of the untested people I've interacted with seem to prefer GH over IGF-1, barring the few that opt for Increlex over IGF1-LR3.

I haven't seen good generic IGF-1 LR3 in quite some time.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-23-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    956Vette likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information