• 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Which insulin to use?

tuxpic is offline New Member

Which insulin to use?

Hi guys. Im thinking into doing my first and only insulin cycle. Along with my AAS cycle of 1.2g Test 1.2g NPP and 350mg tren a week.
    Thing is i come out from gym at 6 or 7pm and i generally go to sleep at 11pm.
    I dont want my insulin to be active while I sleep in case my BG turns too low and I dont realise as im asleep.
    I want and i think the best time to take my insulin would be right after i finish my workout. So what kind of insulin would be the best for me taking in count I finish work out at that hour? I was thinking on Humalog but i think it stays active for 5 hours. Any help?

Thanks.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Nova rapid or Nova log
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Nova rapid or Nova log
    Do you think it would be OK to take humalog at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by tuxpic View Post
    Do you think it would be OK to take humalog at that time?
    Yes it's fast acting

Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Man fuck that lantus.
    I can see myself explaining at the hospital...

"I forgot I shot it three times... I cant drink no more fuckingvgrape juice. I need a glucose IV cuz I am going to bed."
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Man fuck that lantus.
    I can see myself explaining at the hospital...

"I forgot I shot it three times... I cant drink no more fuckingvgrape juice. I need a glucose IV cuz I am going to bed."
    the thing is with Lantus your likely not ever going to be put in the hospital or go extreme hypo because of it. even if you go without carbs all day long.. its so steady and slow acting, it actually gives your liver time to produce enough glucose to cover you.
    whereas something like Humalog, if you forget your carbs you may be screwed
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the thing is with Lantus your likely not ever going to be put in the hospital or go extreme hypo because of it. even if you go without carbs all day long.. its so steady and slow acting, it actually gives your liver time to produce enough glucose to cover you.
    whereas something like Humalog, if you forget your carbs you may be screwed
    Well dammit... Looks like I need some lantus too for my bridge. It looks scary. Worst case scenario I would be hungry as hell all the time I guess lol

Well dammit... Looks like I need some lantus too for my bridge. It looks scary. Worst case scenario I would be hungry as hell all the time I guess lol
    sounds like a good thing to me.

I'm going to be adding Lantus into my current insulin protocol . I need the appetite increase as well . also need to run some Humalog on top of it at high dose to force me to have to eat carbs just so I don't die. . going to put on this weight one way or another
    Obs likes this.

Obs

I'm going to be adding Lantus into my current insulin protocol . I need the appetite increase as well . also need to run some Humalog on top of it at high dose to force me to have to eat carbs just so I don't die. . going to put on this weight one way or another
    It sounds stupid but I would rather go hypo and be wanting to eat everything than choke down meals all the time.
    I feel your pain.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

More info please. I was scared shitless of Lantus like Obs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs and GearHeaded like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

Someday he is gonna get pissed at us and tell us a microdose of cyanide per day will get you jakked...

Rip charger and obs...
    charger69 likes this.

Someday he is gonna get pissed at us and tell us a microdose of cyanide per day will get you jakked...

Rip charger and obs...
    LMAO

Obs likes this.

Obs
    LMAO

This is why you must check your wikr... I will die first because whatever dosage he recommends I will be running double or so.

This is why you must check your wikr... I will die first because whatever dosage he recommends I will be running double or so.
    Yeah, I did that today. Can’t go to sleep.
    I did my two morning injections and I did two tonight. I got home from the gym at 7:30.
    Falling asleep but trying to stay awake to avoid hypo while sleeping. I will probably take glucose tabs shortly as a safety precaution. Feel fine, just tired. 52 today so I decided to take a walk on the wild side. I’m too old for the wild side.

Between me trying to keep up with you and Cape, I’m going to suffer a heart attack !!

Capebuffalo and Obs like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Yeah, I did that today. Can’t go to sleep.
    I did my two morning injections and I did two tonight. I got home from the gym at 7:30.
    Falling asleep but trying to stay awake to avoid hypo while sleeping. I will probably take glucose tabs shortly as a safety precaution. Feel fine, just tired. 52 today so I decided to take a walk on the wild side. I’m too old for the wild side.

Between me trying to keep up with you and Cape, I’m going to suffer a heart attack !!

Happy birthday

Would be having some carbs just right before bed put me on a safer side? As i want to avoid going hypo while asleep.. As i would be using humalog and going to sleep 5 hours after and I dont want any trace of it be messing around.
    On the other hand what about apidra and its duration of 1 and a half hour?

Quote Originally Posted by tuxpic View Post
    Would be having some carbs just right before bed put me on a safer side? As i want to avoid going hypo while asleep.. As i would be using humalog and going to sleep 5 hours after and I dont want any trace of it be messing around.
    On the other hand what about apidra and its duration of 1 and a half hour?
    if your trying to grow then you should probably be taking in some protein and carbs late into the night anyway . highly unlikely Humalog is gong to be lingering around though

Insulin suppresses Cortisol (blocks catabolism) and lowers SHBG (thus freeing up more testosterone ) AND helps up regulate the conversion of T4 into T3 . so , I'm going to be adding a long acting insulin like Lantus on top of my normal regular acting insulin protocol (or humalog) . basically to give me 24 hours worth of insulin. I'll be upping my calories during this phase. I'll be trying to put on some more size and having 24/7 insulin support (and the above benefits I mentioned) will help me partition and put more of those calories to use.

Lantus is the safest insulin to use cause its so steady and slow your liver can keep up with it and thus prevent going hypo if you don't get in enough dietary carbs.
    having said that,, I'm still going to be running 25iu of my regular acting insulin on top of the lantus. so that 'safety net' doesn't really apply in my case, but would for someone only using Lantus
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information