Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Does insulin build muscle

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member

Question Does insulin build muscle

I would like to know if inulin builds muscle I know it helps in the process but the hormone it self isn't anabolic so what's your views?

Jonbana is offline Member
    Protein and fat builds muscle..

Insulin is a storage hormone so does it build muscle ? YES but also fat it stores carbs and fats into muscle sells and fat sells when insulin is up fat burning stops and storage mode is on ,

can you build muscle without insulin research says yes but it will be at a very slow rate but it will be cleaner muscle aka less or no fat , with insulin around you will be bigger but a lot is water weight and fat and muscle

catabolic means breakdown of tissue , this can be muscle this can be fat ....
    anabolic means building tissue this can be muscle or fat cells

so when insulin is around you are anabolic because you are building fat and muscle cells
    when there no insulin you usually are catabolic depending how long levels have been low but this doesn't mean you are burning muscle you wil burn fat before muscle

so is insulin itself anabolic ? NO but the process it creates makes an anabolic environment so this answer can go both ways

basically picture it as a storage hormone not an anabolic hormone because many things can make you anabolic AKA calorie surplus long as your not breaking down fat or muscle your not catabolic and there for you are anabolic

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Insulin is the most anabolic hormone available.

It can also kill you in minutes.
    RaginCajun and Juced_porkchop like this.

^^^^^

Insulin is meant to shuttle sugar out of your blood to level out blood levels that's it job when it does this its an anabolic environment because those sugars and Aminos are going into muscles and fat cells

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    I get f'ing jacked on insulin , but I don't do like to take it when I'm not cycling, because I put on too much fat. I only take it when I'm on something that keeps the fat off like tren , and preferably also when i'm on HGH.

insulin is a double edge sword that's for sure , stores inside muscles cells and fats cells

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    I get f'ing jacked on insulin, but I don't do like to take it when I'm not cycling, because I put on too much fat. I only take it when I'm on something that keeps the fat off like tren, and preferably also when i'm on HGH.
    I took it for 3 weeks of my "off time" and I actually ended up getting leaner... I did have GH in the mix tho. I've read online of some people having the same result from insulin that I had. My next run in the new year will be alongside test and tren ... This time around was just to see how my body would react and see if it would be worth it for me or not.

I've heard some crazy horror stories from guys who weren't careful with their usage. Definitely not something to be taken lightly.

BRUTAL is offline Knowledgeable Member
    insulin is not a game, slip on it and you end up in a grave, literally..

One has to be an expert on his diet and in very precise detail on macros, timing, plus know his own biology and physiology response times like a timepiece to make it work in your favour and exactly as you want it and not against you. That is not to end up flat-lining against your own will/time.

I would agree with the ideology that insulin can do as much good as harm, it is the most powerful anabolic environment precursor out there when used precisely and considering one responds well, besides there are more than one kind of insulin types people use and they are all not the same.

Same goes with each of our own genetic build, unique anatomy and responsiveness to different compounds, also not excluding diet, training, and lifestyle habits.

Like Livinlean said - not to be taken lightly

GAINZ4DAYZ is offline Junior Member
    agreed, if you've seen the accountant, they make the guy take a double dose to od on insulin to make it look like an accident..by careful my friend.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, insulin does not "build muscle." It shuttles glycose to where it is needed.

True, it doesn't technically build muscle. The only thing that really "builds muscle" as in makes new muscle fibers is HGH. Everything else you take just makes the muscles you already have bigger.

I don't know why people make insulin out to be such a boogey man. You consume 10 of dextrose for each IU on insulin, and then keep cranberry juice on hand in case you start to crash. an hour after you have your whey/carb shake, assuming you injected after a workout, you eat a meal with lean protein and slow digesting carbs. It's not that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    I took it for 3 weeks of my "off time" and I actually ended up getting leaner... I did have GH in the mix tho. I've read online of some people having the same result from insulin that I had. My next run in the new year will be alongside test and tren ... This time around was just to see how my body would react and see if it would be worth it for me or not.

I've heard some crazy horror stories from guys who weren't careful with their usage. Definitely not something to be taken lightly.
    interesting. I bet it was the HGH that kept the fat off, because it's pretty much impossible to gain fat on HGH. It's also pretty much impossible to not lose fat unless your diet is just garbage.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You guys in the US, are you buying your slin at a pharmacy?

About how much are you paying?

I've heard the prices for humulin R have drastically increased.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    You guys in the US, are you buying your slin at a pharmacy?

About how much are you paying?

I've heard the prices for humulin R have drastically increased.
    I buy mine from a guy I met on craigslist lol. Yes there are actually people selling this stuff on craigslist

I buy mine from a guy I met on craigslist lol. Yes there are actually people selling this stuff on craigslist
    Wasn't expecting that response lol.

I'm not judging but you don't need a script so why not buy it from a pharmacy?

you do need a script for humalog, which is the only insulin i would use. plus insulin is expensive as hell if you don't have a script and therefore can't use your insurance.

you do need a script for humalog, which is the only insulin i would use. plus insulin is expensive as hell if you don't have a script and therefore can't use your insurance.
    I don't think you need a script.

I was under the impression that it's against the law for a pharmacy not to sell you insulin .

What if you don't have insurance or are on vacation and forgot your script?

A diabetic can die without insulin.

I know the price had gone up recently that's why I was asking how much you guys are paying.

Edit: Never mind, I now realize we're referencing two different types of insulin.
    Last edited by numbere; 12-19-2016 at 02:37 AM.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I don't think you need a script.

I was under the impression that it's against the law for a pharmacy not to sell you insulin .

What if you don't have insurance or are on vacation and forgot your script?

A diabetic can die without insulin.

I know the price had gone up recently that's why I was asking how much you guys are paying.

Edit: Never mind, I now realize we're referencing two different types of insulin.

Im sure I read somewhere before that guys were buying Insulin in wallmart etc? I always just assumed that both were available too.

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Im sure I read somewhere before that guys were buying Insulin in wallmart etc? I always just assumed that both were available too.
    Regular insulin is short acting and doesn't require a script.

Humalog acts faster and requires a script.
    krugerr likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    True, it doesn't technically build muscle. The only thing that really "builds muscle" as in makes new muscle fibers is HGH. Everything else you take just makes the muscles you already have bigger.

I don't know why people make insulin out to be such a boogey man. You consume 10 of dextrose for each IU on insulin, and then keep cranberry juice on hand in case you start to crash. an hour after you have your whey/carb shake, assuming you injected after a workout, you eat a meal with lean protein and slow digesting carbs. It's not that hard to do.
    There is no real proof that hgh causes hyperplasia. Its just speculation. For hgh to cause hyperplasia the dose would need to be high and for long periods of time. Its only a guess but I think you would need minimum 10iu pharma gh for years to induce hyperplasia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Insulin is the most anabolic hormone available.

It can also kill you in minutes.
    How is it the most anabolic hormone available? insulin its self isn't anabolic. Some your saying itself more anabolic than igf-1?

I get f'ing jacked on insulin, but I don't do like to take it when I'm not cycling, because I put on too much fat. I only take it when I'm on something that keeps the fat off like tren, and preferably also when i'm on HGH.
    Running slin with Hgh is the best way to pack on muscle with very little if any fat gain

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus G View Post
    How is it the most anabolic hormone available? insulin its self isn't anabolic. Some your saying itself more anabolic than igf-1?
    Insulin its the most anabolic hormone in your body, without it muscles would have no nutrients to grow, repair it self, or even exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Insulin its the most anabolic hormone in your body, without it muscles would have no nutrients to grow, repair it self, or even exercise.
    Your not explaining how it's an anabolic hormone?

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't mess with slin..

be careful if you do.

Your not explaining how it's an anabolic hormone?
    Use google. Its free.
    Jonbana and Marsoc like this.

insulin is complex is the reaction is creates in the body

I hope you're not using insulin ? If you don't know why its anabolic you have no business using it...

First thing that pops up when you google "is insulin anabolic ?"

"Insulin increases nutrient transporters to shuttle glucose and Amino Acids into the muscle cell, while preventing the catabolism of those nutrients stored as carbohydrates, protein, or fat. As such, an increase in insulin levels creates an optimal anabolic environment favorable to muscle growth."
    KINGKONG likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love slin!used it in the past without gaining and bodyfat..I would use my blood glucose meter and keep my blood sugar at a level were it wasn't converting to adipose tissue..cannot remember exactly the level wanna say 90ng/dl? It's been a long time..then after my window would close 3-4 hours I would cut my carb intake down..slin makes me look so full it's great I've gained 20lb in 6 weeks but a few weeks after I quit taking it, Iam flat and lost the weight..that's with GH or without..if you kept all the gains from slin everyone would be 300lb..I have a clean bulk planned for feb and insulin will def be utilized..I'll keep you guys posted on my progress still priming and getting my bodyfat to a optimal level..

Why do you care so much about the science behind insulin being anabolic or not? Long story short, IT WILL MAKE YOU BIG! There's a reason every single pro bodybuilder is on it.

First thing that pops up when you google "is insulin anabolic ?"

"Insulin increases nutrient transporters to shuttle glucose and Amino Acids into the muscle cell, while preventing the catabolism of those nutrients stored as carbohydrates, protein, or fat. As such, an increase in insulin levels creates an optimal anabolic environment favorable to muscle growth."
    Its not responsible for muscle growth it shuttles nutrients to the muscle which stops the muscle braking down so again it's not the most anabolic hormone your miss understood...

Why do you care so much about the science behind insulin being anabolic or not? Long story short, IT WILL MAKE YOU BIG! There's a reason every single pro bodybuilder is on it.
    I know insulin can build muscle when used with gh and AAS I'm just tired of people saying it's the most anabolic hormone in the body if that was the case all diabetics that use it would be huge mass monsters.

I hope you're not using insulin? If you don't know why its anabolic you have no business using it...
    You don't know anything about either find a study that shows its an anabolic hormone that grows muscle. Dave palumbo shares my view that insulin its self doesn't grow muscle.

Blog Entries
    I know insulin can build muscle when used with gh and AAS I'm just tired of people saying it's the most anabolic hormone in the body if that was the case all diabetics that use it would be huge mass monsters.
    I personally have a friend that is diabetic doesn't take steroids but dose lift weights and diets correctly and he is a house...if you just take it and don't exercise then you don't grow just like if you take aas and sit on the couch you wont grow...
    Marsoc likes this.

BRUTAL is offline Knowledgeable Member

my view that insulin its self doesn't grow muscle.
    Nothing by its self builds muscle, all goes hand in hand. How old are you? You seem to be anxious to prove a point?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Forum Runner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAL View Post
    Nothing by its self builds muscle, all goes hand in hand. How old are you? You seem to be anxious to prove a point?

I agree with you its as if he started this thread to start an argument...

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAL View Post

My age has no correlation to this subject matter. my point is insulin isn't the most anabolic hormone in the body and I'm sick of people saying it is when they have no clue on how it works because if they did they wouldn't be saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I agree with you its as if he started this thread to start an argument...
    I started the thread to clear up that insulin isn't as anabolic as everybody says it is which then would open up a debate not an argument.

Blog Entries
    well you would at least agree that insulin sets up an anabolic environment by "how it works" wouldn't you?...I don't understand though why you are so passionate about getting your point across when most people don't touch the stuff...how are you so sick of hearing "everyone" talk of it when barely anyone ever speaks of insulin...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information