Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marcus300

Thread: Any side effects of taking t4 long term

Facecrash is offline Member

Any side effects of taking t4 long term

I've been running pharm Nordi for 6 months at 4iu 5 on 2 off. I was thinking of going down to 3 iu for the next few years. I'm taking pharm t4 100 mcg Ed. Can there be any damage done to my thyroid from this over time or any shut down? Should I come off t4 for a while? Any specific bw I should do

Thanks

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    No there are no bad side effects long term, your thyroid is extremely resilient and there are many studies out there what show this to be true. Ive ran it myself and many of my pro mates have been on it for years and come off and get around a 2 week lag then its up and running again with no problems. I did 3 yrs on T4 and within 4 weeks my thyroid was back to normal blood work proved this.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

mark woods is offline Associate Member
    Can the same be said about t3,the answer the same?

Facecrash is offline Member
    Thanks Marcus. I'm guessing this could vary from person to person no? Is there anything I can do to check myself and make sure? And at what point would it be a good length of time to maybe come off and then check natty levels

I've run T4 for over 7 years @ 100mcg/ed. At one point I made a mistake and ran 15,000 mcg/ed for 5 weeks. Had a TERRIBLE experience but my T3/T4/TSH was back to normal in 6 weeks. Like Marcus said, Thyroids are amazingly resilient.

Thread Information