Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By MIKE_XXL
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Im losing hope of ever lifting again

live2flex7 is offline Junior Member

Im losing hope of ever lifting again

I'm 24 years old and I have rotator cuff pain in both shoulders, pain in both wrist when doing ez bar curls and I have slight tendonitis in both elbows that was really bad before I started tb500. I've been on and off tb500 for 3 or 4 months. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to ever lift again and I'm getting depressed. I could go to the gym and do a full chest workout but I'm in pain after a couple sets. Not crazy pain but i can feel it. Idk what to do.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quit curling and quit flat benching for a while.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Find out what is wrong, it could be a lot of different things. Get some blood work done and dont let your doctor just say everything looks normal. Something is wrong so find out what it is and dont take no for an answer.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I am 42 yo, last year i have had 5 injuries, torn rotary calf tendon left shoulder, partial tear in hamstring and pulled groin, torn right shoulder, torn right pec and last but not least right before xmas torn left bicep...you know what? I am not done lifting nor will i ever be, this will not brake me as a matter of fact i am full swing into contest prep and set to compete in April...so toughen up butter cup, its called life, sometimes you are on the wagon sometimes under it...yeah it sucks getting hurt but train smart work around your injuries and it does get better, my ham is healed, my left shoulder is pretty good, my pec seems ok for now and bicep is slowly getting back to being functional with a compression sleeve...this in no way is a reason to quit...
    NACH3, 956Vette, tcw and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I am 42 yo, last year i have had 5 injuries, torn rotary calf tendon left shoulder, partial tear in hamstring and pulled groin, torn right shoulder, torn right pec and last but not least right before xmas torn left bicep...you know what? I am not done lifting nor will i ever be, this will not brake me as a matter of fact i am full swing into contest prep and set to compete in April...so toughen up butter cup, its called life, sometimes you are on the wagon sometimes under it...yeah it sucks getting hurt but train smart work around your injuries and it does get better, my ham is healed, my left shoulder is pretty good, my pec seems ok for now and bicep is slowly getting back to being functional with a compression sleeve...this in no way is a reason to quit...
    I was thinkin the same - Buck Up! I'm 31 and have torn my R. labrum in hlf(& 3 other tears including rotator cuff), 2 screws that have backed out in between the socket, used my R. Biceps tendon to repair labrum, and now I need s total reverse joint replacement! Sure I went thru some deep depression(as I lost my full scholorship to U of NC-State as a catcher! But life goes on...

After getting thru that I flipped my GTO 6x into a house leaving me on s ventilator(18 days) & comatosed for 45+ days! I'm lucky to be alive... As they brought me back 2x, shattered my spleen(splenectomy), tracheotomy, both lungs collapsed, shattered my L. Heal, broke all my L. Ribs, snd Aldo broke my R. Scapula!

I'm sharing this w/you b/c in my Avi that's been after all of these traumatic injuries... You can always find a way to manipulate your positioning/or the way you might have to do things differently to hit those muscles and muscle heads! These were the cards I was delt... Yes I'm in chronic pain daily(all day) but I just work yhru it! Good luck and don't give up... Find out the problem... Treat it and it may be a long road back, but nothing like I had to do so you'll be fine! Good luck OP!
    Last edited by NACH3; 01-27-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Besides the name calling thank you for the motivation lol

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by live2flex7 View Post
    I'm 24 years old and I have rotator cuff pain in both shoulders, pain in both wrist when doing ez bar curls and I have slight tendonitis in both elbows that was really bad before I started tb500. I've been on and off tb500 for 3 or 4 months. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to ever lift again and I'm getting depressed. I could go to the gym and do a full chest workout but I'm in pain after a couple sets. Not crazy pain but i can feel it. Idk what to do.
    Are you on cycle? If not, have you done any cycles in the past? From the looks of your avi, you're pretty young and, if you've done AAS in the past, a lot of times, especially with younger users, the rest of the body has not developed enough to support the new muscle, which can also lead to injuries and pain (you mentioned tendonitis). I'm not saying that this is the case with you, and injuries can come at all ages and different circumstances as Mike pointed out, but it very well may be a culprit.

I did a cycle when I was 19 and dumb but I didn't developed injuries until later

94ss is offline New Member
    This is the best thing I have heard when it comes to injuries.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94ss View Post
    This is the best thing I have heard when it comes to injuries.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
    Sounds strangely enough like our government.

Thread Information