Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 212OlympiaBound

Thread: insulin newbie,need a little guide

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member

insulin newbie,need a little guide

hey insulin pros hi, need some help here.

i'm gonna use insulin for the first time here, only post work out on training days. well from what i read is the most anabolic thing and it's really is cheap here in my country (novorapid 300iu 8bucks !!) and another thing is i'm gonna start my next steroid cycle in about a month test+tren +adrol+t3+HCG +ai +pct (not gonna go into details) this will be my 4th cycle and the first one with tren and slin.i'm a physique competitor(174cm 84kg off season/on 73-75kg) for now but i wanna get bigger.

any ways i have some questions.

-i can only get my hands on glucose powders,is this ok?
    -what do you recommend subq injections or IM?(i prefer subq)

-and i'm gonna use it like this:

day1 5iu pwo 10g carbs per iu
    day2 6iu pwo 10g cabrs per iu
    day3 6iu pwo 10g per
    day4 7iu pwo 10g per
    day5 7iu pwo 10g per
    day6-9 8iu pwo 10g per
    day 10-15 9iu 10g per
    day 15-30 10 iu 10g per

-is this ok or i should change it?

-and the nutrient intake is like this:
    *right after injection 10 g of glucose + creatin
    * 15 mins post injection 10-15g bcaa
    * 45-60 min post inj my pwo meal carbs and pro (bread and egg whites+milk)
    * 120min-150 min post inj normal meal with low fat
    *3-3.30 h post inj high pro med carb low fat snack (milk+dates+bcaa)

** keeping glucose powder on me if i feel hungry or lightheaded (hypo)

*** i train in the after noon at 4pm and i normally sleep at 12pm, i hope that i won't die like this??!
    Last edited by SOL!D5NAK3; 11-01-2015 at 02:38 PM.

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    1. Personally, I would try to be in the gym within 30 minutes of injection. I would actually inject rapid slin in the locker room before working out. Rapid is pulling real hard for you within 30 minutes of injection.

2.) I wouldn't worry about glucose unless you really want to. Fruit juice/soda/energy drinks will work just as well.

3.) 10g's carbs per iu is a complete myth. Some dumb bodybuilder tried to take the old diabetic rule of 1iu insulin to 10g's carbs and reverse it. It just doesn't work that way. I can't believe people are still pushing that "rule." 3-4g's per iu is fairly common. You might want to start at 6g's and see how you react. I personally just go by feel and don't count. I also prefer complex carbs over crap like glucose.

4.) Drink a ton of water on insulin. Get down a gallon within two hours of shooting if you can.

5.) good job with the low fats. I'd up the protein, get rid of the simple carbs (use only to "catch" yourself), lower the carbs and make them complex.

6.) after 4 hours, you really don't have to worry about dying from rapid slin. You also really don't need to worry a whole lot if all you're shooting is 10 units. Your body can probably ride out 10 units with 0 carbs. (probably. don't attempt this!)

7.)either sub-q or im is fine. generally sub-q is preferred because it is the easiest type of injection.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

thank you for your input.

maybe the second half of my slin use i use it pre i need to see how my body reacts to it, i've read that slin is better pre

i did choose glucose for fast absorption time,and i fear for the hypo ,this again is something i need to see how my body reacts to it.

i don't want to get fat from it so i really liked your idea about carbs being low, i will try at 6g's

gearguru is offline New Member
    You need to be taking in 10 grams of carbs per unit injected. This is a safety measure. You don't want to go hypo on your glucose levels and harm yourself, or potentially kill yourself. I always kept snacks and simple sugars on me just in case I felt a little woozy. Granola, protein bars, fruits, etc. I started out my first two days of injecting a couple of units of short acting in the morning, then fast acting later on in the day when I had worked out. Eventually I just took the fast acting for a majority of my cycle. I got the highest grade of slin, prescription. A friend of mine is diagnosed with type 2, and his insurance covers it so I got it at an insanely good deal. Definitely worth it, let me know how it worked out for you.

well i finished my first week of slin, i would say it is good , today was 11iu's and 4-5g of carbs per iu.i do it 30 min before gym and my workouts are usually less than 1 hour (45min). post work out i drink almost 1 liter of cocoa milk and 10-15g bcaa. some bread or banana and i'm pretty sure i eat enough.

* the thing is i just get really sleepy after gym, i mean when i get home and i'm pretty happy with my stats right now 190lbs with abs (12-13% bf) with my height being 174cm .

* i don't feel the slin injecting is it normal??? i test it and it squirt out of the pen but when i inject it nothing, i heard that it will sting a little bit if it is in the fridge .

* i use novorapid

any help is appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by gearguru View Post
    You need to be taking in 10 grams of carbs per unit injected. This is a safety measure. You don't want to go hypo on your glucose levels and harm yourself, or potentially kill yourself. I always kept snacks and simple sugars on me just in case I felt a little woozy. Granola, protein bars, fruits, etc. I started out my first two days of injecting a couple of units of short acting in the morning, then fast acting later on in the day when I had worked out. Eventually I just took the fast acting for a majority of my cycle. I got the highest grade of slin, prescription. A friend of mine is diagnosed with type 2, and his insurance covers it so I got it at an insanely good deal. Definitely worth it, let me know how it worked out for you.
    no. you really don't.

This is an old rule for diabetics who are trying to minimize the insulin /carb ratio.

Bodybuilders, generally, try to maximize that ratio. You need to see how your body reacts, but generally 5g's/iu is way more than sufficient.

@ original poster.

insulin doesn't really sting at all in my opinion. You shouldn't feel it.

feeling sleepy is very normal. Injecting insulin is similar to eating a huge, high-carb meal.

Quote Originally Posted by 212OlympiaBound
    @ original poster. insulin doesn't really sting at all in my opinion. You shouldn't feel it. feeling sleepy is very normal. Injecting insulin is similar to eating a huge, high-carb meal.
    Thanks buddy

Another thing is i feel weird in my stomach, lots of sounds going in there, i duuno if its the glucose with that much water or is the insulin

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    How you liking the slin and what protocol are you using Sol!D5NAK3(G's of dextrose/to 10iu of slin)?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    How you liking the slin and what protocol are you using Sol!D5NAK3(G's of dextrose/to 10iu of slin)?
    It's ok , although this is my 7th day of using (each week 5 days , work out days) i think my expectation was high, but it is soon to tell.
    I use 5-4 g of glucose per iu , injecting 30min before work out with creatin+ 10g bcaa and glucose shake and a piece of whole wheat bread for slower carbs . After work out 10g bcaa and 1 liter cocoa milk (low fat) and again bread . After 2 hours after post workout meal it is dinner time

* metformin 1500mg daily

carbo is offline Associate Member
    Are you running it by itself? Don't think it's worth it, you'll just get fat of it bruh...

Quote Originally Posted by carbo
    Are you running it by itself? Don't think it's worth it, you'll just get fat of it bruh...
    Naah, on a cycle . This is my 4th cycle

This is my last week on slin , i just wanna say it is a good compound for bulking cuz you eat like a horse on it , you just have to be careful and watch the things you eat. Anyways i'm pleased with the results , i'm now 87.5 kg on a 174cm frame i would say i gained a lil fat on it too but overall it was a good experience.

My highest dose was (is) 15iu and 4g of carbs per iu (or even less) before gym .

1 or 2 times i got a lil light headed with it in the gym but nothing serious . The pump is good with it but i can't say if it is the slin or steroids .

Maybe next time i'll do it in my pct .

Thanks for your input .

Thread Information