ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

HGH/IGF-1 blood work

So my doc has scheduled me to get some blood work done to see if my current dose of Genotropin at 0.6mg is sufficient enough so I am stable, or whether the blood results would warrant an increase.

My question is whether my current gh dose has now stabilized my growth hormone levels that is in the acceptable range for hgh levels, or the doc needs to increase it. I don’t pay a dime for mine, which is awesome!

If I stopped taking my growth hormone a week (or possibly even two weeks) before my labs are scheduled, would my natural growth hormone go back to being extremely low (outside of the normal range)? Or do I need to stop the injections even earlier? Obviously I want my Genotropin to be increased since I have zero co-pay for this prescription.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok, so, I'll answer from my experience, not researched because I'm to lazy, this is your question, not mine: totally experiential knowledge. My IGF-1 levels, as a result of my GHRP/GHRH injections, are slow to fall. From that info: IGF-1 is the marker for HGH. Your attempts to manipulate your outcome are appreciated but probably not worth it in the long run, you'll have to stop for a few weeks to trick your doc.
    Disclaimer, this is completely based off of my experience rather than anything I've researched. If it really matters to you, research plasma levels of IGF-1 v duration, in context to exogenous supplementation.
    Afterward, share what you have found out with us.
    Thanks

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Ok, so, I'll answer from my experience, not researched because I'm to lazy, this is your question, not mine: totally experiential knowledge. My IGF-1 levels, as a result of my GHRP/GHRH injections, are slow to fall. From that info: IGF-1 is the marker for HGH. Your attempts to manipulate your outcome are appreciated but probably not worth it in the long run, you'll have to stop for a few weeks to trick your doc.
    Disclaimer, this is completely based off of my experience rather than anything I've researched. If it really matters to you, research plasma levels of IGF-1 v duration, in context to exogenous supplementation.
    Afterward, share what you have found out with us.
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply! The blood work is only required to find out if the current and first dose is sufficient enough for my body. If the blood levels are normal, then my endo won't increase the dose. If my levels are still too low, then she will increase the dose which is what I want.

Thread Information