Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Oneup81

Thread: Why wait to eat? Hgh

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

Why wait to eat? Hgh

I've read that you take hGH on an empty stomach and wait at least a half hour before eating, but no one ever says why. Is it broscience or is there a legitimate reason?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    HGH release and glucose metabolism are closely related and 'inter-twined' . your blood glucose levels are effected by food and thus food consumption will have a direct effect on HGH release.

notice I said "release" . thats important. because when we take exogenous HGH we are not dependent on any sort of 'release' of HGH, we are taking it directly into the blood stream and our levels of GH in the blood will elevate no matter if we ate or not.
    Now gHRH (growth hormone releasing hormones) ARE effected by food. when you inject ghrh/ghrp's your doing so to stimulate the pituitary to release GH. if you have elevated blood sugar levels (ie, you ate a meal), the release of GH will be blunted.

you can take exogenous HGH fasted, or before a meal (even with insulin ) . depending on your goals (fat loss, or growth)
    Oneup81, HoldMyBeer and Obs like this.

Oneup81 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    HGH release and glucose metabolism are closely related and 'inter-twined' . your blood glucose levels are effected by food and thus food consumption will have a direct effect on HGH release.

notice I said "release" . thats important. because when we take exogenous HGH we are not dependent on any sort of 'release' of HGH, we are taking it directly into the blood stream and our levels of GH in the blood will elevate no matter if we ate or not.
    Now gHRH (growth hormone releasing hormones) ARE effected by food. when you inject ghrh/ghrp's your doing so to stimulate the pituitary to release GH. if you have elevated blood sugar levels (ie, you ate a meal), the release of GH will be blunted.

you can take exogenous HGH fasted, or before a meal (even with insulin) . depending on your goals (fat loss, or growth)
    What about when taking LR3? Can carbohydrates stop it from workin? I would think now because the liver doesn't have to do any conversations?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneup81 View Post
    What about when taking LR3? Can carbohydrates stop it from workin? I would think now because the liver doesn't have to do any conversations?
    IGF - LR3 is "insulin " like Growth Factor.. it binds to the same receptors like insulin. it will actually lower your blood sugar and can cause you to go hypo (IF your LR3 is indeed real IGF), so having carbs is essential to a degree.

IGF is not released by the pituitary and effected by glucose metabolism like HGH is. IGF is produced in the liver via metabolic processes. in fact, in the presence of Glucose and insulin and HGH, you'll get super compensation effect and the liver will produce even more IGF
    (thats why guys run HGH and Insulin together with high carbs)

but, taking exogenous IGF you'll NOT want to do this fasted. carbs are recommended.

Oneup81 is offline New Member
    IGF - LR3 is "insulin " like Growth Factor.. it binds to the same receptors like insulin. it will actually lower your blood sugar and can cause you to go hypo (IF your LR3 is indeed real IGF), so having carbs is essential to a degree.

IGF is not released by the pituitary and effected by glucose metabolism like HGH is. IGF is produced in the liver via metabolic processes. in fact, in the presence of Glucose and insulin and HGH, you'll get super compensation effect and the liver will produce even more IGF
    (thats why guys run HGH and Insulin together with high carbs)

but, taking exogenous IGF you'll NOT want to do this fasted. carbs are recommended.
    Okay that's where I got confused.I thought that carbohydrates blunted the conversion of HGH in to igf at the liver not by stopping the release of it from the pituitary gland.

On another note now you got me wondering if my igf was ever real don't get me wrong I've made crazy improvements while on igf. However one thing I have never gotten is hypoglycemic (I hope that's right word) but then again I can also take 7 I use a fuel log and I mean of course I eat but there's been times I taking it and I've waited an hour and I never had a problem. Could some people be more susceptible to get you a call of diabetic shock than others?

I appreciate the feedback brother even tho ive been doing this a long time
    That's one thing I love about the sport you never done learning. If you don't mind I'm going to send you a message later I got a question for you..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

you can always use a blood glucose meter. in a fasted or post-perineal state take your blood glucose reading with the meter, then take your IGF, then 45 mins take your blood glucose reading again. it should be lower. if not then I would question your source

you can always use a blood glucose meter. in a fasted or post-perineal state take your blood glucose reading with the meter, then take your IGF, then 45 mins take your blood glucose reading again. it should be lower. if not then I would question your source
    I would assume this is applicable to hGH as well?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I would assume this is applicable to hGH as well?
    not really because HGH is 'hyper-glycemic' . IGF is 'hypo-glycemic'.. of course there is some cross over here being HGH will cause an increase in natural IGF production. but overall HGH is going to raise blood sugars. if your fasted blood sugar was say 80 on average, and you jumped on HGH for a couple weeks, your new avg fasted blood sugar may end up being 95. HGH can directly increase blood sugar as well as cause insulin resistence which results in increased blood sugar over time.

high dose HGH use over time can lead to type 2 diabetes . this is one reason why using Insulin with HGH is a big plus. Exogenous IGF use on the other hand will do the opposite of HGH, and cause lower blood sugars

not really because HGH is 'hyper-glycemic' . IGF is 'hypo-glycemic'.. of course there is some cross over here being HGH will cause an increase in natural IGF production. but overall HGH is going to raise blood sugars. if your fasted blood sugar was say 80 on average, and you jumped on HGH for a couple weeks, your new avg fasted blood sugar may end up being 95. HGH can directly increase blood sugar as well as cause insulin resistence which results in increased blood sugar over time.

high dose HGH use over time can lead to type 2 diabetes . this is one reason why using Insulin with HGH is a big plus. Exogenous IGF use on the other hand will do the opposite of HGH, and cause lower blood sugars
    Thank you

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Thread Information