Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By MIKE_XXL

Thread: HGH Injection Timing Study - PM vs AM

DGenRit is offline Associate Member

HGH Injection Timing Study - PM vs AM

I came across this study on another board. This study suggests that before bed is the best time to pin for GH deficient patients. Does that expand to those not deficient but taking it for gains?

I have read a lot of conflicting views on HGH injection timing (before bed, early morning) and also on splitting dosage into 2 or 3 injections throughout the day.

I know there are some really well-versed HRT experts here. What are your thoughts?

Here is the study....

Evening versus morning injections of growth hormone (GH) in GH-deficient patients: effects on 24-hour patterns of circulating hormones and metabolites.
    Author information
    Abstract
    Since serum GH in normal subjects displays a circadian variation with a major and consistent surge after the onset of sleep we examined whether the time of GH administration in GH-deficient patients had any impact on its action. Eight GH-deficient patients all underwent 3 4-week study schedules in random order: 1) evening (2000 h) sc GH injections, 2) morning (0800 h) sc GH injections, and 3) no GH administration. At the end of each period the patients were admitted to hospital for 24-h measurements of hormones and metabolites. For comparison, 10 age- and sex-matched healthy untreated subjects were hospitalized once under identical conditions. Mean (+/- SE) GH availability, i.e. the area under the curve (AUC; micrograms per L/12 h) for 12 h after injection was significantly greater after evening injection than after morning injections [83.3 +/- 25.4 (evening) vs. 46.0 +/- 10.6 (morning); P less than 0.01]. This might be due to higher skin and sc temperatures when in bed. The 2000-0800 h AUC after evening injection was similar to the corresponding AUC in the reference group. Mean 24-h serum insulin -like growth factor-I levels (micrograms per L) were similar after evening (189.8 +/- 2) and morning (179.5 +/- 5.3) injections (P = 0.8), but the latter displayed a circadian variation suggesting that a steady state had not been reached. Both were significantly lower than the stable reference value (248.4 +/- 3.6 micrograms/L). Blood glucose profiles after morning and evening GH did not differ from that of the reference group, whereas blood glucose decreased when the patients received no GH (P less than 0.01). Daytime (0800-2400 h) insulin levels were increased after morning injections (P less than 0.05). Nighttime levels of lipid intermediates were below normal in the untreated state and after morning injection (P less than 0.05), whereas nighttime blood alanine tended to be above normal after morning GH injection (P = 0.08). Highly significant inverse relationships between circadian lipid intermediates and both blood alanine and lactate concentrations were observed in the reference group and in the patients after evening injections. These relationships disappeared after morning injections. We conclude that the metabolic effects of sc GH injections are clearly influenced by the time of administration and that the closest similarity to normal hormone and metabolite patterns and relationships is reached by GH injection in the evening in GH-deficient patients.
    PMID: 2294131 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    It doesn't really matter IMHO our bodies have a feedback loop anyway with the hormone so trying to get a few ius released at night isn't going to do anything. When you talk about gains that will depend on the amount and how long your using hgh. First thing is needs to be pharm grade do not be fooled in the generic hype what many try and force upon you, many are in the business of selling them and the others don't and wont have a clue what real hgh does.

Muscle tissue gains you will need at least 6-8ius daily for 12 months +
    condition, health benefits, bf levels, overall feeling of well being, maintaining muscle gains you'll need around 4ius for 6 months plus

Most importantly is the source, you need pharm grade hgh and don't be fool by anything cheap because one thing is for sure you cant buy cheap hgh. There are also many fake pharm hgh at the moment geno's are on there are thousands of them all over the place

If your injecting a few times per day split them up into morning afternoon and night.
    Last edited by marcus300; 03-28-2016 at 03:13 AM.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    It doesn't really matter IMHO our bodies have a feedback loop anyway with the hormone so trying to get a few ius released at night isn't going to do anything. When you talk about gains that will depend on the amount and how long your using hgh. First thing is needs to be pharm grade do not be fooled in the generic hype what many try and force upon you, many are in the business of selling them and the others don't and wont have a clue what real hgh does.

Muscle tissue gains you will need at least 6-8ius daily for 12 months +
    condition, health benefits, bf levels, overall feeling of well being, maintaining muscle gains you'll need around 4ius for 6 months plus

Most importantly is the source, you need pharm grade hgh and don't be fool by anything cheap because one thing is for sure you cant buy cheap hgh. There are also many fake pharm hgh at the moment geno's are on there are thousands of them all over the place

If your injecting a few times per day split them up into morning afternoon and night.
    Marcus - at the opening of your response you say it doesn't really matter when you take it - then at the end you say to split into 3 injections - morning, afternoon and evening. Why split it, if not doesn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by DGenRit View Post
    Marcus - at the opening of your response you say it doesn't really matter when you take it - then at the end you say to split into 3 injections - morning, afternoon and evening. Why split it, if not doesn't matter?
    If your taking high amounts ie anything over 4ius I would split the dose you body seems to get a better feedback from a constant supply of gh rather than one shot all at one and even 4 ius I usually split into to two dosages of 2ius.

Your main problem is finding true pharm grade gh, there are thousands across the world of the genos', not seen any nords and a few of lillys but genos I would stay clear imho to may fakes and if your using generic your wasting you time injecting that sh1t anyway, wont do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    If your taking high amounts ie anything over 4ius I would split the dose you body seems to get a better feedback from a constant supply of gh rather than one shot all at one and even 4 ius I usually split into to two dosages of 2ius.

Your main problem is finding true pharm grade gh, there are thousands across the world of the genos', not seen any nords and a few of lillys but genos I would stay clear imho to may fakes and if your using generic your wasting you time injecting that sh1t anyway, wont do anything.
    I'm taking Serostim - 5iu per day. Have been for a few years (dosage used to be 2iu). I did that experiment for 2 weeks with China HGH but am back on Seros after you (and others) were so adamant about doing only pharma. I have a great source and made the decision to not take the chance over a few bucks. I'll start splitting dosage in 2. What are the ideal times? AM and before bed? Or AM and early/late afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by DGenRit View Post
    I'm taking Serostim - 5iu per day. Have been for a few years (dosage used to be 2iu). I did that experiment for 2 weeks with China HGH but am back on Seros after you (and others) were so adamant about doing only pharma. I have a great source and made the decision to not take the chance over a few bucks. I'll start splitting dosage in 2. What are the ideal times? AM and before bed? Or AM and early/late afternoon?
    5ius - I would do early morning and mid afternoon
    DGenRit likes this.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I prefer splitting doses as well. I like small doses multiple times a day as per Ameen Alai "the mad scientist" theories. He has worked with guys like King Kamali, Don Long etc. He is very scientifically based trainer and i enjoy his teachings. Also the lower the dose the less impact to insulin sensitivity and can be used with no insulin...i like 3 x 1.5ius and i am with Marcus on the pharma grade gh, the more reading i do on problems with folding proteins correctly in a cheap manufacturing setting, the more i am afraid of using Chinese generics, as a matter of fact i have not used them in years now, thanks to Marcus for all his education and willingness to share information that has not only saved me money but potentially my and my wifes health...which is way more important...
    marcus300 likes this.

Thread Information