Clarifications about Questions about eating around HGH

I would like to have a few things clarified since I seem to be getting so much conflicting info reading the various threads.

I have a amino acid protein drink with 10g of carbs I slam right in the morning.. am I good to take this with my 2IU injection

Currently running 3IU/day
    2 in morning, 1 in afternoon.

Not taking anything else besides regular supplements with this.

Would I be better waking up a few hours earlier and taking the shot, going back to bed, and then just resuming normal eating in morning?
    Also, does anyone have any input on if I should just pin all 3IU in one dose in the morning? I'm using Pfizer Genotropin 12mg pharmacy pens.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Not the 10g of carbs, it is ok to take aminos or protein, but you need to make sure its a good brand with zero carbs/sugar.

Scrumhalf is offline New Member
    Is it the insulin spike to avoid when pinning hgh? So low glycemic carbs would be fine?

I have spent some time researching this forum and the consensus seems to be all over the map on this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Is it the insulin spike to avoid when pinning hgh? So low glycemic carbs would be fine?

I have spent some time researching this forum and the consensus seems to be all over the map on this question.
    HGH is an insulin agonist so you don't want sugar in your body after your HGH injection. To be safe, there should be no sugar in the body for 45 mins after an HGH injection. Low glycemic carbs (<55) will start to metabolize and produce sugars in 15 to 30 minutes of ingestion. That's still too fast. Again, to be safe I would say to take the amino/carb drink 30 minutes after your HGH shot. Also, you can take all 3iu at the same time.

Scrumhalf is offline New Member
    Makes sense, thanks Scotch!

Thread Information