Bicep321 is offline Associate Member

Insulin helping ED

I have ED from steroid use . I’m 6 months off from everything, testosterone seems pretty much recovered but I have no libido at all.

Weird thing is when I take insulin , it seems like I start having erections again. When I stop they’re gone completely. Then when I start again they come back.

What could this mean? Could this be a sign that I’m diabetic? I never really had any signs of diabetes or insulin resistance. I’ve only taken insulin for bodybuilding purposes and never for extended periods of time. I’ve never had an abnormal reading for glucose levels in bloodwork.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your BG is in order you don’t have diabetes. Period.

But insulin does have some effect on increasing androgen receptors and such. Still, wouldn’t think you got that reaction.
    Are you on any meds perhaps?

I’ve noticed that slin can help normalize me after being sapped from energy, so this might also explain it,
    it just puts your body in an anabolic state, which will make you feel better if you were slightly catabolic.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Insulin is an extremely powerful vasodilator not to mention it increases free test.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    If your BG is in order you don’t have diabetes. Period.

But insulin does have some effect on increasing androgen receptors and such. Still, wouldn’t think you got that reaction.
    Are you on any meds perhaps?

I’ve noticed that slin can help normalize me after being sapped from energy, so this might also explain it,
    it just puts your body in an anabolic state, which will make you feel better if you were slightly catabolic.
    The energy thing w slin is very true, I am trying to figure out the exact actions it has on the nervous system to make you feel better.

Thread Information