JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member

Prescription Confusion

Hello guys. Let me apologize up front if I seem a little dense. I have read all the "must reads" on HGH and they are great reads!! But I am confused on what my prescription says and how much it amounts too. According to Red Baron, 1mg = 3IU (2.7 to be exact). My script says exactly this:

Omnitrope5.8mg subcutaneous recon soln
    SIG: Inject 0.2milliliter by subcutaneous route daily for 30 days
    Disp: (5) five 5,8mg vial with 5 refills

So I read more of RB's info and it gets into the IU's and Ml's when you reconstitute and I totally get confused. What I want to know is, looking at the script can you tell me how many IU's will be in 1 vial of 5.8mg omnitrope? Did I ask that right? What I am trying to figure out is, the one vial of Omnitrope at 5.8mg, is that going to last me 1 month at 2 IU'S a day? This is important as I am trying to figure out cost too.

I hope I am not confusing everyone by how I am wording this. I want to be succinct and not stupid in how I ask you guys a question. Obeying the forum rules and not insulting your intelligence is important to me and I don't want to ask questions that are already answered in "must reads" but I cant figure it out mathematically.

Thanks!!!

It's simple math.

If you use 1mg = 2.7iu for conversion, 5.8 x 2.7 = 15.66iu in 5.8mg vial

15.66/2iu per day = 7.83 days, roughly 7-8 days of use. So no, one vial will not last you a month.

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    So where it says Disp: (5) five 5.8mg vial with 5 refills is that saying the 5 vials will be for 1 month and I have 5 refills of those 5 vials? Thanks Sir for the info!!

Thread Information