Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Insulin injection site

Elvishk is offline Junior Member

Insulin injection site

i read lot of articles that ppls recommend insulin injection site is similar to hgh, but i found a youtube that insulin should not inject to fat because it will gain fat, so should inject to muscle like chests, shoulders, etc. is it correct?

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvishk View Post
    i read lot of articles that ppls recommend insulin injection site is similar to hgh, but i found a youtube that insulin should not inject to fat because it will gain fat, so should inject to muscle like chests, shoulders, etc. is it correct?
    Jeepers....here we go again.

So you got some insulin ?.

Fat is were you inject it into.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sub q is fine pinch some skin in your belly and shoot it there..millions of diabetics can't have it wrong..most gain a bit of fat regardless on insulin ..be safe Elvis it's nothing to be taken lightly ..
    Elvishk likes this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    be safe Elvis it's nothing to be taken lightly ..
    This

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've injected it both SubQ and IM, and you really don't want to mess with IM shots of insulin . That requires even more care than SubQ and provides much more variability in absorption, not only quicker but can be variable as well.

NovoRapid IM is just too unpredictable unless dosage is so low it doesn't matter and I'm doing some experiments with ultratard IM but that's a super long slin type.

Stay away from it, and if you must; do it SubQ.
    Elvishk likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    What kind of insulin ? Do you have glucometer and know what is your blood sugar?

BTW, it will no grow your belly

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    What kind of insulin ? Do you have glucometer and know what is your blood sugar?

BTW, it will no grow your belly
    humulin r
    I have a glucometer but not yet start insulin! Maybe after summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humulin r
    I have a glucometer but not yet start insulin ! Maybe after summer!

You need novalog

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    You need novalog
    Need doctor approval

Need doctor approval

No you don't, I got tons sitting in my fridge right now that won't get used before it expires

humulin r
    I have a glucometer but not yet start insulin ! Maybe after summer!
    Make sure you understand how insulin affect your blood sugar, dont be afraid to use glucometer multiple times and make sure you have your meals/food/carbs/sugar ready.

Humulin R in my opinion is best used IM. Novolog or Humalog are much faster and too fast to be used intramuscular.

Human or regular insulin (like humulin R) when injected IM have onset and peak time about half from subq, making it much more useful for bodybuilding purposes. I disagree that IM is more unpredictable, in fact I think its the opposite, subq injections are usually less predictable than IM. Of course, if you pin in a muscle that full of blood from just finishing working out, its going to be faster than on a rested muscle.

And yes subq injections can cause lipohypertrophy, but IM injections are not totally free from it too. Use multiple places, quads are good place to use slin pins, shoulders, triceps. Use lean muscles to do it.

Only regular insulin is OTC. All the other kind, fast and slow, require prescription.

But I repeat, it will not give you big stomach. It should only be done if you are serious about bodybuilding, not to make gut grow, like I said, it will not.
    DocToxin8, ghettoboyd and Elvishk like this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Humilin R was my favorite. Just make sure you've researched well and good luck to you.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    No you don't, I got tons sitting in my fridge right now that won't get used before it expires
    I need to come visit.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When injecting water based meds, I've noticed very little difference between sub-Q and IM absorption/onset rates. Either way, water is absorbed pretty fucking fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    When injecting water based meds, I've noticed very little difference between sub-Q and IM absorption/onset rates. Either way, water is absorbed pretty fucking fast.
    No, IM its much faster. You can try it yourself with a glucometer.

There's no real data as IM is not FDA approved. Some old studies indicate about 50% faster (here and here).

Personally also agree with the about 50% time reduction, from my own observations, as this article:

1. Put some insulin in your muscle.
    No, it’s not a dyslexic typo. Injecting insulin into muscle makes it work faster. Much faster. From my experience analyzing data from continuous glucose monitors, insulin injected into muscle peaks and finishes working twice as fast as insulin injected into the fatty later below the skin. It doesn’t work harder, just faster. Good sites to inject include the forearm, triceps, calf and quadriceps.....

from: https://diatribe.org/issues/39/thinking-like-a-pancreas, Gary Scheiner MS, CDE

EDIT: Only talking about regular human insulin, dont try IM with fast acting humalog or novolog.
    Last edited by Mr.BB; 03-14-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    Elvishk and DocToxin8 like this.

I'm not familiar with the types of insulin you use in the US.

What I've used is either NovoRapid: insulin aspartate (very fast acting)
    Or ultratard (very long acting): insulin cystallline zinc suspension

From what you say BB I'll be experimenting more with injecting ultratard IM.
    But with NovoRapid it's just way to fast IM,
    and also somewhat unpredictable as a delt, tricep, bicep, etc inject seems to vary depending on how much I use the muscle.
    Injecting bigger muscles like quads might be more steady.

NovoRapid hits you within 30min after SubQ, and peaks at 1h-1,5h.
    So maybe my feeling of it being unpredictable is just that if you divide that in half, it's just too fucking quick.

But I did a lot of IM insulin before, with lower dosages.

Has to be said though, I've never experienced any lipodystrophy in fat or any problems IM site either. I think that rarely happens unless you're a diabetic who inject 1000s of times over years.

Anyway, interesting stuff BB.

And btw, reason I did a lot of IM shots wasn't because of fear of lipodystrophy,
    but in hopes of a localized effect. Whether it had a localized effect or not I can't say, but I got the feeling the insulin (like HGH) seems to help when you've strained your shoulder (injuries).
    Really can't tell for certain, as I usually combined this with Deca ,
    but I've had several shoulder injuries heal up in miracle time.
    Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has noticed or not noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    And btw, reason I did a lot of IM shots wasn't because of fear of lipodystrophy,
    but in hopes of a localized effect. Whether it had a localized effect or not I can't say, but I got the feeling the insulin (like HGH) seems to help when you've strained your shoulder (injuries).
    Really can't tell for certain, as I usually combined this with Deca ,
    but I've had several shoulder injuries heal up in miracle time.
    Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has noticed or not noticed this.
    Ill tell ya, about localized effect.

My girl been type 1 since age 12. She's 32 now, does all her shots in back of arm.

After 20 years of slin her triceps are pretty DAMN big as well as biceps, and she barely exersise those years.

Is it something that will happen during a few months cycling? Probably not, but its slow and steady it does happen

I'm not familiar with the types of insulin you use in the US.

What I've used is either NovoRapid: insulin aspartate (very fast acting)
    Or ultratard (very long acting): insulin cystallline zinc suspension

From what you say BB I'll be experimenting more with injecting ultratard IM.
    But with NovoRapid it's just way to fast IM,
    and also somewhat unpredictable as a delt, tricep, bicep, etc inject seems to vary depending on how much I use the muscle.
    Injecting bigger muscles like quads might be more steady.

NovoRapid hits you within 30min after SubQ, and peaks at 1h-1,5h.
    So maybe my feeling of it being unpredictable is just that if you divide that in half, it's just too fucking quick.

But I did a lot of IM insulin before, with lower dosages.

Has to be said though, I've never experienced any lipodystrophy in fat or any problems IM site either. I think that rarely happens unless you're a diabetic who inject 1000s of times over years.

Anyway, interesting stuff BB.
    I wouldnt use ultratard (or other long acting slin) unless you are getting fasting blood sugar above 100mg/dl, from high dose HGH usage. And only a small amount needed for that basal insulin to keep your blood sugar normal.

Completely agree, fast acting like novorapid (aspart or lispro) its dangerous to use IM.

Im only talking about using human regular insulin (actrapid, humulin-r). Yeah, quads is good to use plenty of spots, most studies about IM insulin are made on tights. Just dont use after leg day hehehe.
    Using regular insulin IM, instead of subq, it makes it quite close to using a fast acting, in terms of timing. And I get it for free, so thats a plus.

Dont be afraid of using your glucometer!!!

Glucometer is a must yes. Now That im preparing for a blast it's time to get into the habit of wearing it 24/7 again.

I was sceptical of ultratard myself, until I tried it.
    In the literature it says it has a 30h active life, but if that's true,
    then the residual effects after 12h are so little that I don't notice anything.
    However, I haven't gone past 18u of ultratard.
    And in theory that shouldn't be much at all, as I can take 10u NovoRapid.
    But even 16u of Ultratard has given me some strange symptoms when I was walking home from training. (Measured my BG and it was around 5mmol, so I wasn't hypo, but felt like it)

Anyways, after some experience with ultratard (think I've done about 200u total) I find it to be great. Not something I wanna do ED, but perfect for doing when every body part is aching from training. Then it's like 3 days rest in 1 day. And with 16u I can also use some NovoRapid after a big shake,
    (warning! Insulin stacking is extremely dangerous!)
    so for my next blast I'm thinking of doing ultratard a couple of days a week,
    NovoRapid as often as I can handle it. (Hopefully at least after each workout),

I haven't noticed any loss of insulin sensitivity with ultratard,
    but the longest stretch I used it was 1 week.

Rapid and long slin each have their advantages and disadvantages IMO.
    Long acting being much easier to handle, yet requires you handling it the whole day vs just 4 hours with NovoRapid.
    I also wouldn't use long acting for day after day anymore,
    just to be cautious about losing insulin sensitivity.

I have a hard time gaining fat, so I haven't noticed any fat gain with ultratard either. Except one week where I payed no attention to the amount of fat I ingested as an experiment. (It was high calorie and high fat, high carb high everything), and it was very modest. Lost that fat in three days.

But yeah, unless using HGH I would be careful with ultratard.
    I might run HGH this blast as well.
    As I see it, there's good reason to run slin without HGH but little reason to run HGH without slin. (If anabolism is the goal)
    Obs and KINGKONG like this.

Maybe I'm wrong, just thinking out loud here. Cant seem to grasp the idea of supplementing basal insulin , if the beta cells in you pancreas are working correctly why do you want replace it with exogenous?
    Dont see the advantages for bodybuilding, except like said above if HGH is creating insulin resistance.
    Just picking your brain Doc.

Obs
    Glucometer is a must yes. Now That im preparing for a blast it's time to get into the habit of wearing it 24/7 again.

In the literature it says it has a 30h active life, but if that's true,
    then the residual effects after 12h are so little that I don't notice anything.
    And in theory that shouldn't be much at all, as I can take 10u NovoRapid.
    But even 16u of Ultratard has given me some strange symptoms when I was walking home from training. (Measured my BG and it was around 5mmol, so I wasn't hypo, but felt like it)

Anyways, after some experience with ultratard (think I've done about 200u total) I find it to be great. Not something I wanna do ED, but perfect for doing when every body part is aching from training. Then it's like 3 days rest in 1 day. And with 16u I can also use some NovoRapid after a big shake,
    (warning! Insulin stacking is extremely dangerous!)
    so for my next blast I'm thinking of doing ultratard a couple of days a week,
    NovoRapid as often as I can handle it. (Hopefully at least after each workout),

but the longest stretch I used it was 1 week.

Rapid and long slin each have their advantages and disadvantages IMO.
    Long acting being much easier to handle, yet requires you handling it the whole day vs just 4 hours with NovoRapid.
    I also wouldn't use long acting for day after day anymore,
    just to be cautious about losing insulin sensitivity.

I have a hard time gaining fat, so I haven't noticed any fat gain with ultratard either. Except one week where I payed no attention to the amount of fat I ingested as an experiment. (It was high calorie and high fat, high carb high everything), and it was very modest. Lost that fat in three days.

I might run HGH this blast as well.
    As I see it, there's good reason to run slin without HGH but little reason to run HGH without slin. (If anabolism is the goal)
    You have this honed down on a whole level I wont see for a decade. I have considered slin off cycle but I kind of doubt I do it. I am still looking for good compounds to use between cycles to maintain or possibly gain. Sooo many decisions.

Maybe I'm wrong, just thinking out loud here. Cant seem to grasp the idea of supplementing basal insulin , if the beta cells in you pancreas are working correctly why do you want replace it with exogenous?
    Dont see the advantages for bodybuilding, except like said above if HGH is creating insulin resistance.
    Yeah, in theory it shouldn't be any purpose to it. That is, IF it only replaced basal insulin levels.
    My thinking is that it does not.
    Long acting insulin would mean that;
    1) there's a continuous release of insulin to the bloodstream during the day
    2) this means there's a level of insulin present that prevents proteolysis (anti catabolic) and increase nutrient shuttling
    3) if blood sugar increase in spite of this basal insulin level,
    The beta cells in the pancreas will be directly stimulated by glucose (and some other mechanisms) to release insulin to the liver and blood.

So, instead of just replacing basal insulin levels as would happen in a type 1 diabetic, long acting slin will only replace endogenous insulin when BG is low.
    A non diabetic has a fully functioning pancreas regulating BG after all,
    so I can't see why exogenous insulin would replace endogenous; IF BG (or some amino acids) are elevated.

This is mere conjecture on my part, but makes sense to me.

And then you can also factor in what happens if BG gets low (not very low, but let's say between 4-5mmol/L BG): the body will then try to raise BG by following steps (among others):
    -increase epinephrine secretion to stimulate gluconeogenesis
    -increase growth hormone secretion (and glucagon)

These latter effects may be very minor when bulking though and is dangerous to try to happen, and insulins anti catabolic and nutrient shuttling effects are probably the major anabolic advantage it gives IMO.
    KINGKONG likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Big picture that I see is

1) Injection causes momentary (1-4 hours with Rapid) bump in Insulin
    2) A big picture view of Insulin is it removes one path of energy (Blood Sugar) for Glycogen usage
    3) Therefore muscle Glycogen is used directly by muscles
    4) Since you basically prevent Glycogen from mobilizing to blood sugar it is "kept" available for muscle usage
    5) This allows longer period of time that muscles have access to the stored energy

Not a big deal? Think about someone who has a lot of muscle. They "bonk/hit a wall" faster due to energy expenditure need being so high to work the large muscle mass. Glycogen forced to stay in muscle for usage is a big bonus (not leaked into bloodsugar). This also impacts incoming energy from the digestive system preventing alternative paths to blood sugar and making glycogen to muscle the number one two and three option for energy out path.

Just my two cents. I do not see any bonus for using insulin unless you force a bump over normal levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Big picture that I see is

1) Injection causes momentary (1-4 hours with Rapid) bump in Insulin
    2) A big picture view of Insulin is it removes one path of energy (Blood Sugar) for Glycogen usage
    3) Therefore muscle Glycogen is used directly by muscles
    4) Since you basically prevent Glycogen from mobilizing to blood sugar it is "kept" available for muscle usage
    5) This allows longer period of time that muscles have access to the stored energy

Not a big deal? Think about someone who has a lot of muscle. They "bonk/hit a wall" faster due to energy expenditure need being so high to work the large muscle mass. Glycogen forced to stay in muscle for usage is a big bonus (not leaked into bloodsugar). This also impacts incoming energy from the digestive system preventing alternative paths to blood sugar and making glycogen to muscle the number one two and three option for energy out path.

Just my two cents. I do not see any bonus for using insulin unless you force a bump over normal levels.
    But that's a very narrow view of insulins effects.

It does promote glycogenesis and inhibit glycogenolysis,
    but it also prevents proteolysis (quite powerfully) and stimulate protein synthesis (mildly), and it improves nutrient shuttling by ulregulating GLUT4 (glucose transporters) in f.ex myocytes.
    (The livers GLUT proteins are always expressed even without insulin)

So yes, insulin will increase glycogen content in muscle, drawing in intracellular water and making them swell up. (Maybe a signal for growth just by itself?)

But it will also inhibit muscle breakdown (proteolysis), and is thus a very powerful anti catabolic.
    Coupled with increased amino acid transport into myocytes and the presence of AAS (it also upregulate AR) you got a very powerful synergistic effect.

Exogenous insulin will unlike endogenous not affect the liver first,
    so it also has a different effect on muscle vs it's BG lowering effect tha. Endogenous.
    I just looked through pubmed and found support that exogenous insulin doesn't necessarily replace endogenous either. But it did supress it.
    But the supression of endogenous insulin seems to be mediated simply by less stimulation of beta cells by glucose.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Why don't you just inject it into your "gut muscle?"

But even 16u of Ultratard has given me some.....

I have a hard time gaining fat, so I haven't noticed any fat gain with ultratard either.

HEHEH LOL. you said "Ultratard" hehe.

I think wanting a sexy muscle gut is borderline being "ultratarded"...
    DocToxin8, Quester and Obs like this.

A chick whom, I know would know, told me:
    Guys with big guts got small dicks...
    I'll take her word for it.
    Regardless, if that's what chick think...
    Obs likes this.

What she said was:
    "It's connected to the abdominal muscle, if the abdominal muscle is sticking out, it pulls the penis in."
    She's probably right, evolutionarilly, perhaps thats why guys with big guts don't get laid.
    Either way, if that's what chicks think, it doesn't matter if there right or wrong does it?
    DocToxin8 and Obs like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    What she said was:
    "It's connected to the abdominal muscle, if the abdominal muscle is sticking out, it pulls the penis in."
    She's probably right, evolutionarilly, perhaps thats why guys with big guts don't get laid.
    Either way, if that's what chicks think, it doesn't matter if there right or wrong does it?
    Dude this reminds me of a story my ex's sister told me about a fat guy that couldnt get his job done with her because his gut kept sucking it in....

"I felt so sorry for him", she said....
    Damnation why did she tell me that story...
    And why are ya'll reading it? You poor bastards.
    DocToxin8, ghettoboyd and Quester like this.

I heard huge body tiny Dick but it is nonsense! Arms and legs will be shorter after ur body build up!? It is a vision matter!

No actually, for each 2cm extra waist circumference you get,
    the penis is shrunk on average 0,5cm (0,3-0,8cm).
    Not only is this caused by a weaker TA muscle,
    but an increase in Alpha2 adreneroceptors contribute to a higher incidence of erectile dysfunction/ED too.

On top of this the reduced blood flow to the penis can over time lead to reduced wound healing and gangrene, so it's almost a sure thing you'll eventually have to amputate it as well.
    Very bad prospects for your dick indeed Elvis.
    Obs, Quester, ghettoboyd and 1 others like this.

I heard huge body tiny Dick but it is nonsense! Arms and legs will be shorter after ur body build up!? It is a vision matter!

Something about your grammar makes me want to pin you under a heavy barbell and leave you stuck...
    Obs, Quester and ghettoboyd like this.

Obs
    Something about your grammar makes me want to pin you under a heavy barbell and leave you stuck...
    I think he is oriental. Relax Elvis, someday you will be fat as hell and have a big C#?*. You will have a gut that sticks out 15" and a pecker that sticks out 18". That leaves 3" for your fellas to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post

I think he is oriental. Relax Elvis, someday you will be fat as hell and have a big C#?*. You will have a gut that sticks out 15" and a pecker that sticks out 18". That leaves 3" for your fellas to play with.
    OHH SNAP!! Got 'Em..

Elvish,
    Hey look,
    We have no reason to dislike you, in fact nobody does dislike you. It's just that this gut thing is completely anathema to what we are trying to accomplish. Nobody could ever be on board with that, its heretical. Its completely your right to pursue your objectives, however, take it from a man who always goes the hard way: there's no point in it. Stay with us.
    The easy way: change your avatar, never mention this threatening shit again, continue to pursue your own goals without seeking validation.
    The smart way: Listen to what others are saying and drop the Arnold Schwarzenegger look from the movie JR.
    The other way: wait for bad weather before you travel, always head into the wind (indeed, pee as you walk), continue asking asking for the wisdom of your elders and ignoring it, tell others how smart you are, show people in small villages with farm implements that you are different, fart a lot, MAKE A BIG GUT MUSCLE.
    Obs and DocToxin8 like this.

Actually i am looking for my goal - the bigger the better! I understand u guys here dislike muscle but I have received encouragement messages! Really thanks for your comments and advices.

You couldn't just take Questers advice no?

I learned as a young boy, being out to sea in a storm,
    never to throw up against the wind.

You'll never reach this goal Elvis,
    but if you want a fat belly then that's easy enough.
    Just start eating and shut up.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    seriously there must be other sexual fetish forums for which this subject is gladly talked about with like minded people like yourself elvis...everyone here is about muscle just not in the twisted way that you are...
    Obs likes this.

Why we feed"
    Last edited by Couchlock; 03-22-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information