fauxnaturale is offline New Member

Lightbulb HGH: Target IGF-1 levels?

What is a good target IGF-1 level? I had my blood work done and my IGF-1 was already at 403 after taking 2 IUs/day of HGH for 5 days. The upper boundary for a IGF-1 level for a 20 year old is 443. I'm 38 so either this stuff really works quick or I was already at a high level.

Re: source quality, this is pharma grade (Nordiflex) that I got via a prescription from a Dr. in a non-U.S. country. So I have no reason to think it's over-dosed UGL stuff.

So what's good IGF-1 level for someone who wants to increase lean mass and get anti-aging effects? Will it continue to go up?

Reference range source from the Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayomedicallaboratories....t.php?id=22910

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fauxnaturale View Post
    What is a good target IGF-1 level? I had my blood work done and my IGF-1 was already at 403 after taking 2 IUs/day of HGH for 5 days. The upper boundary for a IGF-1 level for a 20 year old is 443. I'm 38 so either this stuff really works quick or I was already at a high level.

Re: source quality, this is pharma grade (Nordiflex) that I got via a prescription from a Dr. in a non-U.S. country. So I have no reason to think it's over-dosed UGL stuff.

So what's good IGF-1 level for someone who wants to increase lean mass and get anti-aging effects? Will it continue to go up?

Reference range source from the Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayomedicallaboratories....t.php?id=22910
    So you got baseline bloodwork done, prescribed HGH, took it for 5 days and then had bloodwork done again after only 5 days? Is that right?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fauxnaturale View Post

I'm almost 54 and run very close to the same protocol you are on with Saizen or Serostim. My last values came back @ 407 ng/mL and honestly I wouldn't want them much higher than that continually. 6-8 months as an aid to recovery and healing...yes. Permanently...no.
    Typically, when I don't supplement w/GH my IGF-1 levels are slightly over the top end of the range for my age ( 218ng/mL at last check).
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

fauxnaturale is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8 View Post
    So you got baseline bloodwork done, prescribed HGH, took it for 5 days and then had bloodwork done again after only 5 days? Is that right?
    No, I didn't get my blood work done before, I took HGH for 5 days, and then got my blood work done. Ideally, I should have got it done prior but it was harder to get done in a foreign country.

Thread Information